I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Advanced prostat cancer part 2

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 13:10

Is there any news of Trevor? Not seen a post for a couple of days but it's also got stuck on the turnover. I will try and get it to next page.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 13:14

I've been wondering too Paul.

Keep telling myself, no news is good news

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 21:36
I've not heard anything for a few days, I think radio silence is to be expected but am hoping that it's for good reasons and not bad.

Devonmaid

User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 22:50
Hi Guys,

So sorry for the delay but by the time I get back from the hospital it's full steam ahead feeding dogs and children I just collapse with exhaustion .

So he is still critical but stable and looks much better than a few days ago dare i say I have a very small sprinkle of hope , he is much less confused and is able to sit in a chair he is still not able to stand unaided but is eating and feeding himself.

He was apparently fighting 2 infections a lung infection and also the one from the necrosis of the jaw so no wonder the Sepsis.

The confusion is improving but as reality is hitting he has been a bit tearful he hasn't really been aware of anything that has happened in the last week to ten days.

He did relay to me today how he was confused about how to get home and how everything looked different so he had to fly a drone and get an Ariel view of our property so he could just get home and be safe.

He has had 2 blood transfusions and a whole gamut of drugs that are ongoing , his bloods are still all very unstable and electrolytes are all over the place. The catheter is still in place and numerous drips are ongoing.

Ct and bone scan were done yesterday , stomach and bowel are clear of cancer and his liver and lungs all ok but much more progression in the bones so it looks like the Raduim wasn't successful .

I am totally in awe that he is still here and still fighting and when he refused the walking frame and said if I have to drag myself on my belly then that's what I have to do I am not having a frame that's when I knew he has got a chance to come out of this.

He is just such a fighter , no wonder all,of his hallucinating was about fighting wether it was about pirates or Beirut he was fighting for his life.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 30 Jun 2017 at 22:59

Such a lovely message, Julie, when you must be absolutely exhausted. So pleased that there is progress, however limited, it may seem. Let's hope bit by bit it continues and he can get the infections out of his system. Look after yourself too, I know it is easy to say and harder to do but you must make sure you are there for yourself, your kids and of course Trevor.

Good to hear from you I had begun to think the worse and that is misplaced. Thinking of you all.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2017 at 00:32

Well that's a relief. Has his swollen tummy gone down a bit?

Has T ever talked about what he would want to happen when the time comes? It looks like you may have a chance of enough respite to maybe get him home if that is what you want but probably need to hound the relevant people now so that everything is in place if the opportunity arises to have him moved. Is there a home care team or social worker at the hospital? Who can liaise with the Marie Curie nurses, district nursing team etc? How much notice would they need to deliver a proper bed and any other equipment?

How are the boys?

Edited by member 01 Jul 2017 at 01:03  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Jul 2017 at 08:24

Dear Julie,
Lyn and Paul have said it all for me really.

I'm just so pleased that there is a glimmer of light, no matter how tiny.

Still thinking of you all.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Jul 2017 at 23:16
Wow , wow , wow and treble WoW we are not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination they are still saying critical but stable . BUT my Man has asked for the catheter to be removed yesterday and they did it . He is now able to piddle unaided ( ok in a bottle ) small steps and all that , he is all firing in the Brain department the Pirates and the situation in Beirut are now resolved.

Yes Lyn tummy , bowel , liver were all ok on the scans the bones are worse but the problems we have at the the moment are due to infections on his jaw and lungs. These have all caused the Sepsis.

His swollen tummy has been relieved by good old fashioned laxatives 😄

He is eating and sitting in a chair when last week he was totally bed bound and unable to move, as a family we have been dragged through a hedge backwards it is never easy even when we accept and understand our situation from the start.

I can't even put into words how grateful I am for all the help and support from you guys, it is just humbling.

Not sure where Trevor gets his strength from but WOW he is turning corner.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 02 Jul 2017 at 23:22

Shamazing 😃😃😃 really, really happy to read this xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Jul 2017 at 23:29

I am so pleased to read this latest report. You were so supportive to me when my husband was first diagnosed a few months ago. I would like to send my best wishes and hope the progress continues.

User
Posted 02 Jul 2017 at 23:50
Just wanted to add I have had some amazing support from people that I never expected it from you guys on here on here have astounded me and humbled me, you all know who you are.

Also even though these people don't come on the forum they have no need to but just for the record Mrs B who took over the care of my puppies for the last Two weeks a mahoosive thank you.

And Mrs D what a star she has driven like a bat out of hell to take on my two pregnant dogs and taken them down to Essex and will keep them there until I can bring them back .

Sometimes help comes from unexpected places .

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 02 Jul 2017 at 23:56

So glad to hear this news and that you are getting such support. I don't know where you get your strength from let alone Trevor!

Very best wishes

Rosy x

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 05:56

im so so happy that Trevor has made some good progress !!
Been checking in on here like a stalker the last few days for any update l!! Lol

Viv
X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 06:35

Fantastic. Keep on trucking Trev!

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 07:44

Great news Julie!

Arthur

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 08:18

Great news Julie xxxx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 10:10

Simply, unadulterated, good news. Go Trevor.

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 11:49

Brilliant news....

Bri xx

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 13:59
I haven't been on a for a few days but boy oh boy, what fantastic news. I realise it has been a heck of a time for you and the boys and the puppies Julie, but you've got through it and turned a corner. Wow, wow, wow. Trevor and his turmeric are legends.

Love and hugs

Devonmaid xxxx

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 14:09
J

Great news, keep going gal.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 15:08
Fantastic news!!... keep going Trevor

Debbie x

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 15:19

Julie,

We're back from 'The Mill Weekend' now, and couldn't have wished to read better news than this today.

WOW!  WAY TO GO TREVOR!!

We're so happy for you both, Julie.

George & Lynn

xxxx

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 18:59
Happy to read he news.

Thanks for the updating. It's nice when we learn that someone on here is getting better.

All the best for you both

Lola

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 19:59
Wonderful news. What a family and what brilliant friends.
User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 21:30
So very happy for you, your lovely family and wonderful husband
User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 23:08

Fantastic news Julie so happy for you and your family. Trevor really is a fighter.

Take care

Molly xx

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 23:55

I haven't been on here for some time, but what a page of welcome, Julie, Trevor never ceases to amaze me, whatever is chucked at him, he seems to bounce (slowly) back. Keep up the fighting spirit, it's obviously not time for him to go yet, he has a lot more fight in him to go yet!
Prayers, as always.

God Bless
Chris.

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 11:44
Latest update and the wheels are in motion for Trevor to come home 🤗.

He is continuing to gain strength albeit very slowly yesterday was the first day without drips they still haven't added Abbi back yet but are planning to in the next week .

It has been a very scary 3 weeks most of which Trevor isn't aware of he has hardly any memory of the first two weeks . He does have one memory that he does remember and that is trying to fly a drone over our house because he couldn't find his way in.

That memory to me says how determined he was to come home even if he had to fly a drone to do it.

Scan result on his tummy and bowel Lyn were negative for spread ,

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 12:21

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
the wheels are in motion for Trevor to come home

Good God! In-f'ing-credible. What's he made of?

He's just like Leonard Cohen when he made his last album. Everyone got worried he was on the edge of death. Cohen's response:

"I said I was ready to die recently. I think I was exaggerating. I’ve always been into self-dramatization. I intend to live forever.”

He was wrong. I think Trevor could be right.

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 15:26

Fab news !!
😀

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 15:37
Hi Julie,

That's really great news. What a fighter you've got there. I'm sure your love and support makes all the difference.

Steve

Edited by member 07 Jul 2017 at 15:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 16:19

Been thinking of you all loads. So hope Trevor gets home 👍👍
xx

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 16:36
What a turn-around, brilliant news Julie.

Arthur

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 16:50
That is such a great post to read Julie, I hope Trevor gets stronger by the day. If ever there was an example about it not being over until the large lady to sing he is it. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 18:29

Julie, simply wonderful news. I've just got home after four days in hospital with what I feared was neutropenic sepsis. Turned out it was nothing to do with chemo. Same symptoms, just an insect bite where the damned insect had been feasting on something disgusting before it bit me. I can tell you it was very scary, but once the bacterium had been identified, some pretty powerful anti-biotics, which I have to take for another five days dealt with the problem. The trick seems to be to get to A&E PDQ, whatever the source of suspected sepsis because it is a killer and spreads through the body faster than you would believe possible. I am a very relieved man and know just how you two must be feeling. Again, I rejoice at your good fortune (in the end)!!!

AC

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 19:15
Wow, wow and thrice wow. Trevor is such an enigma but he's got the most amazing fighting spirit and isn't giving up yet. Knowing Trevor, I can see him astride that ride on mower in the near future.

This is the best news ever.

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxxxxx

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 19:45
So pleased to read your good news. I have been worrying about how things were going after your previous posts.

Very best wishes to you all.

Kevan

User
Posted 07 Jul 2017 at 20:00
Fantastic news Julie, I am so pleased for you both.

All the best

Roy

User
Posted 08 Jul 2017 at 14:38

Wow that's some roller coaster you are on! So glad to hear that you are on the up again x

User
Posted 10 Jul 2017 at 20:26

Still awesome, still standing. Legends the pair of you.

Loads of love

Eleanor/Ruth

xxx

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 00:03
Just a quickie Guys to say he is home and tucked up in bed!

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 06:17
Very good news to read first thing in the morning. Enjoy having Trevor back home.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 07:25

Wishing you both well
Debby x

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 07:27

Wow Julie that's great news. Do hope you both have all the support you both need. Take care.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 07:58
Wonderful news, Julie.

Steve x

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 10:57

Great to get him home Julie. The rollercoaster rolls on. Make sure you give yourself some time you've been through the wringer.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 16:39
Best place to be, well done the pair of you, I'm in awe
User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 20:23

Great to hear, you must be so pleased

Viv
X

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 20:49

Thinking of you both, glad Trevor is home. Sending love,

Fiona. x

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 21:11
Julie

Great to hear your news, look after yourself as well.

Thanks Chris