I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Side effects of enzalutamide

User
Posted 15 Sep 2020 at 11:06

P has been on enzalutamide since June, and has been getting a good deal of fatigue. In addition, these last 3 weeks he's had really bad "indigestion"/gastritis - neither of us had much sleep last night, he was in real pain with trapped wind in his back. He's been put on lanzoprazole, which he's had in the past when his stomach has been bad, but I'm not sure it's doing as much this time, despite being on twice his previous dose. Is it normal to get gastritis from enzalutamide? How would we know if he's really not tolerating the enzalutamide? He had bloods done yesterday, and I gather his PSA is down to 5, and he has a phone call from the chemo nurse due this afternoon.

User
Posted 17 Sep 2020 at 08:46

I can't answer this, but just pinging it back to the top for observability.

User
Posted 17 Sep 2020 at 11:06

We're still trying to find out the cause of his stomach problem - but blood tests have shown he's low on folate and possibly also B12; more blood tests to follow, and phone contact to come from the GPs. 

User
Posted 17 Sep 2020 at 19:51

Hi

my husband is on exzalutamide and as yours is having every side effect !! His psa has dropped to 25 , but the fatigue is horrendous any little activity wipes him out .  He was also on folate acid but his hb dropped to 7.5 so he had a transfusion yesterday . I think he was hoping this would give him a new lease .. not yet . Crossing fingers the bone mets have not infiltrated the marrow . 

User
Posted 18 Sep 2020 at 12:10
Hi - my husband has also been on Enzalutamide since June but luckily he has had very few side affects. He takes the tablets around 5.30pm each day and does tend to nod off around 7 or 8pm for a little while but other than that all seems fine - he even still works 2 days a week although he is past retirement age! His last PSA test done 3 weeks ago showed a drop to 0.28. No gastritis and no significant fatigue. I hope his problems are sorted soon.

All the best

User
Posted 18 Sep 2020 at 14:58

Yes, let's hope so, jujubirtles. My partner also has bone mets. I'm wondering if some of the fatigue relates to the low folate level - his GP is looking into that. The chemo nurse reckoned his blood tests with them were fine.

Edited by member 18 Sep 2020 at 15:02  | Reason: Not specified