I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bazza blood

User
Posted 26 May 2020 at 13:47

Just had some rather salutary blood test results. Red blood count down from 3,330,000 to 2,800,000

leucocytes up from 10,680 to 13,650

Creatinine up from 13.4 to 16.9

cReactive protein up from 31.9 to a whopping 202.8

ferritine up from 272 to 978

scared doesn’t cut it.

User
Posted 26 May 2020 at 16:13
I wish I understood it all but I guess it doesn’t sound good and I understand your fear. Hopefully feedback will be quick. Hang on in there friend
User
Posted 26 May 2020 at 23:27

Bazza - like Chris, I don’t understand those blood results, but I feel your anger and fear and disappointment - Ulsterman 

User
Posted 26 May 2020 at 23:34

Sounds a bit scary but I guess there will be some way to treat the blood to improve the numbers for you again.  Will you find out what can be done soon? I hope that there is something to return things to more acceptable levels. I really feel for you Bazza.

My oh is having another blood test tomorrow. Today is the first day for over 5 weeks that he has eaten without being sick. We are hoping that this is an indication that the creatinine levels are stable.

I feel as if we are living parallel lives especially with the length of time you have both had pc and the similarity with kidney issues.

Wishing you all the best - still Spartacus. 

User
Posted 27 May 2020 at 01:06
Oh Bazza, these numbers are not good but your body is fighting - possibly fighting itself but still fighting. If it is any consolation, Dad's CRP went over 600 but then came back down slowly - is this definitely the cancer progression? No possibility of a major infection? And how are you apart from sh*t scared? Are you mobile at all? How is the odema?

Thinking about you from afar x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 12:32

Latest bloods indicate rapid kidney failure, with days to live or poss a few weeks. At least I’ve been spared a lengthy period of agonising bone pain and have been assured I will just get weaker and slip into a coma. Well, it looks like my long race has been run, from undetectable PSA post surgery to date, almost 11 years. I’ll take that. Thank you all to those who’ve helped over the years and no doubt I’ll see brothers soon who have passed before me for a pint.

its been a journey and a battle, two expressions I hate - but it has been. 58 is no age to die though.

Goodnight all

bazza

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 13:31

Bazza

So sorry to read this, thinking of you both.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 14:02
I hope this isn’t the end friend , but if it is I can’t thank you enough for your support over the years and will miss you. I agree about the long bone pain thing. I can’t imagine how you both feel. Save a bottle of red or two Bazza
User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 14:25
Keep posting for as long as you can Bazza - I am not ready yet to say goodbye x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 14:39

Dear Bazza,

I’ve read your posts since I joined the site. You have supported, me made me laugh, cry and over the years helped me support me man through his treatments and times. 

Your skilful writing helped, well crafted words can be powerful, that gift you certainly have. 

“Its not the fights you dream of, but the ones you really fought.

its not just what your given, but what you do with what you’ve got”

words from a song by Si Kahn 

My thoughts are with you, and your family.

Thank you Bazza

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 16:28

I have no words to say how sorry I am at your situation now. I hope you can find peace and have some pleasure over the time left to you.

I found some comfort when my mum died of lung cancer some years ago knowing that ultimately she had " killed" the cancer when she passed. One day there will be a cure for all cancers sadly it's not soon enough for so many of us.

All my best wishes

Ann

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 17:25

Hi Barry,

Thinking of you. 

Your frankness and honesty are so refreshing .

To quote Oscar W. :

In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.

Gordon

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 19:09

Your skilful writing and detail In your experience has been so well received Bazza.

I only became aware of this site when I experienced recurrence in 2016 after being undetectable post surgery in 2015. You and many others have been immensely helpful and inspirational. I hope in a small way I have been able to assist people on this site and that is down to the expertise and willingness to help from others like you.

You and your good lady are very much in my thoughts.

Ido4

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 19:53

Oh bazza, we'll miss you. I'm glad I've found a way to read historic posts, I'll re-read many of yours from the past when I need inspiration. Some are wise, some are funny, some are sad. X

Dave

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 20:54

I can't tell you how sad your latest post has made me feel. I do hope that you still have many more days of sunshine and love to enjoy.

58 is far too young and I pray that you do still have time left to enjoy more sunny days and all the beautiful things around you. 

I hope your lady will be comforted by all the love and support you have on this site.

I will be thinking of you both in the days to come and write again if you feel you can.

Sending a good few virtual hugs.

Gill x

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 08:44
Bazza I am sorry to hear your news. All along you while you struggled you have been an inspiration to the rest of us. I am one of the lucky ones and hoping it stays that way for a long time. But stories like yours shows me what a nasty disease this is and many are not as fortunate as I am. I will be praying for you in your remaining time with us.
User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 08:48

Hi Bazza

So so sorry to hear your latest news, stay strong keep fighting, you mean an awful lot to all on this site.

Carl

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 10:12

Bazza, you are a wonderful man and you are in my thoughts and prayers .

Pete.

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 10:22

Morning Bazza,  

I am truly sad to hear you are at this stage of your life way too soon and pray that your pain is under control and that you have had a peaceful night with your wife by your side.

I hope you have many more weeks to reminisce with your wife and family about precious times and memories you have shared together.

Thinking of you all, God bless.

Angexx

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 17:44
Hi Bazza

Sorry to hear this news.

You are a brave man and you have fought well.

P

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 19:24

My husband is just starting out on this journey.....so saddened to read your update 🌹

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 20:16

Bazza,

Really hope you get a bounce back - we're all willing it!

Flexi

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 20:52
Bazza

You are inspiring and have helped so many so much with your posts. I am no where near where you are with Pca and maybe or even probably never will be.

You say the cancer will be the victor but it won't. When we die of cancer it dies with us, but we live on in the memories of those we leave behind and those we have helped or influenced. The good you have done in this world can not be undone so Bazza you will be the victor (you are Spartacus).

I hope your remaining time is as comfortable and as long as possible.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 30 May 2020 at 00:02
Barry, very sad to read this but I truly hope I have your strength when I reach the end of the road.

Thinking of you and your wife

Bri

User
Posted 30 May 2020 at 00:50

Dearest Bazza, 

I am truly lost for words. I send you and your partner all the love in the world. 

You are a remarkable man and your memory will be cherished by everyone. 

Vicky xx 

Broken crayons still colour 

User
Posted 30 May 2020 at 01:34

Bazza

So sorry to read this and though I don’t know you I am willing a bounce back. You can read from everyone’s words this community are not ready to lose you let alone your wife and family. You have touched many people in sharing your journey and for me your words are an important reminder to live life and hold my own husband close tonight. Sometimes we need that reminder and I thank you for that as well as all your words Clare

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 20:01
Bazza

Not having it mate.

Test results and prognoses are not the be all and end all

Please promise me that you will send a posting in a month’s time !

Nobody deserves to die at 58!

Stay strong dude

All the best

Ray and Bel

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 20:06
Hi Bazza, been thinking about you a lot over the last few days. Hoping for a miracle for you.

Stay strong my friend.

User
Posted 03 Jun 2020 at 05:59

Bazza
thats a wonderful post,
Take care 
Love to you both