I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dad just diagnosed. Need advice

User
Posted 06 Aug 2021 at 22:37

Hopefully you will feel better in a few days time. Sounds v uncomfortable.

They have put dad on virtual polyp clinic for surveillance. No idea why as there was no mention of polyps on the report. Maybe to be on safe side as he had RT. Macmillan were unsure too.

User
Posted 12 Aug 2021 at 15:54

The pathology results for dads endoscopy shows "epithelial changes indefinite for dysplasia" in one of the biopsy. He already has Barret's Esphogues.

They want him to up his meds and go back for another endoscopy in January so they can take further biopsies.

If dysplasia is confirmed then i am guessing they treat this, as this is pre cancer cells. Im not too sure what all this means but can't believe something else has come up! Its stressful enough dealing with one type of cancer,  let alone worrying about the risk of another.. although i know many people have multiple primary cancers.

Just feeling crappy today

User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 09:12

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hopefully you will feel better in a few days time. Sounds v uncomfortable.

They have put dad on virtual polyp clinic for surveillance. No idea why as there was no mention of polyps on the report. Maybe to be on safe side as he had RT. Macmillan were unsure too.

Give Dad my regards, it sounds like his problems are worse than mine!

Chin up. Bob

User
Posted 20 Oct 2021 at 21:16

Hello!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I think i totally forgot to post dad's PSA results in August. It was <0.01. Same as the previous one, so that is good news. Next one is in March. Fingers crossed.

He is having another endoscopy in January for the Barrett Esophagus to check if the biopsy still shows pre cancer cells. If so, they will treat it.

He is doing well. Still very active. Hot flushes are still there but the episodes are shorter. 

Day at a time hey!

User
Posted 20 Oct 2021 at 23:17

Hi SR12, good to hear from you. Nice PSA result.

Dave

User
Posted 20 Oct 2021 at 23:24

Thank you Dave, hopefully it continues. How are you doing? Keeping well?

User
Posted 21 Oct 2021 at 13:17
Thats good news, my Sigmanoscopy in the 12th Nov - next blood test beginning of Dec.
User
Posted 21 Oct 2021 at 16:45

Yes, I am doing fine. I am glad to say nothing exciting happening with this cancer, which is good. Next PSA December, hoping it is uneventful.

Dave

User
Posted 21 Oct 2021 at 21:53

Glad to hear you are both well Bob and Dave. You both have your next PSA's in December! Please keep us posted with the results. Glad to hear nothing exciting is happening with the cancer lol! 

Bob.. is this the follow up Sigmanoscopy? 

Dad's one showed a slight tear which has healed now so no more blood... For now!

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 22:43

Spoke too soon! Dad said he had some blood from bowels today. Typical hey! He has been straining, so shall monitor it for now.