I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What now - any advice?

User
Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 16:58

Hi John, You're correct. I typed it in haste as my missus was waiting for me to go out with her. Thanks for the Good Luck wish and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The hospital should respond within 3 days.

Rafael.

He who lives, loves and knows what it means to die  - Jiddu Krishnamurti 

User
Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 16:06

I got a  rapid response from the Claims and Coroners Co-ordinator and my claim will be processed on 29 April when she gets back to work after annual leave.

It seems very simple so far to start making a claim without a solicitor - yeah, so far!

Rafael

User
Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 18:22
“Coroner’s Co-ordinator” sounds a bit ominous. Hope you are nowhere near meeting him just yet.....😉

The alacrity of their response is impressive. I wonder if they are used to dealing with Solicitors with whom every full-stop and comma in correspondence and every second on the phone is added to the claim the longer it goes on?

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 18:30
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Rafael. I hope your claim is handled quickly.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 18:35

Ha, ha - I am not there yet. One thing in the SIRI report interests me. At the end of the report under distribution of copies, it mentioned a copy to Patient (me) and NOK. Does it stand for Next of Kin? If so, whatever has happened to the other patient in the biopsy mixup saga? According to the report at the time of the mixup, he was 59 years old (in December 2017). He can't be gone? Scary, isn't it to think of it.

Rafael

User
Posted 17 May 2019 at 16:25

I am at present basking in the sun on the white sands of the Playa Poniente in Benidorm. I still have not got a response to that "rapid response" I mentioned the last time.

I shall press for some news once I get back to Old Blighty next Friday 24th.

I looked up in the NHS Resolution website and I understand it takes 3 months before they decide on an offer of compensation. So I'll wait and see.

Rafael

User
Posted 17 May 2019 at 16:45
Carry on basking, and soon it will be Barbados rather than Benidorm!

Perhaps they are hoping you will croak before they cough up!

Anyway, enjoy being cancer-free just like me, despite all its drawbacks, thanks to Professor Whocannotbenamedhere.

Cheers, John.