I need your help/advice please, finally pulled my head from the sand after this weeks biopsy results and I’m lost tbh. I’m 48 just, but was diagnosed at 46.
I was diagnosed last year after dull groin pain didn’t clear up with antibiotics. This led to a PSA test, 5.7, and then had MRI and Biopsy last year. MRI showed a 0.3 (I’m assuming cc volume) lesion left lobe near the apex, and the biopsy results were 4 out of 6 on left lobe, 5% volume Gleason 3 +3. For the record, I totally appreciate how lucky I am, in detecting this early and know I am way more fortunate that many on this forum.
The right lobe was clear, and I was offered AS - which I opted for.
PSA has bounced around over the year and last one was 2.8, but I had another MRI and repeat biopsy anyway as it was a year from initial diagnosis. MRI showed increase in volume to 0.5 (again I’m assuming this is cc) and biopsy results this week were : targeted biopsy this time to lesion on left lobe, 4 out of six positive, volume up to 50%, still Gleason 6. Nothing on right lobe. Consultant said I was ok to continue AS, with another psa in 3 months, Mri and then I can decide next steps. But now I am at the point of considering treatment after it’s all sinked in . I have a family and that’s all good, had vasectomy 8 years ago, so not worried about fertility.
Whats going on in my head is I don’t want to risk it progressing if I have the opportunity to do something now, rather than waiting another 6 -18 months and risk treatment options changing if it progresses.
Can anyone offer any advice based on their experience? Be really grateful, thanks folks