I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Is this the end?

User
Posted 20 Mar 2022 at 22:58

After being diagnosed last July, a turp, HT, chemo from Oct to Jan 2022, a recent nephrostomy we have been told the treatment hasn't worked and the cancer has spread significantly in Sid's liver, spine, lymph nodes and kidney. The only tumours that shrunk were in his lungs. Sid has been having radiotherapy and is now under a palliative care team from the local hospice and was due a liver biopsy next week as Onco believes he has another type of prostate cancer. He is now back in hospital with a possible infection but is so weak and unwell we are now deciding is it worth carrying on. We had hoped for a couple of years but his decline has been so rapid we are totally lost.... is there any benefit to more treatment?

Thanks

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 02:40

Bridie, I'm sorry to hear how things are going. I don't know is the answer. It has to be said the treatments haven't worked, I don't know if anything else like enzalutamide is possible. I hate to say it but there may be a time when fighting just isn't worth it. 76 is young by modern standards, but I am watching an acquaintance of mine who is 84 progressing in to dementia, so you have to be realistic about how long you want to live for.

Dave