I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

3 Years on

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 13:08
Well It's three years today since I was officially diagnosed, after being refused a PSA check and told I was too young to have PCa as it was an "OLD MANS DISEASE" and therefore ending up with a PSA of 94.4. I was Informed that I "would die of it and not with it" but assured that I had time to put my affairs in order and book a holiday.

Well here I am 3yrs later still fighting the battle and determined to hit this as hard as I can. I cannot begin to thank all the people on this forum who gave me hope, when I was at my lowest.

So to all you people that have found it necessary to join this club that none of us wished to join, I say " NEVER GIVE UP HOPE" you are all unique and not a statistic.

I thank you all

Roy

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 09:11

Lovely post Roy It will give so much hope to newbies . I think when we are all first diagnosed our thoughts are weeks maybe months if we are lucky but your post goes to prove that many years can and are achievable well done you.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 13:08
Well It's three years today since I was officially diagnosed, after being refused a PSA check and told I was too young to have PCa as it was an "OLD MANS DISEASE" and therefore ending up with a PSA of 94.4. I was Informed that I "would die of it and not with it" but assured that I had time to put my affairs in order and book a holiday.

Well here I am 3yrs later still fighting the battle and determined to hit this as hard as I can. I cannot begin to thank all the people on this forum who gave me hope, when I was at my lowest.

So to all you people that have found it necessary to join this club that none of us wished to join, I say " NEVER GIVE UP HOPE" you are all unique and not a statistic.

I thank you all

Roy

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 13:51

Hi Roy
All I can say is heart-felt congratulations mate. I'm beginning to find its all about Elaine and Pete and not me. Peter doesn't know I'm poorly except for when I was in hospital, but I'm seeing the strain on my beautiful wife's face and her fear that I won't be here in 10 yrs. So I'm gonna try to make sure I am
Chris

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 14:32
Well done & congratulations Roy, an encouragement to us all

Keep on keeping on

Best wishes

Arthur

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 16:13

Well Done Roy. Keep up the good work and the encouraging posts.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 19:11

Thank you Roy for the positive post and giving hope to all.
I'm 9 months on from a starting psa of 235.
I hope we all go on for years

Paul

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 20:29

Well said Roy...as you know I am but a few weeks behind you. Your support to me and others has been invaluable over those years

Bri

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 21:16
Hi Roy

I agree this is a very inspiring post to others here. Am sure you've had a fare few holidays in the last 3 years and am sure you'll have a fare few more.

Keep fighting, hope your next planned treatment has good effect. Noticed you've been having treatment at Birmingham QE. Just like to say we have been more than happy with the care and attention we have had there over the last 5 years.

Lesley

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 23:45

Hi Roy,

Three years and many more to follow, hopefully.

Thank you for all the support you have given me and others on this site.

All the very best to you.  Keep fighting.

Would be good to see you at the "Leicester Do" next June.  It's a great event if you're free. 

Steve

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 09:38

Hi Roy
A lovely post showing there is alot that can be achieved it is not all doom and gloom
Long may you continue

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 15:05

Roy

Well done, great news.

Your last 3 years has seen disappointment more than met by your determination to win. So with the extra strength and experience that gave you the next 3 years will hopefully be much easier.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 15:26

Good to read this Roy ! We all need some encouragement and your post has clearly generated that ! Here's to plenty more holidays!

Fiona.

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 17:54
I honestly couldn't put this better myself, we are nearly five years into diagnosis, mets, bone and lymph, PSA 25, Gleason 10. Still no chemo or new drugs, We have had lots of fun in that five years. Here's to many more!

Love Allison

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 13:51

Hi Roy
All I can say is heart-felt congratulations mate. I'm beginning to find its all about Elaine and Pete and not me. Peter doesn't know I'm poorly except for when I was in hospital, but I'm seeing the strain on my beautiful wife's face and her fear that I won't be here in 10 yrs. So I'm gonna try to make sure I am
Chris

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 14:32
Well done & congratulations Roy, an encouragement to us all

Keep on keeping on

Best wishes

Arthur

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 16:13

Well Done Roy. Keep up the good work and the encouraging posts.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 09:11

Lovely post Roy It will give so much hope to newbies . I think when we are all first diagnosed our thoughts are weeks maybe months if we are lucky but your post goes to prove that many years can and are achievable well done you.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 19:11

Thank you Roy for the positive post and giving hope to all.
I'm 9 months on from a starting psa of 235.
I hope we all go on for years

Paul

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 20:29

Well said Roy...as you know I am but a few weeks behind you. Your support to me and others has been invaluable over those years

Bri

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 21:16
Hi Roy

I agree this is a very inspiring post to others here. Am sure you've had a fare few holidays in the last 3 years and am sure you'll have a fare few more.

Keep fighting, hope your next planned treatment has good effect. Noticed you've been having treatment at Birmingham QE. Just like to say we have been more than happy with the care and attention we have had there over the last 5 years.

Lesley

User
Posted 12 Oct 2015 at 23:45

Hi Roy,

Three years and many more to follow, hopefully.

Thank you for all the support you have given me and others on this site.

All the very best to you.  Keep fighting.

Would be good to see you at the "Leicester Do" next June.  It's a great event if you're free. 

Steve

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 09:38

Hi Roy
A lovely post showing there is alot that can be achieved it is not all doom and gloom
Long may you continue

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 15:05

Roy

Well done, great news.

Your last 3 years has seen disappointment more than met by your determination to win. So with the extra strength and experience that gave you the next 3 years will hopefully be much easier.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 15:26

Good to read this Roy ! We all need some encouragement and your post has clearly generated that ! Here's to plenty more holidays!

Fiona.

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 17:53
Well done brother. I'm just on the six year mark and have no intention of giving way just yet!

Bazza

User
Posted 13 Oct 2015 at 17:54
I honestly couldn't put this better myself, we are nearly five years into diagnosis, mets, bone and lymph, PSA 25, Gleason 10. Still no chemo or new drugs, We have had lots of fun in that five years. Here's to many more!

Love Allison