I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ever Decreasing Circles part three

User
Posted 17 Apr 2018 at 21:56

Well said, Lyn. Was attempting to think of some encouraging words for Paul, but yours really hit the mark.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2018 at 21:04
Hi Paul, sorry to read that PSA rising, hope nothing else bad comes out from tests and rise slows. Take care, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me racing in the Sahara April 2018

User
Posted 18 Apr 2018 at 21:29

Best wishes Paul and here's hoping for a Splendiferous Summer !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 15 May 2018 at 14:29

So four weeks on and we have another check up. So the results are in, sort of....the good news is my PSA has stabilised, slightly down at 13.69 so same treatment continues which is excellent. Bone scan reported some progression but oncologist doubts this and has referred it for further analysis. It did not look much different to me. CT scan not been reported back so he is chasing it but hopeful that this will show no change. So not clear cut but present regime retained which was main purpose. So am content.

I have not been feeling well of late but I think these are ancillary problems and the longer enzalutimide is working the better for me as it avoids the next steps. I want to enjoy the weather but still lacking energy so hope I can sort these issues out a bit and make the most of this respite, at least for four weeks anyway.

User
Posted 15 May 2018 at 15:15
Good to see your results are more or less where you hoped they would be and to read that you are content with those results.
Sorry that you are not feeling so good but hoping that things will perk up so that you can get some enjoyment from this spell of fine weather. It has certainly been hot down here in Wiltshire but being a southerner it's not possible for me to function properly in the cold.

All the best

Kevan
User
Posted 15 May 2018 at 17:58
Good to hear your PSA has stayed roughly the same and you can continue on current treatment Paul.
As Kevan has said I also hope you start to feel a bit better soon and are able to enjoy any decent weather.
Ian
User
Posted 15 May 2018 at 21:23

Small victories but victories nonetheless. I hope you feel more zippy soon x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 16 May 2018 at 10:10

Well more good news today on two fronts. The hospital phoned this morning. The good news is I was reviewed at the MDT last night and the scans show my disease to be stable. No soft tissue spread and bony mets stable. So that is a good start to the day.

Secondly I seem to have overcome my gastro problems feeling a lot better yesterday and today so hope this continues forward.

Diabetes consultant today so just that one to sort and the summer starts here.

User
Posted 16 May 2018 at 11:27
That’s good news Paul. Out and about from tomorrow then?
Ian
User
Posted 17 May 2018 at 18:45

Good news on a couple of fronts. Long may it continue ...

User
Posted 17 May 2018 at 18:59
Good news Paul

Regards

Dave
"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 22 May 2018 at 18:38
Good news Paul .
BFN Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 18:00
So 4 weeks comes round quickly but PSA stuck around 14, ALP normal and all other markers good I get another four weeks unchanged treatment. I’ll settle for that. Still getting very tired at times but I guess I can live with that given I stay on enzalutimide for longer.
User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 18:35

Hi Paul,

milk that Enzo for as long as possible .

always thinking of you and Si .

xx

BFN Julie x

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 18:37
Thats a good result Paul
Keep it going
User
Posted 15 Jun 2018 at 17:59
Go well brother

Bazza
I am Spartacus - with the strength of iron, a will of steel and the fight to give this disease a real run for its money.
User
Posted 15 Jun 2018 at 20:31
Really pleased to see it is holding steady x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 16 Jun 2018 at 09:59
It is good news, no doubt but 4 weekly appointments does mean you are never far from a check-up. I wish I felt better in myself too the impact of various drugs making daily living a little challenging.