I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Share experiences

User
Posted 25 Jul 2024 at 18:31

Hi, I'm 65 and recently had a PSA result of 28. No symptoms. Had an MRI where the consultant said it's grade 5, meaning a 70%+ chance of prostate cancer. Having a biopsy next week followed by a bone scan. MRI showed a lesion in the prostate.

Work has been very good, giving me time off for all appointments in the future.

There's so much info online and I really don't know what to expect.

I live alone and have no support network but am mentally strong.

Can anybody share their experiences after having a similar journey?

Thank you so much.

User
Posted 26 Jul 2024 at 10:11

Well my PSA was similar. It is probably best to click on my avatar and read my profile and latest news to get some ideas of my experiences. Some others put a lot on their profile and some others put nothing there.

Dave

User
Posted 26 Jul 2024 at 11:59

Hi ,

As Dave said you will find a lot of Members on here willing to help but you need to get your full diagnosis before we can comment as there are a few paths to consider depending on your levels.

The medical team will go through all your options and if you get more than one you can ask  the guys on here and they are all very friendly and willing to give you their thoughts.

I was offered Robotic surgery or Brachytherapy and preferred  Brachytherapy after reading up about it on here with help from the other members. If you have any questions please ask.

Regards John.

Edited by member 26 Jul 2024 at 12:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Jul 2024 at 17:23

Thanks, John.

User
Posted 26 Jul 2024 at 17:37

Although my final PSA number before treatment was "only" 6.1, like you I had no symptoms before finding out at age 63 that I had prostate cancer. My journey from start to finish can be found under my profile .

Ivan

User
Posted 26 Jul 2024 at 18:29

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Hi, I'm 65 and recently had a PSA result of 28. No symptoms. Had an MRI where the consultant said it's grade 5, meaning a 70%+ chance of prostate cancer. Having a biopsy next week followed by a bone scan. MRI showed a lesion in the prostate.

Hello Steve.

I'm sorry to see that you've join the forum, but I'm glad that you're here and had the bravery to post. You will get a lot of help, support and guidance from people here.

Your PSA level and Pi-Rads level suggest that you very likely have prostate cancer. If you have, the biopsy will tell you how aggressive that cancer is.

The goods news is, if it is cancer, it appears to be be a single lesion contained within the prostate capsule. Did your MRI scan give you a radiological cancer staging of T2?

When you get your biopsy results, clinicians will suggest a treatment plan to deal with it.

Please keep us updated with your results.

There is a recent conversation about someone with a similar PSA to yours:

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t30753-My-first-psa-reading-of-30

The history of my disease is on my profile

Best of luck mate.

Edited by member 26 Jul 2024 at 19:32  | Reason: Add link