I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Anyone using the NHS supplied vacuum pump called – “Manual Erection System”

User
Posted 30 Mar 2023 at 18:14

Does anyone have any experience of using an NHS supplied vacuum pump called – “Manual Erection System” manufactured by the company -  Medintim ?

https://www.medintim.de/en/products/erectile-dysfunction/manual-erection-system/

I got one last week from the ED Cliinc and not sure it’s working correctly?

Some background - I have been using a SOMAerect Response pump successfully for the last 18 months for rehab (purchased by myself) - full erection achieved with minimal fuss and thankfully no trapped testicle in the tube like others have mentioned in previous posts !!, would never say the process is pleasant, its quite brutal to be fair but it works well.  Unfortunately I have never managed to use the supplied tension rings with any real success so using it for intercourse has been a bit of a flop – pardon the pun :-) . So i have given up bothering and use if purley for rehab.

I mentioned this to my GP at my last review and he suggested an appointment with the ED nurse at the hospital as I’d missed out on one after my RP surgery due to the Covid lockdowns.

Appointment came through quickly, I attended and the nurse said the creams/pellets/injections would be worth a try , but he did suggest I try a different pump system first as I may find that one more suitable. So I left with a shiny new “Manual Erection System”

The rings with the new Manual kit are much softer and way more comfortable than the rather brutal ones supplied with the SOMA kit,  but weirdly even though they are softer these new ones seem to maintain the erection much better/longer. Plus the size & shape of the new tube and the tiny ridge on the bottom of it make loading and transferring the ring much easier and with much less of “twang” !

So all good with the new pump - but unfortunately I seem to have an issue with actually pumping the air out in the first place to create the important vacuum.

The old SOMA unit was dead easy to use - bit of lube on the seal, 5 slow pumps, wait 20 seconds, 5 more slow pumps, wait 20 seconds and so on. A good seal and vacuum was created after the initial 2-3 pumps and things started swelling soon after.

With the new one getting all the air out to create that initial seal/vacuum appears to be a real problem, leading me to think I may have a faulty one, but I’m not sure it can be as once the seal/vacuum is eventually created its airtight and works real well.  However, the fact I have to initially - very vigorously pump the lever with some speed to create that initial vacuum just doesn’t seem right and it certainly adds nothing to the romance as I’m frantically clacking away in the bathroom trying to get it to work. (Seal is good, ive shaved correctly)

So if you have one , is yours the same ? Is this just how it works ?

Im guessing it might just be the pay-off for the more “gentle“ way it creates the erection i.e. each single pump with the new unit removes much less air than a single pump would do with the SOMA unit , but this in turn makes creating the initial vacuum more difficult ??

Thanks

Edited by member 30 Mar 2023 at 22:34  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 13:49

Hello there, Felipe Smith!
Let me share my personal experience with the vacuum pump described in https://www.medintim.de/en/products/erectile-dysfunction/manual-erection-system/

I have no prostate cancer; I am only a 68 year old patient with type II diabetes and severe erectile dysfunction for several years.
The first vacuum pump I could get with "serious purposes" to rehabilitate my sex life, was identical to the Medintin you mean. ¡ It never worked as I hoped!

Negative pressure is never enough to achieve a good erection that allows you to perform a satisfactory sexual relationship. In addition, aspiration of scrotal tissue was frequent, something very annoying. The rings provided in the kit were also inappropriate: the silicone is too flexible, does not retain erection and breaks shortly after use.

For a long time I used a custom "collage" with accessories from different pumps to make sex with an excellent erection. I have become a veteran in the use of vacuum therapy, it has not been easy. These are constant tests and errors until satisfactory results are achieved. The key to using a penis pump is in the good quality and effectiveness of the rings, more than in the pump itself!

I now use a SOMAerect STF from Augusta. The result is much better. Keep using SOMAerect!
Hugs from Buenos Aires.

Edited by member 05 Apr 2023 at 15:43  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 20:31

Excellent  contribution. It is very satisfying for me and should be confidence inspiring in men who are dealing  with ED for any reason at all, that I agree with everything Edgardo, who is very experienced, is saying. I particularly agree with him that the best rings are those which come with SOMAerect pump. I first used this pump 12 years ago, both the mechanical and the battery operated versions. When my electric pump failed I could not replace it with the same so I changed to Encore electric and now I am using PRIMUS electric  but still use SOMAerect rings. Soon after I started using SOMAerect I found that the small ring was too small and the large one was too large to retain an erection for long enough. The medium size was the best but still I could not maintain a strong erection for long enough. Then I decided to use a medium and a large ring together, with the small one at the base of the penis and the large one at the top of that. Often I use a split medium ring instead of the large one, thereby not having to purchase large ones.

I like to advise other men seeking to use vacuum pumps to purchase a conventional pump like SOMAerect, Encore or PRIMUs rather than other unconventional designs which are heavily advertised, difficult to use, messy (because they require a large amount of lubricant), difficult to operate and difficult to remove the penis from the pump without losing vacuum. Also they do not allow the use of two rings. Some pumps do not have safety buttons to release the vacuum, Just in case your penis becomes painful -  an important factor. 

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 21:44

Thank you Mr. Pratap Mehta for the comment!

I haven’t actually tried all the constriction rings offered by the SOMAerect STF kit. I use the manual version of this pump. But I continue to use the silicone rings that I acquired years ago with a local supplier, who unfortunately has died and stopped producing the erector pump as well as all the accessories!

I still maintain with extreme zeal and care the eight original rings made by that businessman. All have the same measurements, there is no variation, but they are well enough made to work without cracks or breaks. I sometimes use two rings, because I noticed that the erection "goes down" a little after eight to ten minutes. This happens by a bad maneuver when sliding the ring from the cylinder to the base of the penis: you always lose some pressure! With SOMAerect this inconvenience does not arise! The current cost of the pump is u$s 249.95, not including shipping.

Unfortunately I do not see in this forum the possibility of illustrating the posts and testimonies with photographs, which would be very useful for forceful visual demonstrations.

I only tried the largest of Augusta’s three non-transparent rings, assembled in cylinder C and with the largest insert pad. The erection was good, but not the same as I get with the rings I already have in use from the previous pump. So I can say that I expect an intense work of exploration of possibilities with the rest of the equipment... .😃

I should say, at the risk of sounding a braggart, that prolonged use of vacuum pumps have markedly fattened my penis girth... not in length, but in diameter. This explains why I should use cylinder C, which is the largest.

I recommend using a lot of lubricant, whatever model and pump manufacturer you acquire!

I’ve sent a message to Mr. John Osbon (josbon@augustams.com) with some observations on the product, especially on the thickness of the rings provided with the SOMAerect STF, for my taste are too thin, have little thickness and has produced me an irritation at the base of the penis. The SOMAerect insertion cone is also too short and requires some experience in its correct handling requires manual force to insert the ring into the cylinder.

In short, I hope to contribute more personal testimonials about the use of vacuum therapy, which for me has been fantastic! I will be happy to answer any questions you want to anyone who requires it.

Thank you so much for reading!

PS: I apologize for the "bad translation" of these posts!
Maybe we can exchange knowledge: You teach me English language and I tell you more about the use and experiences with the vacuum pump!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Apr 2023 at 12:26

I attended my ED Clinic 4 weeks ago where they went through all forms of treatment,  I have got the SOMArect Resonse II pump which came with various rings.

I realised after reading the instructions that different rings were for different variations of pumps, once the pump was on I pumped 3 times waited 10 seconds on so on until I had a good erection.

I then slid on a constriction ring  pumped again to maximise strength  took the pump off and placed on a 2nd ring, this gave me enough strength of an erection to have intercourse.

This model of pump works for me but also understanding how to use the pump and rings.

User
Posted 03 Apr 2023 at 21:50

I have used various pumps over many years and in fact I have posted my survey of pumps at:

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t28948-Re-establishing-Sex-Life

which you guys may find useful. 

'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.'                    Richard Feynman (1918-1988) Nobel Prize laureate

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 13:49

Hello there, Felipe Smith!
Let me share my personal experience with the vacuum pump described in https://www.medintim.de/en/products/erectile-dysfunction/manual-erection-system/

I have no prostate cancer; I am only a 68 year old patient with type II diabetes and severe erectile dysfunction for several years.
The first vacuum pump I could get with "serious purposes" to rehabilitate my sex life, was identical to the Medintin you mean. ¡ It never worked as I hoped!

Negative pressure is never enough to achieve a good erection that allows you to perform a satisfactory sexual relationship. In addition, aspiration of scrotal tissue was frequent, something very annoying. The rings provided in the kit were also inappropriate: the silicone is too flexible, does not retain erection and breaks shortly after use.

For a long time I used a custom "collage" with accessories from different pumps to make sex with an excellent erection. I have become a veteran in the use of vacuum therapy, it has not been easy. These are constant tests and errors until satisfactory results are achieved. The key to using a penis pump is in the good quality and effectiveness of the rings, more than in the pump itself!

I now use a SOMAerect STF from Augusta. The result is much better. Keep using SOMAerect!
Hugs from Buenos Aires.

Edited by member 05 Apr 2023 at 15:43  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 20:31

Excellent  contribution. It is very satisfying for me and should be confidence inspiring in men who are dealing  with ED for any reason at all, that I agree with everything Edgardo, who is very experienced, is saying. I particularly agree with him that the best rings are those which come with SOMAerect pump. I first used this pump 12 years ago, both the mechanical and the battery operated versions. When my electric pump failed I could not replace it with the same so I changed to Encore electric and now I am using PRIMUS electric  but still use SOMAerect rings. Soon after I started using SOMAerect I found that the small ring was too small and the large one was too large to retain an erection for long enough. The medium size was the best but still I could not maintain a strong erection for long enough. Then I decided to use a medium and a large ring together, with the small one at the base of the penis and the large one at the top of that. Often I use a split medium ring instead of the large one, thereby not having to purchase large ones.

I like to advise other men seeking to use vacuum pumps to purchase a conventional pump like SOMAerect, Encore or PRIMUs rather than other unconventional designs which are heavily advertised, difficult to use, messy (because they require a large amount of lubricant), difficult to operate and difficult to remove the penis from the pump without losing vacuum. Also they do not allow the use of two rings. Some pumps do not have safety buttons to release the vacuum, Just in case your penis becomes painful -  an important factor. 

User
Posted 05 Apr 2023 at 21:44

Thank you Mr. Pratap Mehta for the comment!

I haven’t actually tried all the constriction rings offered by the SOMAerect STF kit. I use the manual version of this pump. But I continue to use the silicone rings that I acquired years ago with a local supplier, who unfortunately has died and stopped producing the erector pump as well as all the accessories!

I still maintain with extreme zeal and care the eight original rings made by that businessman. All have the same measurements, there is no variation, but they are well enough made to work without cracks or breaks. I sometimes use two rings, because I noticed that the erection "goes down" a little after eight to ten minutes. This happens by a bad maneuver when sliding the ring from the cylinder to the base of the penis: you always lose some pressure! With SOMAerect this inconvenience does not arise! The current cost of the pump is u$s 249.95, not including shipping.

Unfortunately I do not see in this forum the possibility of illustrating the posts and testimonies with photographs, which would be very useful for forceful visual demonstrations.

I only tried the largest of Augusta’s three non-transparent rings, assembled in cylinder C and with the largest insert pad. The erection was good, but not the same as I get with the rings I already have in use from the previous pump. So I can say that I expect an intense work of exploration of possibilities with the rest of the equipment... .😃

I should say, at the risk of sounding a braggart, that prolonged use of vacuum pumps have markedly fattened my penis girth... not in length, but in diameter. This explains why I should use cylinder C, which is the largest.

I recommend using a lot of lubricant, whatever model and pump manufacturer you acquire!

I’ve sent a message to Mr. John Osbon (josbon@augustams.com) with some observations on the product, especially on the thickness of the rings provided with the SOMAerect STF, for my taste are too thin, have little thickness and has produced me an irritation at the base of the penis. The SOMAerect insertion cone is also too short and requires some experience in its correct handling requires manual force to insert the ring into the cylinder.

In short, I hope to contribute more personal testimonials about the use of vacuum therapy, which for me has been fantastic! I will be happy to answer any questions you want to anyone who requires it.

Thank you so much for reading!

PS: I apologize for the "bad translation" of these posts!
Maybe we can exchange knowledge: You teach me English language and I tell you more about the use and experiences with the vacuum pump!