I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leaking Bladder

User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 13:37

Had my cathetar removed 2 days ago......since then bladder drip leaks constantly during the day  and  does not retain any urine to pass as its just drips through my system.

It is ok overnight.

Is this unusual?

User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 19:22
Quite normal after only 2 days. Just keep an eye on it and push push push for help if it doesn’t get better. Keep doing pelvic floor exercises to assist recovery although there is no hard evidence it helps. Some are lucky and some aren’t. Gravity takes a part , so when you are on your back in bed it stays in. When you are stood it flows out. Don’t despair— loads of time yet
User
Posted 09 Jul 2018 at 07:08

I had my RP back in December. They took the catheter out two weeks later. A lot of leaks to begin with but a steady improvement but completely dry three months later.

It will be different for everyone but things do get better.

Good Luck

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 19:22
Quite normal after only 2 days. Just keep an eye on it and push push push for help if it doesn’t get better. Keep doing pelvic floor exercises to assist recovery although there is no hard evidence it helps. Some are lucky and some aren’t. Gravity takes a part , so when you are on your back in bed it stays in. When you are stood it flows out. Don’t despair— loads of time yet
User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 19:43

Thanks Chris.........that helps.

User
Posted 09 Jul 2018 at 07:08

I had my RP back in December. They took the catheter out two weeks later. A lot of leaks to begin with but a steady improvement but completely dry three months later.

It will be different for everyone but things do get better.

Good Luck