Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

The only way is up

User
Posted 29 Sep 2019 at 19:01

Hi all, 

I have recently updated my profile after 12 months of Abiraterone . Psa low and all bloods within range, I get checked every month, the last check up being 2 weeks ago. Psa is steady at 0.21 from a dx figure of 14 . The only annoying thing has been a weak urine stream for about the last month or so, my onco is not too concerned as all results are stable. This weekend however my bladder refused to empty at all, so up to the hospital for a catheter to be inserted. Bloods and urine appeared normal but the initial thoughts are an enlarged prostate. I have an appointment with an urologist tomorrow for further investigations.  Because my PSA is good am I worrying to much thinking small cell could be the problem? 

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 16:06

Well, cathererised again this week and have agreed to a Turp operation in a few weeks time. A slightly different  procedure though, a turp c or channel. Has anybody else had this type of op ? Other than that, feeling fine. I have updated my profile also.

Thanks 

Chris.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 16:44
Hi Chris, I can't think of anyone that has posted about a TURP C but that doesn't mean there isn't a member or members out there who has had it.

Fingers crossed it does the trick for you.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Nov 2019 at 15:54

Thanks Lyn,

The correct term is cTurp according to Dr Google, not much difference to a normal turp op as far as I can see. Still not pleasant but an essential step forward for a continued quality of life I guess. 

Chris.