Error

Future

User
Posted 10 May 2019 at 16:34

Just been diagnosed today!  

Looks like a long road ahead.

User
Posted 10 May 2019 at 16:51
Order the free information pack called ‘Toolkit’ from this website.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 10 May 2019 at 17:33
Welcome to "the club", Anthony. What stage are you actually at? You've had a high PSA test result, or you've actually had a biopsy, MRI scan, etc, and have a confirmed diagnosis of prostate cancer?

All the best,

Chris

User
Posted 10 May 2019 at 18:22

Hi Chris,thank you for contacting me,  I have a high reading, have had MRI and bone scan. The consultant has no doubt so I will have a biopsy to verify.

regards

Tony

User
Posted 10 May 2019 at 19:01
Sounds as if you're in good hands, Tony. The waiting for all the tests is the hardest part of the whole process for most people. Once you know where you stand and have a grading for the cancer you can get on with treatment. The good news is that, provided the cancer hasn't spread outside the prostate, it's a very treatable condition.

Please do keep us updated once you've had your biopsy results back.

Very best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 11 May 2019 at 18:01

Hi Anthony, If you write more on your profile members will know better about how to reply to you.  Dates of appointments and what happened and test results. 

It looks like you've also used your full name, the comments are searchable to the public.  Most people use a pen name.  Many people are very open about what they write even though this can be a sensitive topic that you wouldn't be so open about.  So feel free to be open about it, if you wish.

All the best, Peter