Chris J's Journey

User
Posted 09 Mar 2022 at 19:01
Good news regarding PSA hope more to follow from scan results

Good luck

Cheers Bill

User
Posted 09 Mar 2022 at 19:53

Hi Chris, good to hear from you and that you are still living life to the full.

Your PSA response is fantastic. I hope all the scans and bloods are stable and you can get insurance for a few getaways. I’m looking forward to Majorca in June.

Take care,

Ido4

User
Posted 09 Mar 2022 at 21:10

Brilliant news on your PSA Chris. Good luck with your scan results so you can get those holidays booked ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

User
Posted 09 Mar 2022 at 21:37

So pleased to read your news,you have given me and David a real boost. 
Long may it continue Chris.

User
Posted 09 Mar 2022 at 22:50

That's a big deal, Chris! You are so energetic!

500 daisies? Lovely! I guess you run a nursery? Or, are you going to dress the whole farm in colour?  I'd love to see your daffs and daises blossom. I'm addicted to plants too ;)

You're going to work hard. Good luck!

User
Posted 09 Mar 2022 at 22:50

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I’ve planted maybe 800 daisies and daffs and lilies , mow the 5 lawns , painting barn after re -rendering , kitchen garden maintenance, It’s just full on but in the middle of nowhere. Music on , fresh air , hard graft , and a well deserved pint on the way home ๐Ÿ˜€

Fantastic physical and mental effort Chris! You've certainly made lemonade from lemons ๐Ÿ˜€

Jules

User
Posted 10 Mar 2022 at 06:24

Great PSA news Chris and glad you are enjoying your work in the countryside.

User
Posted 10 Mar 2022 at 09:49

Pleased to hear from you Chris, and that you are coping probably better than you feared on the HT, and long may it continue. Particularly well done on not putting on weight!

User
Posted 10 Mar 2022 at 10:01

Great news Chris, so good to hear you’re living life a lot more now. I hope you can get away for a holiday soon.

Arthur

User
Posted 10 Mar 2022 at 14:53

Great to read that.   Your drive for quality of life above following the beaten path is something to make us think. 
All the best, Peter

User
Posted 10 Mar 2022 at 15:44

Hi Chris, so pleased to read your latest PSA result.  You’ve certainly been amazing with both your mental and physical attitude.  Hope your scan results are ok so you can book some more holidays and enjoy some well deserved relaxation time.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Ange x

User
Posted 11 Mar 2022 at 00:31
Great PSA response.

I am not sure if I knew that you had left the school?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Mar 2022 at 07:01
Hi Lyn had to leave full time there 2 yrs ago when I had the RT to spine and ribs. It was too much mentally and physically for me. And I had some life decisions to make โ€ฆโ€ฆ

I still help out there a bit now and then. Landed this perfect job say September last year. Just as difficult but Iโ€™m back in the saddle x

User
Posted 11 Mar 2022 at 07:14
Pay attention Lyn we all spotted Chris moving jobs, can't believe it was 2years ago though that you had the RT.
User
Posted 11 Mar 2022 at 07:32
Yeh my mistake. I had it Sept โ€˜20 then started HT Januaryโ€™21
User
Posted 11 Mar 2022 at 13:32

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Pay attention Lyn we all spotted Chris moving jobs, can't believe it was 2years ago though that you had the RT.

I am losing my grip ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜–

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Apr 2022 at 07:42

Really great news Chris, so relieved for you :)

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 10:40
At last after 5 weeks of waiting for my full MOT results !!

Coming to 7 yrs post surgery and 7 1/2 yrs since diagnosis. G9T4N1M0 at surgery.

Decapeptyl 3 monthly has reduced PSA to 1.3 from >990 at start. Declined early Enza.

Bone Scan โ€” all tumours reduced in size

CT Scan โ€” lymph nodes involved have all reduced in size

Bloods all good and internal organs all good.

Moved to 4 monthly check ups.

Couldnโ€™t be happier today. QOL is mostly fine and loving being a farmhand with regular hours in the fresh air.

Main issues which I think are progressive are fatigue and flushes. Libido dropped but not gone at all. EF still possible. Happy with my path choices.

Best wishes to everyone on your own journeys.

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 11:10
So happy to read!

Congrats, Chris! Enjoy your plants' growth and life intensively. Xx

Best,

Lola

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 11:10
So happy to read!

Congrats, Chris! Enjoy your plants' growth and life intensively. Xx

Best,

Lola

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 11:11
Great news Chris farm life is great isn't it!
User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 11:36

Great news Chris ๐Ÿ‘

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 12:55
Excellent news, Chris! Long may it continue.

All the best,

Chris

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 13:17

Great results Chris, You’ve certainly had some tough times and difficult choices to make along the way.  So happy that you have the QOL you have worked towards.  Long may this continue. Happy holidays, I’m sure you have one coming up soon! x

Ange

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 13:17

Happy Easter, Chris.  Great news.

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 14:28

CJ, good to hear, lets hope it continues.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 15:50

Great news Chris!  Long may it continue 

Arthur

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 16:28

Great news Chris. You should be pleased with all your choices along the rocky road that is PCa ๐Ÿ‘.

Phil

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 17:48
Great news ,long may it continue .

Debby

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 19:03
Brilliant post. Your news gives heart to me, thank you. So pleased for you, long may it continue.

Leila

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 19:30
Really glad it's going as well as possible Chris. Long may it continue

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 13 Apr 2022 at 19:42

Great news Chris.

Dave

User
Posted 14 Apr 2022 at 08:34

freat news Chris. xx

barbara x

User
Posted 15 Apr 2022 at 13:14

That’s all very positive Chris. Great to hear. All the best to you and yours,

Ido4

User
Posted 15 Apr 2022 at 14:12
Great news Chris, keep going lad.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
User
Posted 15 Apr 2022 at 14:12
User
Posted 15 Apr 2022 at 14:13
User
Posted 28 Apr 2022 at 22:27
Just been sent the paperwork for the MANCAN 01 trial at Southampton General studying whether CBT can really work for hot flushes and night sweats. Has apparently shown great results for breast cancer sufferers. I wonโ€™t know whether I get put into placebo group ( ie just HT )! Or the trial group which is zoom councelling and work books and workshops. At first I was hesitant because of our horrendous parking charges , but now I know itโ€™s virtual Iโ€™m well up for it.

To be fair , 15 months in , I only get sweats last thing at night but not during sleep , and first thing morning. Not many during day at all. But some men quit HT altogether as the symptoms can get so bad. Just doing my bit and maybe some free positive help to stop them in their tracks. Wishes to you all x

User
Posted 29 Apr 2022 at 15:39

Chris, that sounds interesting.

Also, pleased the hot flushes aren't too bad for you.

User
Posted 02 May 2022 at 14:47
Hi Chris,

Just read your journey and found it truly inspirational. I was just diagnosed in February and currently sat at home recovering from a RALP. which was carried out last Thursday and wondering what the future holds. I guess what I take from from your own journey is that no one really knows what path is mapped out. Forums aren't really my thing unless they relate to motorbikes - but having spent all day reading your posts I just wanted to wish you - and your family all the very best on your continuing journey. You really are an inspiration and a help to guys like me just starting out on our own journeys.

User
Posted 02 May 2022 at 16:28
Thank you so much for that Jogler. Very kind words indeed and thanks for reading my story. I know Iโ€™ve been a bit of a pain on my journey and rocked the boat a bit , but my Onco loves that I challenge him and am not just a sheep following all treatments that they are duty bound to offer. Two years ago I was told I may only have a year to live if I didnโ€™t start HT. Itโ€™s a shock like that that kick starts the brain. Anyway who knows โ€” Iโ€™m grateful for what I have and my expert care.

I wish you all the very best in your recovery, and if youโ€™ve read my story you will know there is hope out there on so many levels to get through this. Keep well ๐Ÿ‘

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 09:15
Just a quick update. Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of my RP where I was diagnosed G9T4N1 , and 7 1/2 yrs since diagnosis. Minimal intervention and no SRT as it didnโ€™t seem worth it ( and we were proved right ). No signs of metastasis until about 19 months ago and is now widespread in spine and 4 lymphs involved.

Been on HT 18 months next week and touch wood all staying controlled for now but I know the end is catching up on me surely ? Iโ€™m living , working and loving still and have very little problems with the HT โ€” mainly flushes and fatigue. Everyone that meets me says just how well I look which is nice but we all know the enemy within. Another cruise booked for September and insurance ok now I have scan evidence that things are calm.

Aiming for the 10 year club but maybe optimistic heh.

Psa in 2 weeks and the dread that it turns up instead of keeping dropping. Itโ€™s a strain โ€ฆโ€ฆ fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž

Keep well all x

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 09:34

Happy Anniversary Chris ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.

Fingers crossed for your next PSA test . All seems to be working to plan so far and I’m sure you’ll be seeing the 10 year anniversary. And hoping I’m still around to send my wishes …

You’ve trodden your own path and although it’s been a more unusual route it’s seems to have worked out for you . You have inspired others to at least question the pathway offered by their consultant.

Goud luck, take care 

Phil

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 12:45

Chris, always good to get an update and see how you're doing.  Glad you're still living life.  Thank you for the help you've been to me over the years.....even though you might not have realised it.

User
Posted 14 Jun 2022 at 13:08

CJ, good to see things are going reasonably well. Take care.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 00:09
I told you you would still be around to bug me in 10 years - I am not changing my prediction yet xxx

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 08:23

Good to hear an update, and that you are coping with the HT better than you thought beforehand. Long may you remain stable.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 10:07

Great news Chris. What a journey you have had. I’m quite sure you’ll be seeing through your 10 year anniversary. All the very best x

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 13:26

Great news, your example is a wonderful support to others with G9+ David was diagnosed in 2015, he’s doing well too. His last PSA was<0.1 must be party time eh.

Keep doing whatever your doing and enjoy the cruises. 

Leila x

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 23:57
Keep living the life Chris!