Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A place to have a chat.

User
Posted 26 Feb 2024 at 13:13

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Wonder there’s some way to have photo share thing on the forum? Could be time limited - like maybe a couple of days. 

That would be great!

I could show my pre and post Invicorp pictures. 🤣

I love KFC's Phil. I always get the mighty bucket for one or the ten fillets when they're on offer. I'm a pig.

Very best of luck for your results mate. Let us know how you get. Hopefully we'll celebrate, if not we can always drown our sorrows.  

Edited by member 26 Feb 2024 at 13:40  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 26 Feb 2024 at 13:31

Always fancied a Peach Tree so we now have one in prime position in the middle of the lawn.

Life is pretty good at the minute, although I expect to start getting twitchy again over the next couple of weeks, as my next PSA test looms on March 19th.

Lovely mate, can you grow them in this country? I had a grape vine in my garden, not covered. It grew and produced green grapes but they were very very bitter.

Last Xmas I treated myself to a life size aluminium pig, I've named Prudence. She stands proudly in the middle of the back lawn.

https://www.britishironworkcentre.co.uk/shop/large-standing-cast-aluminium-pig-sculpture

I got mine for much less than that in their Xmas clearance sale. I know its still quite a big outlay but hopefully she'll be there for decades to come. She'll certainly outlive me.

Best of luck with your results mate.

Edited by member 26 Feb 2024 at 13:34  | Reason: Additional text.

User
Posted 26 Feb 2024 at 13:48

That's quality mate!

User
Posted 26 Feb 2024 at 13:56

Cheers buddy.

I love her.  The one good thing about this disease, is that instead of always putting others first, I've actually started to treat myself for a change.

User
Posted 26 Feb 2024 at 16:08

Cheers buddy.

I love her.  The one good thing about this disease, is that instead of always putting others first, I've actually started to treat myself for a change.

Good for you 👍

Phil

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 04:31

"Good grief! It's quiet in here tonight." 🙂 

Just me and, at the last count, 548,792 sheep.

Edited by member 27 Feb 2024 at 04:54  | Reason: Additional text

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 07:59

Monday nights are always quiet in the pub mate, you know that! I was just thinking about getting up for the day when you were in here 😬.

Lovely sunrise this morning, but then the weatherman tells me its going to rain again, just for a change..... Have a good day pal.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 08:09

I was just thinking about getting up for the day when you were in here 😬.

Wow that's an early start!

Fingers crossed for Phil's results/consultation today. 

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 09:30

Yes Mondays always quiet in the pub game. I worked in Pubs from age 8 as pot boy then behind the bar from 14 up to nearly 17 when i worked in the Pub part of the famous, now gone ‘Gold Mine Night Club’ on Canvey Island. Much better money than milk rounds/paper delivery which i tried as well. Used to get gardening jobs from the locals in the pub as well so was a good little earner. Bought all my own clothes as a kid from that money. Can you imagine me at 15 in my tonic suit, Ben Sherman, red socks and Loake Royals ‘Sharking’ down Southend seafront. 😂Thought i was the Dogs … 🤦. Great time though.😎. Although I don't think it helped much with the CSE revision as i messed all my exams up and had to resit Maths, English and Physics alongside my engineering course at college. Ooops.

Adrian, what did all the sheep do when you went home ? 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑. Did they have a good night ? Sounds like it if you were still there at 4am…… been to a few nightclubs like that 😜

Bit jittery this morning, appointment not till 4. Trying to prepare myself but my mind wont settle on one thing it keeps flitting about…. Gonna try some Kalms in a minute , they might help.

Cheers guys, take care and have a nice day. 

Phil

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 10:11

Bit jittery this morning, appointment not till 4.

I bet you are mate. I hate afternoon appointments. No matter what the news, I'd rather know in the morning than hanging about all day.

I remember tonics and Ben Shermans and Crombies. Or have I got that mixed up with Skinhead outfits? At that time, although a northerner, I supported Chelsea and I'm pretty sure I had a Chelsea badge on the breast pocket of my Crombie. Having said that, I've never really been a dedicated follower of fashion.

I was thinking Phil, please don't let this 'pub chat area' detract from your own journey thread. They're are so many of your pals on there who are following you. You're a very popular guy.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 10:31

Bit jittery this morning, appointment not till 4. Trying to prepare myself but my mind wont settle on one thing it keeps flitting about…. Gonna try some Kalms in a minute , they might help.

Good luck later Phil, I hope it goes well mate.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 10:54

I like this thread as we can chat about anything , doesn’t have to be PCa related. Sometimes I just need a ramble… It’s such a good idea. We still need a name for the Pub. 

I will, of course keep my old thread up to date …. Once I have my news from later.. 

My little brother and I were fostered when I was 13 and we moved to Southend and started going to the Friday evening games. Was always a full house. Now a Tottenham supporter for my sins. 

I think I would have been called a Mod or Casual as I didn’t have the shaved head but more of the later Paul Weller look. Smarter dress than pure skinhead although my girlfriend was a proper skinhead with shaved hair at the back.
Southend was great then , lots of greasers around but I never got involved in any aggro. I used to wear my red socks and Loakes to school and the head would check my socks everyday after assembly and send me home to change to black socks. So I always took spares so I didn’t have to go home … 

Thanks guys for your good wishes 👍 I’ll keep you posted . 

Phil

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 16:46

Can you imagine me at 15 in my tonic suit, Ben Sherman, red socks and Loake Royals ‘Sharking’ down Southend seafront. 😂

I think I probably met you! 😂

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Feb 2024 at 17:44

Lyn. If this was a real pub what would be your tipple? We do not do mugs of tea or coffee. 🙂

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 16:39

I think I probably met you! 😂

That is so funny Lyn 🤣. Could well have done … 

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 17:19

Lyn. If this was a real pub what would be your tipple? We do not do mugs of tea or coffee. 🙂

Well if you’d asked me a couple of weeks ago I’d have said some dark beer or stout. But I went out with my mates to a microbrewery and had a couple of pints of Black Bess Stout and promptly came over all weird. Said to my mates I don’t feel too good phone my wife and passed out on the table . I came round and they’d phoned an ambulance as well. But I decided to go home with the missus but I couldn’t walk so they carried me to her car. I had proper gone out as I’d pooed and wet myself. Was fine the next day 🤷‍♂️…. Wasn’t drunk at all
Very embarrassed to phone my mates the next day to apologise… but they were really nice. 

We've arranged a lunch next time with coffee … 🤣🤣 🤷‍♂️

So, dark beers are out, especially unknown ones in a little brewery… 

So I would probably have a scotch or Irish Whisky… 😁

I had 4 Glenmorange in the Hotel on Jersey last week and it was really nice… bloody expensive but nice… 

Cheers, bottoms up ,

Phil

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:00

Well if you’d asked me a couple of weeks ago I’d have said some dark beer or stout. But I went out with my mates to a microbrewery and had a couple of pints of Black Bess Stout and promptly came over all weird. Said to my mates I don’t feel too good phone my wife and passed out on the table . I came round and they’d phoned an ambulance as well. But I decided to go home with the missus but I couldn’t walk so they carried me to her car. I had proper gone out as I’d pooed and wet myself. Was fine the next day 🤷‍♂️…. Wasn’t drunk at all
Very embarrassed to phone my mates the next day to apologise… but they were really nice. 

We've arranged a lunch next time with coffee … 🤣🤣 🤷‍♂️

So, dark beers are out, especially unknown ones in a little brewery… 

So I would probably have a scotch or Irish Whisky… 😁

I had 4 Glenmorange in the Hotel on Jersey last week and it was really nice… bloody expensive but nice… 

Cheers, bottoms up ,

Phil

Hey Phil.

I wouldn't rule out a Mickey Finn..

We're off to Jersey for our anniversary in April, looking forward to it. (Not dodgy beer of course)

Kev.

Edited by member 28 Feb 2024 at 18:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:04

We're off to Jersey for our anniversary in April, looking forward to it.

Have a great time . If you’ve not been and need any tips on where to eat etc let me know. I think we’ve been everywhere by now 🤦‍♀️. One tip I’ll say is book early for eating out as everyone eats out over there and they get booked up early.

Phil

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:09

I wouldn't rule out a Mickey Finn..

Who would do that to an old git 🤣 There were only about 6 people in the whole place as well  …

Maybe the barman thought he’d have a laugh 😳.

Could have been dodgy beer though although I’d only had 1 1/2 pints…. 

Phil

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:10

Not been to Jersey before, flew over it a few times though. We've booked an airbnb in St Helier. 

That's a good tip about booking restaurants.

Cheers. 

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:15

Who would do that to an old git 🤣 There were only about 6 people in the whole place as well  …

Phil

As long as you were still wearing your trousers and underpants. 

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:22

Phil

As long as you were still wearing your trousers and underpants. 

🤣🤣

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:30

Well if you’d asked me a couple of weeks ago I’d have said some dark beer or stout.

Phil, as much as I love you mate. I was trying to chat up Lyn. 🤣🤣🤣

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 18:58

Lyn has frequently posted that she is teetotal.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 19:14

I might have a glass of coke - full fat version, not of that Zero stuff. After that, I would be persuading the bar staff to get the kettle out from under the counter. I always have a handful of teabags in my bag just in case of crisis. I wouldn't worry too much though as I will spend a lot of time outside; I hope we are going to have a decent smoking area at the Proctologist's Finger? 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 19:26

Just to change the subject, I really thought I had managed to avoid moobs during my six months on Bical. Clearly M&S think otherwise. I got the email from them today:

"Dear Chris,
We hope that you are keeping well.

It has been 6 months since we last saw you for your bra fit, did you know that it is recommended to have a bra fit every 6-12 months?

Breast sizes can change regularly throughout the year, and we would love to invite you back into store or via our online service (where you don’t even have to leave your home) to check that your bra is still right for you. We can also show you some of our amazing new collection.

Please click the link below and book your appointment now: "😡

That's the last time I'm doing the online order for the wife.

As for this virtual pub name, how about The Wonky Walnut?

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 19:51

“Lyn has frequently posted that she is teetotal”

That’s two of us then! Packed it in nearly 3 years ago having previously drunk for England! (Literally - I learned to drink in the army 🤦‍♂️). It’s Guinness 0 for me.

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 19:51

As for this virtual pub name, how about The Wonky Walnut?

Very clever Chris. It's that or proctologists finger?

What about going a bit up market with Adenocarcinoma Arms.

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 19:54

Lyn has frequently posted that she is teetotal.

No problems, I love a challenge. 😂

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 20:02

“Lyn has frequently posted that she is teetotal”

That’s two of us then! Packed it in nearly 3 years ago having previously drunk for England! (Literally - I learned to drink in the army 🤦‍♂️). It’s Guinness 0 for me.

Good lad Ian. I packed in for 6 years, not even wine in cooking, then thought to hell with it and started again. That Guinness zero is brill though.

Edited by member 01 Mar 2024 at 15:31  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 28 Feb 2024 at 20:19

Just to change the subject, I really thought I had managed to avoid moobs during my six months on Bical. Clearly M&S think otherwise. I got the email from them today:

"Dear Chris,
We hope that you are keeping well.

It has been 6 months since we last saw you for your bra fit, did you know that it is recommended to have a bra fit every 6-12 months?

Breast sizes can change regularly throughout the year, and we would love to invite you back into store or via our online service (where you don’t even have to leave your home) to check that your bra is still right for you. We can also show you some of our amazing new collection.

Please click the link below and book your appointment now: "😡

That's the last time I'm doing the online order for the wife.

🤣🤣🤣

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 11:48

I hope we are going to have a decent smoking area at the Proctologist's Finger? 

We will.

We could also do with some pub grub I'm starving.

Back to real life, Its a trip to Wetherspoons today. It's curry Thursday. I know how to treat a woman. 😄

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 17:52

Have a nice curry Adrian. 👍. 
I’ve sorted jacket and prawns for me and missus tonight but you’ve got me slavering for a good old curry with a glass of cobra . 

Phil

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 19:13

Sorry but I can’t step foot in a Weatherspoons as a matter of principal….can’t stand the man😡

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 19:42

We had steak tonight, small celebration.. 4 years ago today my Mrs proposed to me. 

Life's pretty good despite cancer. 

Cheers everyone!

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 21:41

Sorry but I can’t step foot in a Weatherspoons as a matter of principal….can’t stand the man😡

He got on my nerves during the Brexit debate. But two decent curries, 4 poppadoms. 2 Naan breads, pilau rice, onion bahjis and a couple of pints of Stella for £23. I can forgive his politically views.

Relax Derek, and have a Proctologist's Finger, ginger and rhubarb gin. 😁

Edited by member 29 Feb 2024 at 21:43  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 22:10

At this time of night it’s a nice Glenrothes malt for me😊
26 miles on the ebike today exploring the volcanos around Corralejo in Fuerteventura…a bit windy but lovely and sunny! I think I deserve a little treat😉

Thank God they don’t have a Weatherspoons over here🤣🤣🤣

User
Posted 29 Feb 2024 at 22:22

At this time of night it’s a nice Glenrothes malt for me😊

I'm having a neat whisky,  only a supermarket blended. Anything better than that would be wasted on a Wetherspoon's regular. 😁

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 17:21

Glenmorange for me if I want it smooth or Bushmills for a bit more bite… 

Phkk I’ll l

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 17:40

Ey up Phil. Good to see you.

A Jock mate always reminds me, it's whisky in Scotland and whiskey in Ireland. He very kindly bought me a bottle of Laphroaig the day before my prostate op. 

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 18:51

Ey up Phil. Good to see you.

A Jock mate always reminds me, it's whisky in Scotland and whiskey in Ireland. He very kindly bought me a bottle of Laphroaig the day before my prostate op. 

Laphroaig Very nice … 👌 

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 21:01
I'm having a medium sherry! Don't judge me....

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 21:32

Hi Guys

I saw this thread and decided to join in as it is a really good idea. When you realise on all the posts that there is so much knowledge and I guess angst as well I think it is really important that we can all chat and hopefully have a bit of a laugh as well. I worked in mental health for years and despite what people say about men not wanting to talk about their problems I never found that the case. For some it maybe true but I think it is not true of most men. Loads of them opened up to me about their problems... however the ones that didn't did not do so well!!

I know that sometimes I can be a bit aloof and keep things tight to myself... but its not always a good thing to do.  I really believe some find it more difficult to talk to women about their problems. I have never found that myself and probably the opposite. We are all different... thank goodness!!  My lovely wife is so supportive but sometimes I do find it hard to tell her what I really am feeling. 

The idea of a virtual pub/ cafe or whatever is good. We should keep this going and by the looks of it we will. Good luck to you all. We need it! Just going to pour a pint now. Imagine an emoji.

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 21:34

I'm having a medium sherry! Don't judge me....

A pint or a half? 🙂

Edited by member 01 Mar 2024 at 22:50  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 07:17

Highlight of my week again. Grandson's footy. They're playing away this week. Early kick off at 9am.

It looks chilly today. I think I'll take a flask of soup and hope there's a loo nearby. 🙂

"Come on you Lions!" ⚽️

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 07:58

Highlight of my week again. Grandson's footy. They're playing away this week. Early kick off at 9am.

It looks chilly today. I think I'll take a flask of soup and hope there's a loo nearby. 🙂

"Come on you Lions!" ⚽️

Have a great time , hope he wins 👍. 
Off for breakfast out with the missus then buying paint and other miscellaneous jobs…

Enjoy yourself.

Phil 

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 10:25
Steve and I are footy fans…season ticket holders, we haven’t made it to his first post surgery match yet (just over 7 weeks since op) hoping for next Saturday. We did a subscription to IFollow so we have been able to watch the matches on TV.

Apart from a few walks (he’s been doing a bit each day) we’ve been stuck at home, mostly due to the incontinence situation. But we also have a static caravan on the edge of south Lake District and they shutdown for six weeks but reopened for the season yesterday so we came up last night for a couple of nights, so our first post surgery trip but it’s really our second home….its good to be back…even though we were armed with plastic sheets and a drawer full of Tena’s!

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 10:56

Apart from a few walks (he’s been doing a bit each day) we’ve been stuck at home, mostly due to the incontinence situation.

Hi Debbie. I was wondering how you and Steve were getting on. It's nice that you've managed to have a change of scenery.

Grandson's team won 2-0. He plays in goal so it's cost me another fiver for keeping a clean sheet. 🙂

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 16:52
Grandson's team won 2-0. He plays in goal so it's cost me another fiver for keeping a clean sheet. 🙂

Brilliant!….and if he doesn’t become a footballer…he could work in finance!!

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 21:55

Adrian, It was only a wineglass full, but I have been judged, I've had D & V all day today and my other half is claiming this as another victory in her war against me drinking. (She is weird, she doesn't like the taste!!)