I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostap Side effects

User
Posted 15 Aug 2014 at 23:20

I have been treated with Radio Therapy and Prostap Injections for P.C the last injection of Prostap was 9th August 2013 and Radio Therapy ended 8th November 2013.   I have had the usual side effect of Prostap,  Loss of Hair on body, Hot Flushes ect, but recently in the last 6 or 8 weeks I have been suffering with very sore Breast area's and if palpitated they feel lumpy. I have read that those who have the Prostap injections may suffer enlargement of the Breast area but is the soreness to be expected as well ?  Any information thoughts gratefully received

Dave

User
Posted 17 Aug 2014 at 09:19
I have sore nipples but it has been manageable for me. I have been on prostap for over two and a half years. No hot flushes, just fatigue affects me and the total loss of libido but not worried about that.
User
Posted 17 Aug 2014 at 09:47

Thanks for your reply Yorkhull, I also have the Fatigue and complete loss of Libido, but was told to expect this.  Have been thinking about joining a club for eunuchs' :)

Dave

User
Posted 17 Aug 2014 at 15:03
My husband has had very sore breasts since he started on Stilboestrill and they have grown to quite large proportions, which is totally embarrassing. He isn't especially large in girth elsewhere so disguising them has become an art form (small size vests from M&S are the best so far). But if they get touched by accident he jumps a foot into the air.

He didn't have this problem on Zoladex alone. He doesn't have Prostap. We do try to laugh at all of this though, we were looking at remedies for deterring cats from doing their business in our garden and the key one was for a man to pee there as the male testosterone puts them off. Cue pretend sobbing that he couldn't even scare a cat let alone lift the skin off a rice pudding. You've got to laugh.

Take care

Allison x