I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Worried about rising PSA

User
Posted 09 Nov 2023 at 15:44

My husband diagnosed 2018 has been on Prostap 3 since March 2018. In 2022 his PSa started to rise getting to 1.2 they introducedBiculmatide in July 2022 his PSA fell to 0.4 but he started to rise again, September 23it was 0.7 today it was 0.9

I’m looking for advice as to what we should do next, continue to watch and wait or ask for some imagining.

Edited by member 05 Dec 2023 at 23:23  | Reason: Wrong year

User
Posted 10 Nov 2023 at 10:06

In 2018 they would not have considered stereotactic RT (SABR) to distant metastasis, but nowadays if there are only a few it is a potential treatment. With an initial diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer it is likely he has too many mets to treat. The scenario that is currently being treated with SABR is people diagnosed without mets, treated with curative intent but who then have a recurrence, imaging may then find a met which can be treated. 

It may be worth asking the oncologist if his 2018 diagnosis would nowadays be considered suitable for SABR? If that were the case then further imaging and SABR might still be on the cards. If he already had multiple mets in 2018 I can't think that further imaging will reveal anything useful.

I think the most likely scenario is to add in another medicine, like enzalutimide. 

Dave

User
Posted 12 Nov 2023 at 10:53

Thank you for your reply… it has spread outside of the prostate into the seminal vesicles and 3 micro dots on pelvis. He had chemo but no SABR