Show search

Notification

Error

Cushions

User
Posted 19 Feb 2023 at 13:28

Help!!!

I'm 2 weeks post op, TWOC tomorrow.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good cushion, and also any advice on sitting positions, from you fine people.

Thanks

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 07:56

W, good luck with the TWOC, I always made sure I was hydrated before getting to the hospital. My thoughts were better to leak than have a catheter put back in because I couldn't pass urine.

Again I always took a towel and waterproof cover for the car seat just in case, I never needed it but better to have it than want it.

As regards the cushion, I never found the need for one and never had an issue with discomfort when sitting. 

Hope you get this before your appointment.

Thanks Chris 

Ps Relax at the TWOC and  mine were quite painless, if the catheter does get stuck ask for the consultant to attend.

Edited by member 20 Feb 2023 at 08:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 08:47

I did have some discomfort in the perineum when when seated when the catheter was in place. Once it was removed I was fine. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 07:56

W, good luck with the TWOC, I always made sure I was hydrated before getting to the hospital. My thoughts were better to leak than have a catheter put back in because I couldn't pass urine.

Again I always took a towel and waterproof cover for the car seat just in case, I never needed it but better to have it than want it.

As regards the cushion, I never found the need for one and never had an issue with discomfort when sitting. 

Hope you get this before your appointment.

Thanks Chris 

Ps Relax at the TWOC and  mine were quite painless, if the catheter does get stuck ask for the consultant to attend.

Edited by member 20 Feb 2023 at 08:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 08:47

I did have some discomfort in the perineum when when seated when the catheter was in place. Once it was removed I was fine. I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.