I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search



Which pump

Posted 26 February 2017 10:46:18(UTC)

Hi, I am thinking of asking my Dr for a pump. She has been very supportive with Cialis and that has worked well up to now....I am very concerned by the shrinkage....

I know there are different pumps but not sure which to ask for........any advise would be most welcome


Posted 26 February 2017 12:15:18(UTC)

There are a few different models that are professional. I was given a somaErect response 2 from imedicare in the U.K. It is great and easy to use and comes with super stretchy rings although I don't use those. I just use it to engorge him every day , which is 20 months on from surgery now. I am getting some skin discoloration though which concerns me a bit. I have NHS prescription number for the pump somewhere

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
Thanked 1 time
Posted 26 February 2017 12:29:15(UTC)

thanks Chris...the number would be brill

Posted 26 February 2017 13:53:14(UTC)

Generally, the ones you can get on the NHS are:
- somaErect
- Farnworth
- Osbon Erecaid Esteem

If you google them on pharmacy pages, the NHS number is usually displayed in the item description - see here for example http://www.mediplus.co.uk/c-Osbon-ErecAid

John has the Osbon Esteem but we also used to get the Farnworth rings as they were a tighter fit and slightly easier to remove than the Osbon ones.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Posted 26 February 2017 14:33:10(UTC)

I purchased one direct from a company called iMEDicare.co.uk my GP was not happy to prescribe one until I had explored the chemical route. The NHS code is 317-5593.

Good luck.

Posted 26 February 2017 14:42:23(UTC)

Quick update , depends what your GP is prepared to prescribe. The one I purchased was a Response 11 NHS code 317-1182.


©2018 Prostate Cancer UK