Thanks everyone. When I read these replies I feel this calm washing over me.
Steve and me have talked none stop today about every possible outcome and every possible option and the compromise of those options.... Its been a positive day.
When I read things like "8 years on" it helps to wash away so many fears. Steve isn't reading this site yet but I keep saying, "okay listen to this" and read him a reply or some prudent information and he's starting to listen and become more interested.
"Have they said that he will be having hormone therapy rather than surgery?" Hi Lynne, to be honest I'm foggy about what they said. The consultant talked about major surgery. The key nurse said he would be pushing Addenbrooks for surgery but that they may not agree. They both spoke briefly about RT and HT but we were bombarded with so much info that neither of us took it in. Steve is saying he wants the surgery. I on the other hand, after reading a lot of the forums here, think its something he shouldn't be rushing into. That said, the consultant stressed that he must decide quickly as time was not on his side. The nurse on the other hand appeared much calmer and hopeful. If hormone treatment starves the cancer, then perhaps he should be having that before surgery?
We get the results of the bone scan on Tuesday. The following Monday his team will have a meeting and I'm sure the consultant or nurse said something about an online conference with him at the same time... I could be totally wrong about that. The following Thursday which is a week on Thursday, he's over at Addenbrooks for a full diagnosis and treatment plan; so we have 10 days to learn, learn, learn.
You are a bunch of fantastic giving people and I can't thank you all enough. I hope, like you, we can go on to support others in the future.