I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Swimwear for holidays

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 07:20

Next month I’m off on my first poolside holiday since my op last April. I still need a pad a day for security as I have occasional random leaks. Concerned about swimwear as I realise I can’t use pads in the pool and don’t want the faff of changing in and out of a pad before/ after going in pool. Kinda ruins the spontaneity of just jumping in to cool off if need be - bit like sex nothing spontaneous anymore! I’ve seen some trunks on line specifically for incontinence but wonder if there’s any other options like wearing washable incontinence briefs or similar underneath normal trunks. Your collective wisdom is welcome. Thanks

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 12:30

Thanks I’ve seen those trunks and may end up getting them. It’s more of a confidence thing. I don’t want to wander to the bar for something to eat/drink and suddenly develop a wet patch. As for the hosepipe suggestion that might attract some unwanted attention which could lead to disappointment- as my wife would say talking about padded bras! 

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 14:20

That's it mate! Thank you for putting me out of my searching misery. 😁

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 09:31

If you're only dribbling. Dribble in the pool. I'm sure over the holiday seasons thousands will.😁

I remember, when I was kid, the local swimming baths ringing up my Mum.

"Your son has been seen peeing in the pool"

"All children do.", she said.

"Not from the top board" they replied.

Joking apart there was a recent thread on swim wear. I'll see if I can find a link to it.

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 11:01

Hi MGOR I kind off agree with Adrian but I think even if you’re only dribbling occasionally you still wouldn’t want to be sat there in your shorts and a dribble to be evident….so perhaps dark coloured shorts….and just get straight in the pool or poolside shower to make sure they start off wet so no one will ever know! I think it’s doing this stuff for the first time that causes the anxiety.

My husband is a way behind you, had his op in January and still fully incontinent…we are off on our first hol abroad on Sunday (a med cruise) so we’ve bought the incontinence swim shorts …they are relatively expensive but he will get the wear out of them, thinking ahead to when he’s at your stage, when you’re on holiday you tend to drink more so leaks prob more likely!

Edited by member 09 May 2024 at 11:02  | Reason: Sp

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 11:20

Post prostatectomy, it's the lack of bulge that would worry me most. I think I'd have to get my wife to sew a  length of hosepipe in my Speedos.

I'm still looking for that link MGOR. It included a post from LynEyre regarding a couple of recommended outlets. I will find it eventually.🙂

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 12:18
User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 12:30

Thanks I’ve seen those trunks and may end up getting them. It’s more of a confidence thing. I don’t want to wander to the bar for something to eat/drink and suddenly develop a wet patch. As for the hosepipe suggestion that might attract some unwanted attention which could lead to disappointment- as my wife would say talking about padded bras! 

User
Posted 09 May 2024 at 14:20

That's it mate! Thank you for putting me out of my searching misery. 😁

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 21:09

My aunt had a similar situation after her surgery. She was really nervous about swimming, but she found some great solutions. She tried some washable incontinence briefs under her swimwear and they worked quite well. It gave her peace of mind and she could enjoy the pool without worry. Also, she found some stylish and comfortable swimwear at https://thedom.com/womens/clothing/swimwear that made her feel confident and at ease. I'd say give those options a try.

Edited by member 12 Jul 2024 at 15:44  | Reason: Not specified