Notification

Error

Motorbike

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 11:07

After radical prostatectomy 

Practicalities of riding two up?

We use our bike 4-5 times a week

Go to the beach, go play tennis, small shopping trips, never more than 30kms, I bought a cb500x for the bigger suspension because my wife is 100kg (she gets on first, i struggle to get my leg over) therefore im thinking impossible afterwards also holding the bike up whilst reversing etc, do i need to change bike ?

If so for what? 

My op is in 1 year, I'm thinking it's better to change earlier so as to get used to a new bike

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 15:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I struggle to get my leg over)

Don"t we all mate.

User
Posted 01 May 2024 at 17:05

Six months after my Op, I was no more impeded than pre op and you're discouraged (banned as far as my surgeon was concerned) from riding for 4 months, so I'd wait and see.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 14:37

Have you thought about changing to a Trike? There are various kinds. I think the side by side arrangement is good as passenger gets a good view rather than seeing riders head on a one behind the other version. This sort of arrangement. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186414823151?itmmeta=01HWQJWWC36QEB90EX1HK1HACK&hash=item2b673076ef:g:mg4AAOSw-0pmKqA9
It must be remembered that a Prostatectomy is a magor operation so lifting or tugging should be seriously curtailed after it and only gradually resumed over about three or so months.

Edited by member 30 Apr 2024 at 14:43  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 15:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I struggle to get my leg over)

Don"t we all mate.

User
Posted 01 May 2024 at 17:05

Six months after my Op, I was no more impeded than pre op and you're discouraged (banned as far as my surgeon was concerned) from riding for 4 months, so I'd wait and see.