I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

panicking

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 14:24

Hi folks, just joined today. I'm 57. A bit frantic after suffering a sore lower back and hip pain for 1.5 years, then suddenly last week began to suffer from uncontrollable need to pee. Seems a lot worse when sitting. Strange thing is the back pain has eased dramatically. Been to the doc and she tested my urine and detected as 'slight infection', so on antibiotics for 2 weeks. Am i being paranoid, all this kicked off after i watched the Bill Turnbull interview.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 17:30

Hi Stuart,

The suddenness of needing to pee coming on does seem like an infection so give the antibiotics are chance. There other reasons both physical and psychological that could trigger your situation. You could of course request a PSA test, particularly if the antibiotics don't stop your urgency. But try not to panic!

Barry
User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 17:38

Back pain is often associated with kidney infection and urine infection, and UTIs are notoriously difficult to treat. Hopefully the antiobiotics will work and then you can seek further tests like kidney function and flow tests. A PSA test would also be sensible.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Mar 2018 at 17:43

Thanks for the prompt replies folks. I've looked at every item i can find on the net to try and 'match' symptoms. Not the brightest idea i've had. Slow mental torture doesn't describe it.