Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Starting Over

User
Posted 24 Sep 2014 at 23:11
Hello Mo

sorry to read about your recent problems it dosent get any easier no matter how strong people assume we are my heart goes out to you.It is a very lonely time hopefully with all your friends around you It will make this trip easier for you and Mick will always be with you in your heart no matter where you are.

Have a good holiday

Best Wishes

Carol

User
Posted 02 Oct 2014 at 22:21
After just over 10 days at our holiday Condo in Lake Buena Vista I started to feel really lonely and too far away from friends and family. Thankfully two girlfriends of mine came to stay last weekend, Leda is Stephanie's Mum, Mick and I cruised with them regularly and we see them often. They visited Mick in Hospice the week before he passed away. They are great friends and did a fantastic job of cheering me up and getting me through another weekend.

Monday morning I flew up to Atlanta Georgia having changed my plans by bringing everything forward a little, I was greeted at the airport by Joy and her youngest daughter Ellie, back nto the arms of "family" strictly not true but after 12 years of close friendship and being in the O'Fee family I consider them to be my family as well

We had a wonderful weather forecast for Wednesday 1st October and as everyone could be here we decided to scatter Mick's ashes today. Karen and all our family and friends at home knew the time would be about 7pm Uk time so that they could join in virtually.

We had a short delay for Robert to deal with an errant snake which had strayed into the pasture from the woods but we had a short ceremony of scattering his ashes under the big oak tree, toasting Mick with a glass of champagne (scotch for Robert and OJ for Ellie) we all gave him some of our drink and Robert read a poem he had written about his friend. It was witty, funny and very moving.

So now I can truly say Mick's journey has come to an end

RIP wonderful man Michael John Orr

who passed on June 2nd 2014

XXX

Mo

User
Posted 02 Oct 2014 at 23:20

Lovely Mo....hope you are ok

Bri x

User
Posted 02 Oct 2014 at 23:30

Sounds such a lovely if poignant occasion. It must be hard at times becasue you are in places you have shared with Mick. But you have been there with Mick in spirit, he knew you would do this and so his wishes have been respected. Stay with people and you will be fine. Thinking of you, Mandy!

User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 08:36

Thinking of you, Mo. Glad you were able to give Mick's ashes a home and the snake was duly re-directed !

Love, Fiona.

User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 09:44

Mo,

I just wanted to send my love at this difficult time.

I'm fairly new to this community but since I joined I've always felt close to you because at 8.30am, 2nd June I was having my biopsy which revealed I had PCa.  An awful time in my life, but for you, even worst.  I'm really sorry that Michael lost his battle against this dreadful disease. He was very lucky to have you with him to share his life.  There's nothing I can say that can take away the pain, I just wanted to know how I feel.

Thinking of you.

Love,

Steve  

User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 11:01

A lovely, touching post. Have a safe journey home.

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 12:04

Dear Mo,

What a wonderful, very moving story.

It looks like everything went perfectly, and Mick will be so proud of you.

Yes, you're starting over, and I have no doubt you'll do it in you own indomitable style.

We're now looking forward to have you safely home, and seeing you amongst us all on Dec 3rd in London.

You may be crushed by all the hugs given that day.

And Steve? You'll get to meet this very special lady in person!

Warmest wishes,
Always,

George

User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 13:03

George,

Looking forward to it.

Steve

User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 14:32

Mo

What a touching story - you can feel the love you obviously had for each other.  It's not fair that this awful disease has taken a good man from you but you will always be welcome in this club that nobody wanted to join http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif. That you still have time to think about the rest of us is amazing. Look forward to seeing you in December http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 04 Oct 2014 at 16:08
Mandy

There is a beauty to your writing, despite the subject, that lifts it out of sadness and makes it vibrant and full of life. I think Mick would appreciate it.

What can I add? Simply that Mick would have been proud as heck of you. Hope to see you again soon my friend.

Lots of love

Allison and John xxxx

User
Posted 04 Oct 2014 at 17:51

Such a difficult task, which you have coped with admirably. Have a safe journey home Mo - it is good to see long-distance family and friends but there is nothing like being back in your own space with Mick's presence all around you and a good hug from Karen x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Oct 2014 at 21:59

Mandy Mo,

So the main reason for your trip is complete and Mick is in one of his very favourite places, the pics were brilliant and as usual you have managed another mile stone in your own unique way. Mick must be so very proud of you.

Can't wait for a chat, hurry up home.

Lots of love SS

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Oct 2014 at 09:42
time to write my closing chapter for this conversation.

The rest of my trip to USA went entirely as planned once we had scattered Mick's ashes at Ponderosa, a new kind of serenity seemed to have entered my life and for the first time in over 4 months I actually felt at peace with myself. I left Georgia on what would have been Mick's 66th birthday and went down to Las Vegas for our friends Gary and Christine's wedding. That first evening we all had dinner together and had a little toast to Mick. Next day was wedding day and although it was a small quiet wedding in the chapel at Bellagio Hotel (the one with the awesome fountains out front) it was majestic none the less. Christine looked beautiful and at the end of the ceremony she came to show me her bouquet it was red roses, and white lillies bound in a tight silk sheath with pearl buttons, attached to it was a small siver heart and engraved on that were the words "Mick in our hearts forever" we both had a big hug and a little cry. The wedding meal was at a very beautiful restaurant and Gary made a toast to Mick and absent friends for once I did not cry as this just seemed the right and absolutley most respectful thing,

Later that evening I played at the Backjack table ( never done this before but had been taught how two weeks before by Steph and Leda) I was amazingly nervous but I soon got into the swing of it and one hour later I emerged $50 up on the start. That was it for me in terms of gambling I have the odd flutter on the lottery but know that the gambling lifestyle is definitely not for me!

Back to Florida for 3 days and then home to Blighty arriving at Manchester airport over an hour early due to strong tail winds, actually the approach and landing in the storm that was raging around the country on Tuesday morning was scary and that is from me a pilot and ex gliding instructor! The Captain applauded his first officer for handling it so well, Looking around me there were a lot of white knuckled passengers hanging on the the edge of their seats in stony silence. Once we were down and taxying I said quite loudly " and now breathe" that raised a laugh and we all gave the first officer a round of applause.

Si Superman had battled through overturned lorries, fallen trees and terrible traffic jams to rescue me and take me home to Lincoln. God bless you Si that meant so much to me.

So now I am up in Chester Le Street visiting my Brother and his family and getting ready for my Sisters 50th wedding anniversary party. Looking forward to hearing my nephew playing jazz piano and sharing more happy memories with them all.

I am waiting anxiously for news of Karen's job interview and looking forward to seeing her on Monday for a few days of girlie shopping and hopefully celebrations.

Life really does start over for me here and now although Mick will always be with me in everything I do, I have sent off for tribute rings for me and Karen having seen Janet D's at MOS in June so they will ensure that Mick is right there with us forevermore.

xxx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 24 Oct 2014 at 11:11

WELCOME HOME MANDYhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

And what a wonderful post about such an important journey for you.

It really is a fine closing chapter.

I hope your time now in 'God's County' (Durham)http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif will be the perfect ending to your long trip away from home.

Big Hugs from us living up the road from there,

George, Lynn & Katrina.

x

User
Posted 24 Oct 2014 at 20:03

Good to read, Mandy, and I am sure the rings will be a huge comfort for you and Karen, just as mine is for me, take care, Janet

User
Posted 24 Oct 2014 at 23:02

Good luck, Mo, as you get on with your life. Your posts are always so full of warmth and love.

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 28 Feb 2015 at 22:34
Well it has been over 4 months since I last posted on here, I did say that I probably would not post on this conversation any more so why the change of heart?

I guess the answer is that much has changed in that time with several significant dates passing by without any major emotional traumas. They do not go buy unnoticed but are just quietly acknowledged with no big fuss. That and having time on a home alone saturday to reflect.

I am lucky as I have met some amazing people through this forum, friends who call me regularly who send me messages and heaven forbid even share things with me on Facebook, which I use in a very limited capacity! I have those who I see at Newark and other get togethers like MOTS and the Flyer. There are Ladies that lunch and some of us who go out for a night on the town in London. There are a few very special friends that I speak to most days and they are the ones that have helped me, guided me and in some ways encourageed me to take new things firmly in my grasp. You all know who you are and I want to say thank you to you all, every time I do one of these personal posts they are for you, because of you. I try to wait for you all to have no issues or news but it rarely happens so here goes.

I have done a few college courses, started working at our local Hospice, I go to the gym almost every day and really enjoy seeing myself getting fitter and stronger physically. I have rediscovered my love of writing and if I wake up to a bright sunny day I rush to get dressed and outdoors so that I can make the most of it.

I still get a lot of comfort from trying to give a little support when it is needed or asked for here on the forum, after all without this I would not have survived the last 21 months or more.

I have also had some interesting challenges on the DIY front (I use this term apprehensively on this forum for obvious reasons) I have fixed a faulty door latch and lock on my house bathroom door, painstakingly soaked and scraped wood chip wallpaper from my kitchen walls, redecorated several rooms, taken down some horrid strip lights from my now wood chip paper free kitchen and put new lights up (well my neighbour who is a retired electrician insisted on taking over here in case I electrocuted myself) and I have disguised some awful bathroom tiles and made them look less like they belonged in Hyacinth Bouquet's bathroom.

The latest challenge was to cure a dripping tap, this was a little tougher than I first thought as it seems those washers that I recall from student digs days have gone, however armed with an assortment of adjustable spanners and other sundry tools, accompanied by a you tube video showing me step by step what to do I plunged in (metaphorically speaking as it was only a small sink not a hot tub or anything)

I did have some anxious moments when I had the mains water off and everything in pieces all over the floor. Would I actually remember what came from where and would it all work when I had finished? Were the spare bits I had the right ones etc etc.

It took me a while and the utterance of quite a few words I had forgotten I knew but much to my relief it worked I DID IT ! I celebrated by going back to an old habit and ritual, I left the en suite door open when I went to bed that night for the first time in weeks, no Chinese water torture and what joy I could get up in the night without turning on all the lights take a measured 3 paces through the open door turn 90 degrees right and sit (I don't even have to remember to put the seat down every time either) to go into what happened after this would be TMI.

So I am full of it, Bravado that is, I really do not like the gas fire and surround in my lounge and never have " She cannot be serious" I hear you say and "Call the midwife" (oops wrong programme) "Call Dom or anyone else who can stop Mo" so I am pre- empting your cautions and I promise I will get a proper gas man in when I get to the part of taking the old fire out and putting the new one in... I Promise

So thanks to all my friends here on the forum I am sure I would never have dreamt of trying some of these things if it had not been for you all.

Who's strap line is Onward and Upwards? hope they do not mind me borrowing it just for this one post

Onward and Upwards

xxx

Mo

Edited by member 01 Mar 2015 at 09:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Feb 2015 at 23:22

Mo,

I so admire the way you have handled everything.  It's been such a difficult time for you and you are a shining example that life does go on even after the worst happens.

You have been so supportive to so many here, I am so grateful for all the help and kindness you have shown me.

Thank you, Mo.

Steve x

User
Posted 01 Mar 2015 at 00:59

Good for you Mo.

You have done so much along the way for another. And you continue to help and support others.

Good for you and long may your progress continue.

atb

dave

User
Posted 01 Mar 2015 at 14:02

Well done Mo.

I can do a bit of DIY, I have practically always re-wired the plugs in this house and I always do the decorating.
It's housework I hate !!

Glad it's all falling into place for you.
My sister is in a similar situation to you, her husband having passed away in July.
She was never into anything physical that needed doing and has surprised herself with how much she just has to get on with and do, from painting fences to using a screwdriver.
She even has a little sewing machine now and has started practising on that.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 01 Mar 2015 at 14:40

You are an inspiration, Mo. Respect!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 01 Mar 2015 at 18:23
Thanks Dave, Steve, Sandra and Paul

Since posting this last night a tiny bit of that newfound bravado abandoned me, I hope just until I get my emotions under control. I got road raged on the way back from the gym today. It was a bit scary, very ugly and left me feeling unbelievably angry. One of those situations where you wish you had been able to think of something right there and then to come back at them with. It all happened very quickly and I guess at the end of the day I am still here relatively unscathed no damage to me or my car.

I just wish some of these horrible people could see the harm they can cause. There was no number plate on the rear of the car and I never had a chance to see the front one or I would have reported it. No sensible person would drive any car they own the way this moron did, so it was probably a stolen vehicle. The language from 2 20+ year olds one male and the passenger a female was very intimidating .If I had done something wrong I would have held my hand up and apologised.

Oh well life is full of little trials isn't it?

xx

Mo

Edited by member 01 Mar 2015 at 18:29  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Mar 2015 at 23:22

Unfortunately, there are a few morons around who care nothing for the law, manners, or any form of pleasant social interaction. It was your misfortune to come across them today, They won't be giving you a 2nd thought now, so forget about them and continue doing the good you are.

Just think of the smiles you put on so many faces with your support on this forum and and in your other guises.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 01 Mar 2015 at 23:23

OH SS, I was just about to reply to your earlier post when I saw your latest post. You are one very strong and lovely lady it doesn't matter whether you are fixing taps , landscape gardening D.I Y ing or just being you, you are  what can I say if Si is superman then you must be wonder woman although to me you will always be my SS.

some times in life we come across complete Ars@@les and sometimes this happens when we are feeling low and vulnerable at these times it affects us deeper and we take it more to heart but one day these very people will experience pain and loss and when they do as we all will at some point in our lives, the old saying and I am not religious DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD DO TO YOURSELF is something that I live by .

I will ring you tomorrow , stay strong they are just youngsters with no care for others .

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 02 Mar 2015 at 06:06
Hi Mo,

Really sorry this happened to you. I used to be on the road a lot (on average about 60,000 miles a year) and unfortunately, this does happen once in a while.

I always try and stick to the speed limit particularly in urban areas and have often been abused because of that. I've seen some awful driving over the years.

It's difficult not to think why is it that horrible people seem to get away with behaviour like that while the nice people, who've never done anything wrong, end up facing what we, on this site, have to face in our lives. Life can be so unfair at times. The worst things seem to happen to the people who least deserve it.

All you can do is to try and put it out of your mind as soon as possible. Why should people like that ruin your day. I try and think of something that makes me happy. Can be difficult at times though.

Take care.

Steve

User
Posted 02 Mar 2015 at 09:25

What a lovely long post, then that horrible one, we feel for you Mandy, road rage is something we could ALL do without but when you are on your own then you are vulnerable, take care keep calm and carry on! [even without the registration number the police could still act with vehicle make, model, colour, where seen and exact time so they could then follow it on CCTV]

Well done for you DIY skills, and, yes, Julie is right, Wonder Woman!

Hugs and best wishes from Chris and Shirley. xx

User
Posted 02 Mar 2015 at 11:18
Chris, thank you for that

My SS Julie phoned me this morning so we were able to put the world to rights a bit.

The feeling of outrageous intimidation is probably just that I am feeling a bit vulnerable, any other time I would have given them the bird and not worried about it. Hugs to you and Shirley.

Steve come on my friend it is a treacherous road you travel on and you are having a really tough time but things will get better for you they just HAVE to. They have for me as I am sure they will for you.Just believe in all you hold dear and every day have at least one thought that makes you smile.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 02 Mar 2015 at 16:42
Si Si superman also phoned me, he sounds so much better than he has in the last month so that all by itself is one huge relief.

The reassuring calls and messages got me thinking that those stupid kids have no idea what life is all about so I will try not to let them invade my thoughts any more, as Paul said they would not have given me a single thought other than maybe to laugh telling their equally moronic friends what a crack it was for them.

Now for my next little project do I really tackle the fireplace next or just put up with it a bit longer or do I go for the really big one? ...Putting a nice big bathtub back in my main bathroom or just stick with it all as is for a while Mmmmm watch this space in about another 4 months time !!

xx

Mo

Edited by member 02 Mar 2015 at 16:44  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Mar 2015 at 16:50

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gifhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gifhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 02 Mar 2015 at 19:40

If anything like this happens it is a good idea to go somewhere crowded where there are lots of people about. A supermarket car park if possible, they have CCTV, usually.  Just go and park up outside the front doors, and sit there with your hand on the horn button.

Glad you got through it okay in the end.

atb

dave

Edited by member 02 Mar 2015 at 19:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 05:42
Two weeks ago today I was nervously setting out on another new adventure, some time with friends and family in UK including meeting up with people from this forum which was fabulous you know who you are so thank you to each one of you, you really make my life better. This was all ahead of my trip to America to do 4 different states in as many weeks. Some tough jobs to do along the way.

I can truly say that air travel is not really boring you spend ages waiting around airports watching reality show scenes come to life. The hen party on their way to Dublin so drunk that the moving walkway becomes a lifetime challenge, the little toddler who had lost his mother and decided I would be his hero, and the tv screens revealing news of real life issues all around you.

Then once actually airborne the apprehension of what is to come starts to run riot in your imagination.

How will I manage on my own will I make all my connections will I find my luggage ok will I have a problem at customs or immigration will I just turn right around and go home to safety and familiarity?

Then after 2 days of all that will it all be worth it?

Meeting mutual friends and staying in familiar places but all alone and knowing that feels so wrong leads me to ask myself is this the right thing to do right now?

Then really good friends somehow know that all of this craziness is happening, modern communications make it possible for them to reach you and help you to work your way through the virtual panic that has overwhelmed you. Next thing you are moving forward and taking things in your stride as if that was the way it was meant to be.

Another step towards tomorrow and the new me.

Xxx

Mo

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 07:40
Mo,

You never travel alone, we are always with you.

Steve x

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 08:16

Mo I have only recently become acquainted with you online but you appear to be a generous , humorous and brave woman. Life is certainly not how you would have planned if but you are moving forward in a positive way. Good luck to the new you and thanks for all your positive ,reassuring posts. Georgina

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 08:29

Hi Mo,

I know how tough these last few weeks have been for you, but you are such a strong person i knew you would come out the other side.

We are all missing you here, have a great holiday but why is it always five weeks, why cant you have two like everyone else http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif

Keep up with the training ready for our color run. (not me http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Si, Ness and the twins xxxx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 13:01

Glad to be of assistance SS just don't forget my skirt and coconuts.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif X 

BFN

Julie X

Edited by member 26 Mar 2015 at 17:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 19:38
Hi mo

Have true admiration of how you are off by yourself to America. You may be travelling alone but I am sure your mick will be very near you in spirit.

Have a fabulous time.

Lesley x

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 19:43
Mo

You still have Hawaii to look forward to. I wish I was coming with you my dear friend. Brave and simply fabulous, that's our Mo.

With love

Allison xxx

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 21:11

A lone traveller but never alone - have a wonderful adventure x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Mar 2015 at 21:58

Enjoy the holiday Mo...you are racking up more air miles than me

Bri x

User
Posted 27 Mar 2015 at 03:38
Thanks y'all
User
Posted 27 Mar 2015 at 08:24

Have an absolutely wonderful time, Mo. I will think of you sunning yourself in Hawaii whilst I am chasing round after my new collie pup !

Fiona. xxx

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 01:57
I have been reluctant to post about my travels and the things I am up to, mainly because there seem to be a few people who really need all the support they can get right now and me being all happy holidays seems a little inappropriate. However I did think a post might offer a bit of cheer along the way.

Initially I felt like a fish out of water, slightly scared of being in places that had been so familiar to Mick and I as a couple. Especially at our friend's house in California. That seemed to be a reasonable fear as it hit me very hard the first 3 nights or so. Then gradually I started to feel more at ease with myself, mostly due to the fantastic reassurance of my special friends on this forum with regular e mails, messages and by just letting me know that everyone is OK.

I had a difficult day a few days ago when tension had built between me and the friends I am with, just stupid things which previously I would have simply dismissed, the more I thought about things the more problematic it became until I just took myself off to a quiet corner and let rip. I had a troubled night worrying about it all. I think my parents should have called me Anxiety istead of Amanda LOL.

The next day it was as if nothing had happened indeed it really had just been me over reacting and beating myself up unnecessarily. Thanks to my forum friends for helping me to realise that.

Since then I have been catching amazing sunsets whilst sat on the balcony with a nice glass of wine, watching turtles as they swim past literally below us and seeing the whales blowing away on the horizon. I sit and listen to the ocean rolling in and it soothes away every bit of tension I feel.

Yesterday we went out whale watching with the Pacific whale foundation charity, what an amazing day.We got up close and quite personal with a huge pod of humpback whales, lots of females with little calves and a lot of big males that are called "escorts" basically they missed out on the mating and are hanging about protecting the females and their babies in the hope that they might become the next Daddy. The "this season" Daddys have all left town heading up for the best food supply thousands of miles North in Alaska. Sounds like a good life, eating, mating, traveling, playing and sleeping when necessary although not necessarily in that order.

I had 2 cameras with me and managed to take any number of pictures of water, the boat, my feet and about 3 featuring sundry whale parts .. I do not possess any photographic skills whatsoever!!

I have been running along the beach front every day trying to get ready for the run with Ness and the girls when I get home. I was doing OK but today I have had to change things round a bit due to chronic pain in my right hip. My PT did tell me road running might make my Rheumatoid arthritis flare up so I guess that is my bad (as they say here) back to walking pretty fast and swimming. I got the shock of my life in the sea this morning when I was joined by the biggest turtle I ever set eyes on, he just nonchalantly paddled past me (much better swimmer than me) ...awesome I doubt that will ever happen again in my lifetime so quite an uplifting and emotional moment.

This evening we are going to eat at the restaurant owned and run by Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac fame, looking forward to that.

Tomorrow I have a whole new workout, I am going to canoe in a Hawaiin outrigger canoe for about 90 mins around this part of the island coastline, who knows what I will get to see along the way. I just hope my arms are not so sore that I cannot lift my wine glass tomorrow night!!

Thursday is volcano day and then Friday I move on leavng Hawaii behind me and back to the familiarity of family in Georgia.

Sending you all hugs and Aloha greetings

By the way Elvis is alive and here on Maui I must have had half a dozen sightings of him already this week and he still looks like he did when he was 30!!

xx

Mo

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 03:23

Good to hear about your adventures, Mo. Particularly as it is 3 am turned here in UK and a bad cold is stopping me sleeping. It feels very quiet in the house so to read about your activity is quite up lifting. I have been on my own for so many years now I take it for granted. Your journey reminds me how difficult it is to adjust to that life when you have had such a sustained and wonderful partnership with the unforgettable Mick. I find travel on my own exciting and anxious at the same time and know that conflict is there for you. Your deep inner strength and determination sees you through it and you will remain a beacon of hope for others in your situation.

Don't overdo the exercise though and create health problems for yourself. Be measured in that as you are on holiday and should be doing holiday things too. Always good for the forum to hear good news stories and you help others so much it's good to hear you helping yourself to new vistas.

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 09:32
Hi Mo,

Sounds like you having a wonderful time. I've seen some of the pictures you're taking and you're doing really well in capturing moments in time that will be remembered the whole of your life.

I think I was having a moment yesterday like you describe having with your friends. I just wanted to scream at someone. I'm not normally like that but I think the frustration with everything that's happened to me in the last nine months finally got to me. A phone call from my mortgage company didn't help. I told them that I was going back to work but it was a bit uncertain how long it would take me to get the amount of work I needed to pay the bills especially as my benefits stop the moment I do my first job. They wanted me to ring them every two weeks to let them know what work I'd done and when I would be paid for it. I have enough stress anyway without having that pressure put on me as well.

Anyway, I feel much better this morning after a good night's sleep.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more great photos from you in the coming days.

Have a wonderful time, Mo and take it easy with the running. You don't want to injure yourself and spoil your trip.

Take care.

Steve x

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 12:54

Hi Mo

You're such a help and encouragement to us all - hoping you have a wonderful time on your travels

Best wishes, Arthur

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 13:10

Sounds like you are having a great time, certainly getting better weather than we are over here.

Enjoy it Mo.

atb

dave

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 18:42

Have a great trip,you cheer many on with your posts.El

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 22:45

This is not what I was going to post, but thinking of you as always SS. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

BFN

Julie XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 22:53

Enjoy your well deserved break.

Chris and Shirley.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx