I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Penile implant question

User
Posted 06 May 2023 at 12:39

Good evening from Western Australia. A little about me. My husband was diagnosed 5 years ago at 46 (I was 42 at the time) with stage T2C pc. He actually lost his dad two days after biopsy results came in to pc. I also became an admin in two groups in Australia for the partners of gents with pc and also a support group for anyone touched by pc and wanting to connect. We have some files that our members can look at as a resource. I have been desperately trying to get information together regarding experiences with penile implant. Sadly in our groups I only had one response. This is a set of questions I would love to have some answers too. (I have taken questions about health insurance and costs out as that is Australia specific) . So these are the questions I would like answers too.   How long did you wait before taking this step? Are you happy with the results based on pre operation information and “promised expectation “ ? How much pain was involved post op? How long did you need a catheter? Did it create problems with  urinating in the long run? Any side effects? Are you happy now with the results x amount of years post op? Anything else that you experienced during this process that you thing is important to let others know that may consider this procedure? Did you get second opinion prior to surgery?   In what country did you have the procedure done? Ideally I would love to be able to compile the answers Anonymously under a section, personal experience. No names. Just answers as provided. The file would also contain  a couple of links to materials and videos that explain the procedure. If you have a problem with this post please let me know as I really do not want to upset anyone. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance  Esther

User
Posted 06 May 2023 at 12:49
Find the thread called "At last, my penile implant" posted by Ulsterman. It's an account of his implant "journey" and quite an eye-opener.

Best wishes,

Chris

User