Show search

Notification

Error

moving hospitals

User
Posted 21 Jan 2016 at 03:38
So am seeing GP on friday going to discuss moving hospitals and oncos

Had a talk with wifey re this and she doesnt want me to do this

Reason being that it is abit further to travel and should i at any time need to get their urgently it may cause a problem and i may just get the same issues as i am already getting abd as i said they cannot be any worse

The main thing she brought up was how anxious i get and others pick up on this and it makes them anxious

Tried to explain that alot of this is how i feel i have dealt with at the hospital

family have asked me to honest in how i feel. So have said that from know i will not say how i feel if this is causing others to much anxiety

Not sure where i am going with this

Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 21 Jan 2016 at 18:09

Oh Nidge - what a muddle! What do you want to achieve by changing hospitals? To see the same consultant each time you visit? That isn't guaranteed whichever hospital you are under - consultants will always have housemen taking their clinic appointments, particularly for what they see as straightforward cases. Could you just have a second opinion at another hospital first and ask at the appointment whether they would provide any better continuity of care before you make a complete change? Perhaps it would be worth paying for a private consultation (might cost about £250 - £300) to ask the questions you need. Or are you planning to move to Nottingham where you have already seen someone?

I don't think getting there quickly should be much of a consideration. If you needed emergency care, you would presumably go to your nearest A&E anyway?

Does r'lass understand how serious your diagnosis was? You shouldn't really have to cover your own feelings to make other people feel better ... or at least, I don't think you should. On the other hand, if their anxiety is because they feel you are over-reacting to seeing different doctors when in their experience that's just how it is in the NHS then perhaps you could try to accept it a little more? We see the same onco and uro every time but we pay for the privilege. For my own health situation, I never see the same person twice but it doesn't really bother me - I just keep track of what was said and put them right if necessary :-0

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard