Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<123

Mick's day of reckoning part 2

User
Posted 15 Jun 2014 at 15:13
Hi Mo, I see that you have been offering your support to everyone else but wondered how you are doing yourself, particularly as you get nearer to Mick's sail-away. Karen will have found today difficult I think. I will be off line for most of the next few days but you will all be in my thoughts.

Lyn x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Jun 2014 at 09:18
Today I will be out fighting more red tape i am convinced all this admin is a ploy to divert your mind to anything other than the funeral service. I have lost count of the number of departments, banks,solicitors et al that want original certificates, death,birth x 2,marriage,decree absolute x2 and Micks will. The solicitors acting on behalf of our bank have posted this recorded delivery and it has not arrived 5 days later. They are trying to track it as i type. Who in their right mind posts a document that is unique and irreplacable by any means other than registered or special delivery. There has to be a simpler and less upsetting way of dealing with all this.

Plans for the service aee now complete, i did have an oh b.....r moment yesterday when i realised i had not been in to pay the disbursements how awful would it be if everyone was gathered and Mick was detained for late payment! His character and stoicism will be very clear throughout a service that i truly believe will do my funny,courageous and fabulous man proud.

For those attending see you all there.

I am doing ok thanks Lyn just keeping busy and getting through the 17 day wait

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 17 Jun 2014 at 09:57

You will definately do Mick proud, Mo ! Yes, just the very time you don't want it., loads of red tape, Crazy !  Love and thoughts, Fiona.

User
Posted 17 Jun 2014 at 10:38
We were kept waiting at my nan's funeral because the undertaker hadn't paid the vicar, and he wouldn't start the service until he had been remunerated. Then he proceeded to get her name wrong - reminiscent of the scene in Boys From The Blackstuff.

Hope all goes to plan - I am sure you've done everything you can in the planning.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 17 Jun 2014 at 21:50
Been thinking of you Mo and not wanting to intrude.

It's funny, but I'm guessing the admin stuff keeps the mind and body busy during this awful time. That's not why they do it, but it does give you things to focus on.

Very much looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hugs

Love

Allison and John xxx

User
Posted 17 Jun 2014 at 22:38
Yes, Mo, you will definitely do Mick proud, I will be thinking of you, love Janet
User
Posted 18 Jun 2014 at 06:47
Grrr.... red tape

I know it will be a fitting tribute to Mick and your family and friends will be there to support you and to celebrate his life.

See you soon

Bri xx

User
Posted 18 Jun 2014 at 14:33

Red tape, it sometimes seems that it is deliberate , maybe they think its funny to have you running around in circles.  It will all get sorted for the day.

See you tomorrow Mo, lots of love as always.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 07:59
Hope all goes well today for you Mo, and all friends and family.

ATB

Dave

User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 08:21
Thinking of you today, Mo, love Janet
User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 08:25
Thinking of you and your family and friends today Mo. Best Wishes Sandra
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 09:43

Sending thoughts and love to you today,

Fiona x

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 09:10
Wow what a wonderful and very fitting last hoorah.

Micks final day of reckoning was a fabulous one full of laughter some tears but most of all an abundance of love.

Thanks to the Newark gang for being there to support me and my family and to Si for chauffeuring My SS Julie for the day. I don't think I have hugged and kissed and been hugged and kissed by as many people in my life.

My brother Jed delivered a tribute that brought the house down and the wake went on past Englands woeful performance until long after midnight.

A remarkable day for a wonderful man I will miss him every day for the rest of my life.

As will Karen my WSD who did an amazing job on the day as she has for the last 42 years I love her to bits

Xxxxxxx

Mo

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 10:12
Sounds like the kind of send off we'd all like. You have done him proud. Wish you and all the rest going to Leicester a wonderful time.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 11:06

Just amazing, Mo ! As you say, you will miss him always but what a send off !

Love, Fiona.

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 11:07
It was a wonderful, if sad at times, send off for a much loved man. It was a privilege to be there, in a crowd dressed for a BBQ, which I am sure Mick would have loved, and to hear the wonderful tributes to this man. Mo mentioned the Newark Group which enjoyed, too briefly, meeting, drinking and sharing with Mick some of his rich memories and stories. Mick, the Newark Group will meet to remember you at Lecicester and beyond, you will certainly never be forgotten you have made an impact on us all!

Edited by member 20 Jun 2014 at 16:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 14:08
Hello Mo,

So pleased that everything went off so well in a fitting tribute to a fine man. It is now time to think of yourself, life goes on and Mick would have wanted all that is best for you. It will be a privilege to meet up with you tomorrow and share a cuddle.

Take care

Barry (alias Barrington)

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 15:33
THANK YOU MO and Karen for a good send-off for Mick, he would have loved the music, Jed's words and us all dressed for a BBQ, A fitting tribute for a fighter.(It was a bit too much for Shirley, but we got her home safe.) We wouldn't have missed it for the world. Shirley is having a quiet day today so that she can look forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Let's hope it is another day like today, weather wise. Not too hot but just right, with plenty of sun for the photos!!

God Bless,

Chris and Shirley xxxx

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 16:13
Mick would be as proud and filled with love for you as you are for him. I wish you a big extra dose of that amazing strength you have already shown - strength and love (and the occasional battle with red tape) will get you through the next few days, weeks and years xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 17:55
You and Karen did him proud Mo and as Paul has said it was a privlage to be there. I loved the music choices and Jeds limericks were brilliant.

There was a real sense of love obviously tinged with sadness but it felt just right.

Mick knew you would get it just right and you did.

I also agree with Paul that his memory will live on through Leicester and beyond

See you tomorrow

Bri x

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 21:20

My SS,

Everything about Mick's day was just perfect, I can imagine that he was having a chuckle at everyone dressed in there bright casual clothes. The service , the music, Jed's limericks and Karen's very loving speech. Yes there were tears but the overriding feeling was warmth and love.

He would be so proud of you and Karen, oh and I nearly forgot the HAT a brilliant touch.

Thank you to Si for getting me there and back.  Have a lovely time at Leicester and give everyone a HUG from me.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON