I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ever Decreasing Circles part three

User
Posted 13 Aug 2018 at 11:50
I have many physical limitations around mobility I did not have six years ago but you can make sense of that. Fatigue is more subtle and multi-dimensional and I hope the blog illustrates this.
User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 12:45
Ok latest 4 weekly catch up a bit disturbing. Suddenly PSA has jumped from 12 to 19.26. It is either the start of rejection of enzalutimide or an anomaly. Onco checking every avenue. He thinks that my clinical signs remain good so we continue for four weeks. But CT Scan to be done to check there is no disease progression in soft tissues. Also urology tomorrow to see how far the problems there might be interfering with PSA. Unsettling times. Felt a bit down last night but I keep going as always.
User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 13:34

Hi Paul,

Good to hear you are still keeping going. Sorry to read about that jump though. Hope it pans out okay?

kr

dave

Do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)
User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 15:53

Sorry to read about the jump in PSA Paul. I sincerely hope it’s a blip rather than a trend.

Good to see you co to fight.

Best wishes,

Ian

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 17:53
Eeeeek - let's focus on the possibility that it is an anomaly
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 18:15
Fingers crossed for you Paul.
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 21:36

Paul

A bit tish, hope it is a blip,keep going mate.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Sep 2018 at 21:54
Fingers crossed, mate!

Carpe Prostatem

User
Posted 06 Sep 2018 at 18:28
Ok urology report. Not too much to stay. No infection. Retention smallish (119 ml). Immediate strategy, self-catherisation at night after lower drink intake post 6 pm. Monitor intake and expel of urine over three days. Return in a few weeks to see if this has made a difference. Possible to add a tablet which increases bladder control. Will consider this after above has been tried. If both fail last resort find ways to keep dry at night through a sheath. They want to see if they can stop it first. So pretty thorough and let’s hope I get some improvement.

The joy of self-catherisation again but only once a day.

User
Posted 06 Sep 2018 at 19:02

Paul - sorry to see the trials you're going through.  Hope things settle down. 

Ulsterman

User
Posted 06 Sep 2018 at 22:59
Fingers crossed for the improvement Paul. You’ve managed the self-cathing in the past so hopefully this won’t prove to be to much of an issue for you

Bri