Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Is this normal?

User
Posted 04 Jun 2014 at 21:26

Hi

I've noticed a few changes in the past few years that I wanted to run past other people.  I will say now that my doctor isn't concerned by any of this by the way.

Two things have happened:

1) When my bladder gets full I now get the urge to break wind which didn't used to happen.

2) If I masturbate without climax I experience a weak urine stream (up to 24 hours afterwards) and occasionally deep seated pelvic pain - blue balls really - but again, this didn't used to happen. 

3) After long masturbation sessions - it hurst after I ejaculate and when I urinate.

4) I rarely get morning erections any more.

My doctor thinks that I'm experiencing swelling of the musculature around my penis and bladder.

I'm worries that these may be the early symptoms of a prostate problem.

I'd appreciate any advice or comments.  Please note that I have sought medical advice already.

User
Posted 04 Jun 2014 at 22:49
We'll your symptoms don't scream out 'prostate cancer' and there are probably a number of explanations for the different things you describe. However, pain on ejaculation, a decrease in ejaculate and erectile dysfunction are all possible signs.

You say you have had medical advice - what was your PSA?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 04 Jun 2014 at 23:41
My GP felt that such a test was not necessary,

I trust him implicitly - he's a Harley St GP with a national reputation in men's health.

I just find what I am experiencing to be slightly odd and wondered if makes my own age experience similar.

I'm 47 this month

Thanks

User
Posted 05 Jun 2014 at 00:45
Not sure you trust him as much as you say, as you have come here to seek other views???

This is just my opinion, but another conversation with your Harley Street GP might be in order - a PSA test now will put your mind at rest and provide a baseline for the future. In addition, we have a handful of members here diagnosed in their 40s but already with advanced spread and a terminal diagnosis. Our youngest member was 41 at diagnosis. Harley Street or not, your GP is just that - a general practitioner and not a urologist.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Jun 2014 at 06:45
Agree with Lyn. Unfortunately some GP's profess to be well versed in all things Prostate, but it has been proven, to the detriment of many men, that they are not always right. Ask for a PSA test, if he refuses go elsewhere. Better safe than sorry

Bri

User
Posted 05 Jun 2014 at 13:24

I'd certainly advise a psa test. Will give you a baseline figure which may be useful one day anyway. I'm surprised your GP hasn't arranged a psa test.

Discoloured semen ( usually brown traces ) is another warning sign. 

Quite a few men report pain on ejaculation as an early symptom of prostate problems.