I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incontinence post surgery

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 14:19

I had a robotic radical prostatectomy in April 2019 and although the level of my incontinence post surgery has improved I now have stress incontinence which is difficult to live with. I continue to do my pelvic floor exercises regularly but don’t seem to improve. Can anyone offer any advice please?

User
Posted 09 Apr 2021 at 21:54

Mike 

I can't offer any quick fix advice as my experience was different to yours. Difficult in the current covid situation but you probably need referring back to your urologist for some bladder function tests. 

Two years post surgery you may be considered for additional treatment but not sure if stress incontinence would qualify for additional treatment. 

Sorry can't be more help.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Apr 2021 at 22:52
I think starting point is to ask your GP for a referral to the incontinence clinic - also make sure you are doing pelvic floor exercises correctly. Doing PFEs incorrectly can be worse than not doing them at all.

If it is stress incontinence and you have control most of the time, that suggests no mechanical damage from the RP.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Apr 2021 at 22:53
What exactly do you mean by stress incontinence?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard