Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Life with fatigue

User
Posted 02 Aug 2016 at 15:55

Hi everyone

I’m Minal from the health information team.

Fatigue can stop you in your tracks, making it really hard to get even basic tasks done.

We’re producing an online guide to help men with prostate cancer related fatigue find ways to manage it.

I’d like to include some tips on how to manage daily activities when you have fatigue. For example, do you sit down to chop vegetables or food shop online? What helps to save your energy?

Share your tips on:

- washing and dressing
- doing housework
- managing food shopping
- cooking meals
- doing the laundry
- or anything else that helps make your life easier.

Please comment below or email me minal.smith@prostatecanceruk.org with any tips you have. If we use your tip, we will use it anonymously (we won't use your name, username, or any identifiable details about you).

You will be helping us to ensure that our information is as useful as possible for men with prostate cancer.

Thanks for your help.

Minal

minal.smith@prostatecanceruk.org

Edited by member 02 Aug 2016 at 15:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Aug 2016 at 16:45

My dad has been experiencing a huge amount of fatigue recently. I came here looking for some answers. Would appreciate if people could post their tips / habits below as well! That would be really helpful. Thanks

User
Posted 06 Aug 2016 at 11:55
An afternoon nap built into your daily routine.

Small frequent meals rather than larger heavy meals that make you sleepy.

A good nights sleep makes the day easier but this can be marred by toilet trips and hot flushes. A sleeping tablet sometimes helps but the GPs do not like prescribing these due to other side effects.

A brisk walk in the fresh air if you are up to it.