I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Advanced prostat cancer part 2

User
Posted 31 Jan 2017 at 22:51
Oh Gosh Oh Dear I haven't been able to log on for days ( talk about withdrawal symptoms)

Seriously Guys I thought I had been Nominated I couldn't figure it out I thought I have said far worse in the past ! Honestly I have been much more near the knuckle ! I couldn't even log on to see what I might have said . That's it I thought there is no doubt I have been Nominated . Then of course it struck me like a thunder bolt would I have not got a letter in the post ,

So I have been nonchalantly hanging about by the post box of course not wanting to attract attention (which is hard when you are dressed in a red dressing gown with a hood).

Then that's when I had a breakthrough in my thinking I thought some one and you always get one would have messaged me through fb to say Jules I didn't want to tell you but you have been Nominated.

We have all got those friends that can't wait to tell you bad news , so that's when I thought ( you have to go with me on this thought process) I thought are they not saying anything because

A They don't want to give me bad news

B There isn't any bad news

C There is no forum it's all been a dream

D there has been a major C.... up with admin.

E Julie you have been Nominated and the letter hasn't arrived yet . πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

BFN

Julie X

Sorry not Nominated! ModeratedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by member 31 Jan 2017 at 23:01  | Reason: Not specified

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 31 Jan 2017 at 23:25

I suspect the rest of us would go on strike if anyone dared moderate you Julie - lovely to have you back. Thanks for the giggle!

Eleanor

x

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 01:44

Silly mare - you should have known that I would have been straight on to you ... bad news holds no fear for me :-/ 

Edited by member 01 Feb 2017 at 01:45  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 06:56

Maybe you could be nominated to stand in for Santa in your red dressing gown - what a laugh, thank you Julie

Molly xx

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 09:42

Another laugh from you Julie, I don't know how you do it.

I read through your post and was thinking "Nominated, nominated for what" and then decided you must have been waiting for a new years honour since you were also stalking the poor postman!!

I was relieved to get to the end of your post to see you meant moderated!!

That just ain't gonna happen girl. I'm sure that the moderators all understand what members in your situation are going through and make allowances.
I would also imagine that if it had been that bad they themselves would have emailed you to tell you they had removed your posts.

Rant away when the mood takes you, I know we all understand.

Love to you all, yourself and Trevor and the boys and the not so little puppies by now and the mummy dogs

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 14:24
SS you get nominated for best misuse of a word or best predicitve text upfcuk a bit like people get awarded for a Golden globe or an Emmy even an Oscar (Lord knows you deserve an award of some description.)

I remember once mis spelling a word on here in a response to one of those nasty troll people. It was such a shame because it was almost "Eyresque" in candour but unintentionally, in one finger stumble, it became rather more like Edward Lear and therefore totally missed the point. Sadly several people liked the post purely because they were still laughing at my mis spelling months later.

I do find it amusing when predictive text does its own thing and the author doesn't notice. For instancce the Queen banks with Coutts and Co but for ages her equery was writing to Coitus and Co. ...one wonders if it ever got interruptus!!

My bestie once meant to send a message saying "looking forward to seeing you" but actually sent "looking forward to swinging with you"

Such minor errors should be overlooked of course as we are all merely human. Nobody could moderate you sweet SS that would be like censoring Gordon Ramsay ...no fun at all

xxxx

Mo

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 15:43
I was getting withdrawal symptoms from not reading your post. Then when I read your comment about being nominated I thought hey that's great you must have been nominated for an oscar or some other award for a great outlook and sense of humour. Oh well perhaps not but you and your man certainly deserve one.
User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 22:29
So just a smidge more serious update and I can't believe the difference 6 weeks have made.

Not sure what to call him anymore , Turmeric Trev , Titanuim T, or just Mr Shamazing . Wow what a transformation 6 weeks ago he could barely walk even sitting up in bed was difficult.

Today just 6 weeks later he has been to B&Q ( pensioners day πŸ˜†) he said he was going for light bulbs I thought that's ok not to demanding even the fact that he can walk to the car and is driving is a minor miracle . Anyway he arrives back and nearly reversis into my picket fence , of course I said very sweetly ! Mind the fence Darling ! That is what I was trying to say but my inner fish wife took over and what I actually said was ! For F..... sake you have nearly crashed the f...... fence.

His answer I had to park as near as possible because I can't carry the door very far. I know you are the thinking the same as me ( he only went for light bulbs) .

So upshot is he forgot the light bulbs but we have a brand new bedroom door 🀠

The crowning glory was when I said what the hell are you doing , what are you thinking carrying a door ! His answer was I know I wanted white but they only had it in cream ! 😱

So there we are 2nd Raduim in and we have gone from severe pain and not able to stand to 6 weeks later carrying a door . Remarkable doesnt even come close.

Just had mid term HB results and up again so it's gone from

Appointment for his teeth extractions is 16th Feb it is going to be a day stay not sure how many teeth they will take out but any amount will make him more comfortable.

Cardio appointment for Papworth is 10th Feb

So things at last getting sorted.

It's all go isn't it.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 23:40

Brilliant x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 23:43

Fabulous update Julie. We're just back from the pub so the combination of a couple of pints with good friends, a good laugh, and the image of Trevor and his door will see me off to bed in a much jollier state that I would have thought possible.

Bless you!

E

x

User
Posted 01 Feb 2017 at 23:58

Julie this is wonderful news and long may it continue. It's just brilliant!

User
Posted 02 Feb 2017 at 09:17

Have run out of superlatives !!!!!

What a man

User
Posted 02 Feb 2017 at 10:03

Ah Julie, you've just given me my Strictly moment.

2 words:

FAB-U-LOUS darling!

User
Posted 02 Feb 2017 at 12:03

Hi Julie (our favourite nominee this year)http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

What a post about Trevor!

Sandra said exactly what I wanted to say - 'I've run out of superlatives'  - (Trevor has them all).http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

WHAT AN AMAZING TURNAROUND.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

Long may the good news keep coming.

Warmest wishes to you both,

George

User
Posted 03 Feb 2017 at 20:13
Julie I am so pleased to read you latest update, what a star

As for your update before that I am still trying to work it out πŸ˜„

Glad to see my running partner is up and running again

Love to the family

Si xx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 03 Feb 2017 at 22:53

Your an absolute tonic Julie! Wonderful news about Trevor the radium is obviously doing it's job along with Trevors fighting spirit, so good to hear.

Much love Molly xxx

User
Posted 08 Feb 2017 at 00:56
So here we are Raduim no 3 tucked under our belt and completed today. Cardiology tomorrow and day stay for teeth on the 16th it's all go here. That has just reminded me of when our calendar was crammed with fun excursions / party invites/ meals out/ etc etc and now it's like a list from a scene from Casualty.

Talking about excursions if anyone can bring up my post about the train journey and put the link here I will be ever so grateful πŸ˜‰I am not naming the two guys I am thinking about but S and C if you are reading πŸ€—πŸ˜

It's all about journeys isn't it that's why the train journey came into my mind , we are nearly 4 years into our journey ( a bloody miracle) I can't put into words how gobsmacked I am by that , it is just mind blowing after all that he has been through the highs the lows and there has been so many lows again probably more blue lights than Casualty.

Here we are almost 4 years into our journey and 4 weeks ago he could barely stand and today he has done the school run and then stopped at Tesco where he bought me a early Valentine gift / no wait for it , it was a giant bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps and this is the best bit a box of Mr Kipling special pink edition Fondant Fancies . 😍 What more could a woman ask for in life !

He knows how to tug at my heart strings .πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 08 Feb 2017 at 02:50
Hi Julie,

I hope everything continues to go well for Trevor. You are certainly married to a very special person who has continued to fight this dreadful disease inspite of having to cope with other health problems too. I'm sure the strength and the loving support you give him is the reason why he has done so well.

Thank you for all you do on this site to raise the spirits of all who read your posts. You probably may not realise the help that it gives us all.

Thanks.

Steve

Edited by member 08 Feb 2017 at 02:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Feb 2017 at 04:41

Well, you've had me laughing again Julie. What a man you have there.

He obviously does know the way to your heart (although I did think the stomach was the way to a MAN'S heart. You are obviously breaking that mould too)

I mean, to splash out on pink fondant fancies - what is he thinking of. What is he going to do for Valentines Day now to top that!!

User
Posted 08 Feb 2017 at 07:15

Your slightest wish, my dear, is my command:

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t9751p2-Advanced-prostat-cancer-part-2?=#post122611

Page down to 29 November 2014.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2017 at 12:27

Ah the infamous train journey post; one of the few times in my life I have cried.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2017 at 05:50

Oh my dear girl, I posted this for you yesterday but didn't read it at that time. I've just done so, it's wonderful.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2017 at 18:28
Julie I loved that poem then and even more now

Who would have thought back then in 2014 that in 2017 we would still be riding that train you sitting there with your pink fondant fancies and me staring at all the ticket windows thinking bugger that your can stick your treatment πŸ˜€

Would be nice once in a while to just step off and have a bit of our old life's back

Love to you all

Si xx

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 02:20
Thank you C for resurrecting my train journey post what a star ⭐️

Si I know how far we have come from those first early days and WoW you are doing so well as my dear old dad would have said ! Keep going my son ! Keep going!❀

So here we are on the eve of the teeth op, soups , yogurts, smoothies , jellies are stocked up we don't know how many teeth they will be able to extract . He has got to be there at 8.30 in the morning .

The plan is to only take as many teeth as they have to because of the healing issues and then to file down the bone growth . What a clucker this disease is Trevor has fought so hard and then to face this , it's just a double whammy.

He is petrified and I would be as well I have tried to offer reassurance but he doesn't want to talk about it he is to scared, . The procedure will be done under a local anaesthetic .

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 07:39

I hate that this is happening to Trevor. Just so unfair. Hope it all goes ok x

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 08:04
Good luck today Julie hope it all goes well

Si xx

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 08:25
Julie SS

Thinking of you and Trevor more so than normal today

I know Trevor will be very apprehensive but he will be far more comfortable soon, the mouth is a very fast healer. Here's hoping he will soon be woofing down tumeric laden goodies and putting some of the lost weight back on.

I'm up in the lakes walking for a few days now but will catch up when I get home.

All my love as always

xxxxx

Mo

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 09:06

Oh God, I feel sick for you ... I am terrified of the dentist. I will be thinking about it all day so update us as soon as you can x

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 09:48

Thinking of you all and wishing your wonderful man a speedy recovery

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 10:10
Hope all goes well. You say Trevor is scared, I think I would pass out from petrifaction, hate the dentists even just a check up. Will be sending good thoughts all day (as allwaysπŸ˜€)

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 11:18

Thinking of you both. Clucker is a serious understatement.

Love

Eleanor

xxx

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 14:20
Hi Julie,

So sorry to hear what Trevor is going through. It's awful. I hope it goes as well as it can and Trevor is ok.

Always thinking of you both even if I don't post as much as I used to.

Take care.

Steve

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 20:33

Hope it goes as well as it can. Thinking if you both.

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 21:52
Ok so he is home and in bed resting he has had soups / warm hot chocolate and oodles of TLC oh and rice pudding with custard.

So they removed 3 teeth ( this is going to be a very long and ongoing process) it was difficult to remove the teeth because of the bone growing around them the bone was gripping the teeth and apparently the new bone growth splinters if not done carefully. The bone growth had grown considerably since his last visit . Look away now if you are squeamish they then had to file the bone down . I can't imagine it !

He then had a huge blood loss because of his blood thinners for his heart, trousers and coat covered .

Next appointment to do it all again is in two weeks . Depending on how well the healing goes.

He has had a lump in his jaw for a while probably the size of a large marble that we and his dentist put down to the abscess but today they / they being head neck and throat department ( I am sure they have an Ology but I haven't got to grips with it yet) want an MRI done .

So after all of the drama I would like to add a little song.

My Guy.

I won't do all of the versus because hey I've got soups to make / children to sort / dogs to get to bed/ and a new venture on its way.πŸ€—

So My Guy ( feel free to sing along )

Nothing you could say could tear me away from My Guy

Nothing you could do'cause I'm stuck likeglue to my Guy

I'm sticking to my man like a stamp to a letter

Like birds of a feather we stick together

I'm telling you from the start I can't be torn apart from My Guy.

As a matter of opinion I think he's tops

My opinion is he's cream of the crop

He's my Guy

BFN

Julie X

Edited by member 16 Feb 2017 at 22:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Feb 2017 at 22:26

My heart is weeping for you Julie.

Just keep whispering "I am the storm"

Edited by member 16 Feb 2017 at 22:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 03:52
Julie,

It's not fair what he and you are going through. Wish I could help.

Steve x

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 07:16

Stay strong xxxxx

Bri

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 07:40

As Brian says, "stay strong", and keep up the singing, 'My Guy' is very appropriate for how you are coping.

You're still very much on our minds, thoughts and prayers.

XxxxhugsxxxX

Chris xx

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 09:11
J

Thinking of you both.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 09:25

As ever you manage to make me smile and cry all at the same time Julie. Thanks so much for the update. All bits crossed for you both.

And here's one that was clearly written especially for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhkwRBGZEN4

I'm a Woman W.O.M.A.N.

I can wash out forty four pairs of socks and have 'em hangin' out on the line
I can starch and iron two dozens shirts 'fore you can count from one to nine
I can scoop up a great big dipper full of lard from the drippin's can
Throw it in the skillet, go out and do my shopping, be back before it melts in the pan
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again

I can rub and scrub til this old house is shinin' like a dime
Feed the baby, grease the car, and powder my face at the same time
Get all dressed up, go out and swing 'til four A.M. and then
Lay down at five, jump up at six, and start all over again

If you come to me sickly you know I'm gonna make you well
If you come to me all hexed up you know I'm gonna break the spell
If you come to me hungry you know I'm gonna fill you full of grits
If it's lovin' you're likin, I'll kiss you and give you the shiverin' fits

I got a twenty dollar gold piece says there ain't nothing I can't do
I can make a dress out of a feed bag and I can make a man out of you

'Cause I'm a woman! A W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, and that's all.

E

x

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 09:42

He's your guy alright Julie and I cannot ever imagine that he would want it any other way.

Eleanor's song choice is very apt.

But for me you are nothing short of Wonder Woman.

Make sure you look after you while your looking after Trevor, the boys and the doggies. They all need you very much

User
Posted 17 Feb 2017 at 10:34
Best wishes to you all
User
Posted 19 Feb 2017 at 19:45

Wonder how you and Trevor are doing Julie...sending every good wish and love and hugs and hopes.

Eleanor

xxx

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 04:34

What a terrible time Trevor is having, he is 'your guy' and you will support and love him through it all. Stay strong Julie.

With love Molly xx

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 21:57
What a turn around Oncology today and in walks the Wiz with the biggest smile on her face so drum roll please!

PSA down from 3188- to - 30552

ALP down from 494- to - 355

So ok I know pretty scary figures BUT we are going down and we are happy with those figures especially Trevor he is now on cloud nine and after the last week this is just what he needed.

His mouth and Jaw pain is continuing to improve and he is now able to eat slightly more solid food ( cooked him a shepherds pie and added carrot , parsnip, brussel sprouts into the mash ) sounds healthy doesn't it but sorry guys inthen added cheese 2 tons of butter and a splash of double cream even the kids ate itπŸ€—

The Wiz thinks the growth in his jaw is probably extra bone growth, and I am going to roll with that. He has lost another 2 kilos but I am planing to get some more of my special mash down him.😍

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 22:19

Brilliant news both! Well done.

Suggest we bottle the magic mash as well as bottling you. World problems sorted at a stroke.

Love and hugs and multiple whoops.

Eleanor

xxx

PS something odd is happening with the link to your recent posts - just goes to a 'page unavailable' message. Hope you haven't been Nominated!

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 23:30

Please tell me that new PSA is a typo :-0

Turmeric in the shepherds pie, I hope????

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 23:41
Sorry Lyn yes a typo 3052πŸ˜„Although some would still think a typo

Sorry again Lyn the turmeric has long been abandoned so it's just Trevor power know

Eleanor I am in the famous loop so unless some one pushes me into the next page by way of replies I will be forever in the page not found mode. (Could be the story of my life)πŸ™ƒ

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 21 Feb 2017 at 08:11
Julie

I do not post that much but do read daily and frequently. Love coming from the Bazza.

User
Posted 21 Feb 2017 at 09:26

I am so chuffed for you both.

Any new person coming on here and seeing those scores would recoil in horror but for you (and us!) they are magical.

Down, down down !! Go for it Trevor.

PS. Maybe I'll be the one to tip you over the edge!!