Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Flying

User
Posted 25 Apr 2022 at 20:14

Good evening all . 

I’ve just joined after my biopsy’s 7 days ago . 

Please can anyone tell me if it’s safe to fly long haul to the U S A 8 days after my 12 samples biopsy which was under a local . 
im feeling fine with no problems apart from my  tomato red ketchup sperm which I now understand is quite normal and will disappear . 

Thank you in advance . 

User
Posted 25 Apr 2022 at 22:18

You should be fine. I am not a medic, but I have had a biopsy.

These are the only things I can think as being a problem:

Change in air pressure unlikely to be a problem.

Deep vein thrombosis, I can't imagine an increased risk. But get out of your seat occasionally.

Sepsis: was it transrectal biopsy? If so there is risk of this, but I think you would have it within 48 hrs.

What is the situation with your travel insurance. If I were going to Europe I wouldn't be very worried, in US I might be worried. Do the insurers know you have suspected cancer? I really think they would love to use that as an excuse for not paying out, if you have a car accident.

Dave

User
Posted 26 Apr 2022 at 05:11

Thank you Dave 

and good morning . 

yes it was a Trus biopsy and no complications after either  and reasonably fit as go to the gym regular but not since the biopsy’s. 

No I haven’t informed the insurance yet as technically I haven’t been diagnosed yet but looks a racing cert to be after my psa scores and MRI scans show localised and pirads of 5 and 4  so they should be in by about the time of my return in a couple of weeks (12/5/22) maybe I should inform them of suspected prostrate cancer but I’d assume they would just omit that off the policy and say sorry you’re not covered for that . 

it’s more a visit to my daughter whom I’ve not visited for over 2 yrs since covid  ( who lives there ) than a holiday as if it comes back positive then I don’t think I’d be making that trip anytime soon again . 

Thank you 

Rob 

User
Posted 26 Apr 2022 at 07:50

You can explicitly ask your insurance company to exclude prostate cancer, but if you don't tell them a material fact they will invalidate the whole policy, irrespective of the nature of the claim. There are some legal technicalities which would help you, and a good lawyer could help, but you would still lose as the insurance company can afford top class lawyers.

So either tell them, or just accept your not insured and be a bit careful crossing the road.

Dave