Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<123

What now - any advice?

User
Posted 30 Jan 2019 at 19:44

You are right to wait until you get the report.

My heart goes out to you, what a situation to be presented with.

Ian

User
Posted 31 Jan 2019 at 15:59

Hi Rafael,

I hope the other party is not or has never been involved in any criminal activity if your DNA is a “100% match” with his, as you’ll be hauled in for any crimes linked to him (and you)! That’s if he hasn’t died of prostate cancer by now. Were you separated from an identical twin at birth?

Try and keep a brave face on it all, and think of how many trips to Barbados you will be able to enjoy with your inevitable compo, which you richly deserve.

Best wishes as ever.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 31 Jan 2019 at 16:02  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 Jan 2019 at 19:18
I'm so sorry to hear about this Rafael. Sometimes we hear about stuff like this but nobody believes it could happen to us. Sending you my best wishes and hope you get this sorted out without too much stress.

Maria
User
Posted 31 Jan 2019 at 21:42

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I hope the other party is not or has never been involved in any criminal activity if your DNA is a “100% match” with his, as you’ll be hauled in for any crimes linked to him (and you)! That’s if he hasn’t died of prostate cancer by now. Were you separated from an identical twin at birth?

why are you wittering about criminals and twins? Rafael’s DNA was used to confirm that he is the patient with the wrong result :-/ 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 01 Feb 2019 at 02:26

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

“why are you wittering about criminals and twins? Rafael’s DNA was used to confirm that he is the patient with the wrong result :-/“

OK, Matron and Rafael, sorry, I misread the post. He’s a 100% match with his own DNA.

Cheers,  John.

Edited by member 01 Feb 2019 at 02:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Feb 2019 at 14:52
🤣🤣🤣

I read an interesting article yesterday about all these gene testing kits people are buying each other as Christmas gifts, etc. Apparently, a new phenomenon is emerging - an unexpectedly high number of people discovering they are no a match to their parents, only a half match to a sibling and / or that a stranger on the databank is an unknown close relative. It seems that for £63 people are getting rather more than they bargained for, so Rafael is probably relieved that he is a match to himself :-/
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 14:36

John - you're hilarious! 

Lyn - yes, good to know I'm a match with my own  biopsy cores involved in the mixup. Since it appears that they have sorted out the mess, I am awaiting response from them to my question asking if they can give me the correct biopsy results and report using my cores. I will push them if I do not hear from them by next Wednesday.

Rafael

He who lives, loves and knows what it means to die - Jiddu Krishnamurti 

User
Posted 02 Feb 2019 at 15:28

Interestingly one of our former forum member has recently found exactly that from a DNA test. Not a relation to the father, bit of a shock. Beware! Not relevant to your story Rafael. Good luck.

Devonmaid

User
Posted 03 Feb 2019 at 07:00
Maybe that old wives tale about toilet seats was true after all!