I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My 3 men contd

User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 16:49

PCUK has a closed Facebook group for PCUK volunteers but also another open group.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2016 at 17:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 15:38

Scores are in - 0.08 <<phew>> It must have been all the red wine he drank in Rome becasue he hasn't had a lot of turmeric recently!

On the basis that the PSA is steady, John would prefer not to have a choline PET scan yet but we will discuss with the onco anyway.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 15:40

Glad the scores are low Lyn. Phew indeed.

Always a little nerve racking till they come back

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 15:51

Encouraging news Lyn.....

* pours a glass of Italian red * http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Luther

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 16:39
Good result Lyn, I think it might also have had something to do with red wine, rugby and your company (or isn't that supposed to raise PSA?)

Anyway that matters not, the result is good under any circumstances.

Looking forward to seeing you in June I hope?

very best wishes

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 16:42
Nice news Lyn.

Really pleased for you both

John

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 16:46

YYYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSSSS
Excellent news indeed . Keep up the red wine .
You're the doc but I wouldn't go having the PET at 0.08. Firstly its another bombarding with small CT , and then its being injected with a radioactive isotope -- all of which probably negate 3 yrs worth of Turmeric :-))
Celebrate xx
Chris

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 17:08

He's a keeper! Great news!

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 17:17

Great news Lynne, always great to have good news and thank you for sharing it as it does so lift ones hopes.

Paul

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 18:17
L&J

Good news on the small drop,hope it continues in that direction.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 21:43
Oh Lyn

Really pleased to see this post, good old red wine, rugby and Roman holidays, yay.

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxxx

User
Posted 19 Feb 2016 at 22:26
Great news Lyn, so pleased that something is going well for you although I am putting my hope in lager like Si rather than red wine!

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 09:19
Wot no turmeric 😳, seriously so happy for you Lyn long may those results continue.

BFN

JulieX

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 11:51

Pleased to hear this result Lyn

User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 13:39
Lovely news lyn, perhaps we should all be getting over to Rome for some of that Italian red wine!

Lesley x

User
Posted 20 Feb 2016 at 17:36
Did anyone mention red wine????????
User
Posted 21 Feb 2016 at 23:44

Good news indeed .......... I'll keep drinking the red stuff!

dl

User
Posted 22 Feb 2016 at 21:29

That's a very good result - can understand why you are deferring the Choline scan.

Barry
User
Posted 23 Feb 2016 at 06:52

Just seen this. Damn you sensitive test....
Glad to hear no rise and that it seems to be settling down

Bri xx

User
Posted 23 Feb 2016 at 08:29
What great news

So so pleased for you and John

Si xx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 23 Feb 2016 at 08:57
Hi,

Really good news for you both. Long may it continue.

Steve x

User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 22:26

Dad mentioned today that his latest PSA had risen but only a tiny amount to 0.36. It seems drinking €1 glasses of prosecco and sequence dancing in Tenerife is also good for the prostate :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 22:43

Hi Lyn,

It is great to hear good news, and he is getting lots of sunshine, shame we can't get a week in Tenerife on the NHS?

:)

Dave

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 10:37
Lyn

I laughed when I read this, me being Mrs Prosecco ... maybe your Dad is just enjoying his life so much now being a Sequence dancing, prosecco swilling great Grandad in the sunshine.

Brought a smile to my face.

all my best wishes

xx

Mo

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 11:27

Had a smile myself. I finished work today and was feeling a tad maudlin so me and my OH got into the proscecco.. Good stuff.

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 17:50

I like your Dad's idea of treatment for PCa !! Might end up on the Daily Mail health pages !

Fiona. xx

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 18:42

Brought a smile to my face, sounds better than Fosters and kebabs.

Si xx

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 21:04
I blinking love that your dad has this attitude. Now I know where you get yours and that's great. I like that a sparkly wine and dancing is a good antidote to Pca (and the sunshine I suspect).

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 21:19
Oh lyn this made me smile, especially as my dad the previous eve was under the impression that my husband was all ok no side effects following rp surgery 3 months ago. Felt like responding as you suggested earlier conitinence & ed but didn't feel appropriate as dad - haven't got a clue and to be honest feel not interested. Your dad sounds lovely. Jx
User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 22:44

My dad is an absolute star, he has had so much tragedy and just picks himself up and gets on with it. Yes, he has shaped me although I don't have his gentler touch. He is also extremely clever so I would have to be on my wits to persuade him to do something he wasn't keen on.

I am blessed that my three men are or were all exceptional people. How harsh then that prostate cancer has shadowed each of their lives and what hope for my son in the future if we don't find better tests and treatments soon.

Edited by member 31 Mar 2016 at 22:45  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 00:01
Lovely post Lyn,

I can just picture your dad twirling,sipping and sunbathing. I also can see where you got those dancing feet from and the brains. To say you didn't inherit his gentler touch I don't think is quite right you might tell it like it is on occasion but sometimes that old dad gene takes over and you are a melt in the middle chocolate pot🙃

Us mums eh worry worry worry let's hope that when our boys are old enough to need it there will be reliable and accurate tests.

BFN

JulieX

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 01:38

Me .... with a melting middle????

Wash your mouth out, Julie <:-#

User
Posted 01 Apr 2016 at 05:37

Lynn
A star post as always where would we be without your guiding light

Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 17:32

So another score is in and just to prove everything we keep chanting about how meaningless tiny rises are in ultrasensitive tests, John's latest result is 0.07 (following a rise to 0.09 and then back to 0.08). He has decided not to see onco next week and has postponed the appointment - a rethink in 3 months if necessary but starting to think it is just going to bumble along around the 0.05 - 0.1 mark without causing any problems.

Edited by member 19 May 2016 at 17:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 17:35

Fan--Bl***dy-- Tastic.
You both deserve it. A drink and a dance maybe. Made my day x

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 17:53
L

Really pleased it is good news for you both, hope it continues.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 17:56

Great news Lyn!

Just goes to show how all of us who get jittery over a a few points rise from time to time need to hold our nerve... 

I really feel that these 'super sensitive' tests don't help at all in many cases..

Luther

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 18:41
Very pleased to hear this good news.

Wishing you both all the best.

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 19:15

yep really good to read the news

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 19:20
Excellent news, long may it continue

Arthur

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 19:29
Great news for you both.

John

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 20:00

Really nice to hear good news for both of you . all the best Andy

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 20:11
Great News, both of you.

Enjoy.

Steve

User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 20:46

Good result Lyn, very pleased for you both

Barry
User
Posted 19 May 2016 at 23:10
Fabulous news Lyn

made me smile for sure

xx

Mo

User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 09:11

Yay, it's a good month! Very pleased for you.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 18:46
Great news lyn it's great to pop in and see good news

Si xx

User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 20:38
I'm so thrilled to see this Lyn, yay, yay over the moon xxxx
User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 21:41

Fantastic news...bet you are both so relieved

Bri xx

User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 22:04
Wow wow wow SHAMAZING Mrs Danceathom, fantastic news so happy for you guys. have a party on me .😀

BFN

Julie X