I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

information about penis pump

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 18:22

Hello, I use BathMate pump. I've read several studies that recommend using a pump every day for 10 minutes each days.The manufacturer recommends 3 sets of 3 minutes with 2 minutes recovery, by day. Should I fellow the manufacturer's recommendations or those of the studies ? I stop pumping when the penis is at the length of an erection before my prostatectomy ? Thanh you

User
Posted 26 Feb 2022 at 08:45

Yes, it can feel very good! In fact, now two and a half years post-robotic surgery, erections with my pump can be supplemented by actually bringing on an orgasm  -  odd, when (of course) nothing emerges! But can give your pelvic floor muscles a special little workout!  But generally, as has been said elsewhere, the main purpose is to give the penile circulation a good boost now and again, and that's what the pump does, no matter how often or seldom you use the device.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 18:22

Hello, I use BathMate pump. I've read several studies that recommend using a pump every day for 10 minutes each days.The manufacturer recommends 3 sets of 3 minutes with 2 minutes recovery, by day. Should I fellow the manufacturer's recommendations or those of the studies ? I stop pumping when the penis is at the length of an erection before my prostatectomy ? Thanh you

User
Posted 10 Feb 2022 at 17:25
No one has replied, which probably mean they don't use that type of pump (neither do I) rather than being unhelpful.

Short answer, when I was in that position I read up the studies and concluded that no one had looked at different regimes in sufficient detail. 3x3 minutes isn't very different from 10, I have seen suggestions it might be helpful to do it as a series of shorter pumps to ensure drawing new blood into the penis (one of the believed benefits is oxygenation of the erectile tissue) but not experimental evidence.

User
Posted 10 Feb 2022 at 18:24
I’m 6 1/2 yrs on ! I’ve used my pump religiously since 10 weeks after the operation , probably 3 times per week just to get a full erection and hold it for 10 mins. These days I just use it each time I shave at the sink. It is crucial to maintain pump use at this level to give you the best chance of maintaining penile health and shape and erectile function , unless of course you are extremely lucky and regain normal function naturally. It doesn’t matter what model you use for this simple rehab, but professional pumps are better if needed for full sex.

Good luck

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 09:55

For my first year I used my pump very much like the others who have replied, although it is a Vacurect not a Bathmate. I agree that 3 x 3 minutes is little difference from 10 minutes. The main thing is keeping those tissues regularly filled with blood at least every couple of days. Somebody estimated that until nocturnal automatic erections return, we miss about 2000 erections a year!

Once I could supplement the pumped erections by stroking I did so. That felt helpful as it it means the blood going into the erectile tissues is all arterial blood rather than the mix that is "sucked" in by the vacuum device. And it feels good.

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 14:03
It is about the purpose of the pump - generally speaking, Bathmate is marketed to men who can get erections but would like to be bigger or to last longer. It is also a lot cheaper than a therapuetic pump. Therapeutic pumps such as SomaErect, Farnhurst, etc., are marketed to men with ED who will need to use restriction rings for penetration.

Follow the instructions for your device rather than what you have read about other people with different devices.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Feb 2022 at 17:25
No one has replied, which probably mean they don't use that type of pump (neither do I) rather than being unhelpful.

Short answer, when I was in that position I read up the studies and concluded that no one had looked at different regimes in sufficient detail. 3x3 minutes isn't very different from 10, I have seen suggestions it might be helpful to do it as a series of shorter pumps to ensure drawing new blood into the penis (one of the believed benefits is oxygenation of the erectile tissue) but not experimental evidence.

User
Posted 10 Feb 2022 at 18:24
I’m 6 1/2 yrs on ! I’ve used my pump religiously since 10 weeks after the operation , probably 3 times per week just to get a full erection and hold it for 10 mins. These days I just use it each time I shave at the sink. It is crucial to maintain pump use at this level to give you the best chance of maintaining penile health and shape and erectile function , unless of course you are extremely lucky and regain normal function naturally. It doesn’t matter what model you use for this simple rehab, but professional pumps are better if needed for full sex.

Good luck

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 09:55

For my first year I used my pump very much like the others who have replied, although it is a Vacurect not a Bathmate. I agree that 3 x 3 minutes is little difference from 10 minutes. The main thing is keeping those tissues regularly filled with blood at least every couple of days. Somebody estimated that until nocturnal automatic erections return, we miss about 2000 erections a year!

Once I could supplement the pumped erections by stroking I did so. That felt helpful as it it means the blood going into the erectile tissues is all arterial blood rather than the mix that is "sucked" in by the vacuum device. And it feels good.

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 14:03
It is about the purpose of the pump - generally speaking, Bathmate is marketed to men who can get erections but would like to be bigger or to last longer. It is also a lot cheaper than a therapuetic pump. Therapeutic pumps such as SomaErect, Farnhurst, etc., are marketed to men with ED who will need to use restriction rings for penetration.

Follow the instructions for your device rather than what you have read about other people with different devices.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Feb 2022 at 08:45

Yes, it can feel very good! In fact, now two and a half years post-robotic surgery, erections with my pump can be supplemented by actually bringing on an orgasm  -  odd, when (of course) nothing emerges! But can give your pelvic floor muscles a special little workout!  But generally, as has been said elsewhere, the main purpose is to give the penile circulation a good boost now and again, and that's what the pump does, no matter how often or seldom you use the device.