I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Biopsy after effects

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 18:22

My husband is concerned at the blood he sees in his urine a week after the Prostate biopsy. He will not phone the surgery to ask a doctor so I am asking on this forum . He also has dried blood in his semen . He is very depressed about it as he found the whole process of the biopsy very hard to cope with. We havent had the results from the biopsy yet.They discovered he has a very enlarged prostate and were investigating a shadow seen on the MRI scan.

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 18:35
It's normal - someone should have warned him. The more he ejaculated the quicker that will clear up. In terms of urine, a tiny amount of blood can really look like a gush when diluted in urine.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 18:53
As above all normal. Didn’t have it in urine although warned , but plenty in semen for a while. Just need a discreet condom removal.
User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 19:17
I had virtually no bleeding after my initial TRUS biopsy, but I bled like a stuck pig after my subsequent template biopsy. Far more samples taken, so more wounds, I guess.

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 23:42

Transperineal biopsy aftermath:

Pissing razor blades for the first two micturitions on the ward before I discharged myself the afternoon after my morning biopsy.

Occasional pink urine and blood clot lumps passed for a week or so after, as well as strawberry coloured semen and occasional blood clots ejaculated for about three weeks.

All in all, no problem at all (except I was diagnosed with cancer as a result), apart from a bloody big purple, yellow and blue bruise on my perineum which they had used as a pin-cushion for 42 needles!

Most unsightly, but who looks up there anyway, apart from the water in your lavatory?

Three years cancer-free now anyway.

Best of luck in your case.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 28 Apr 2021 at 06:56  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 18:35
It's normal - someone should have warned him. The more he ejaculated the quicker that will clear up. In terms of urine, a tiny amount of blood can really look like a gush when diluted in urine.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 18:51
Absolutely no reason for him to be depressed; what he's seeing is entirely normal, and the hospital really should have explained this. You can get a small amount of blood in urine for several weeks after a biopsy. I found that when I moved my bowels the next time I urinated it would be very bloody - presumably the pressure exerted made the prostate bleed more.

Blood in semen can last for a couple of months, but it will gradually fade away. It should be dead blood - brown sauce, not tomato sauce!

Don't worry. This is normal.

All the best,

Chris

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 18:53
As above all normal. Didn’t have it in urine although warned , but plenty in semen for a while. Just need a discreet condom removal.
User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 19:17
I had virtually no bleeding after my initial TRUS biopsy, but I bled like a stuck pig after my subsequent template biopsy. Far more samples taken, so more wounds, I guess.

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 23:42

Transperineal biopsy aftermath:

Pissing razor blades for the first two micturitions on the ward before I discharged myself the afternoon after my morning biopsy.

Occasional pink urine and blood clot lumps passed for a week or so after, as well as strawberry coloured semen and occasional blood clots ejaculated for about three weeks.

All in all, no problem at all (except I was diagnosed with cancer as a result), apart from a bloody big purple, yellow and blue bruise on my perineum which they had used as a pin-cushion for 42 needles!

Most unsightly, but who looks up there anyway, apart from the water in your lavatory?

Three years cancer-free now anyway.

Best of luck in your case.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 28 Apr 2021 at 06:56  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 15:00
Thanks everyone. I have read your replies to my husband and he has been reassured. He gets too worried to do the research so I do it for him!