I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My 3 men contd

User
Posted 05 Oct 2020 at 10:06

Dad is a legend, made me laugh about J going to the Chemist to pick up Dad’s Caverjet! 

Great new on J’s PSA.

Ido4

User
Posted 06 Oct 2020 at 00:26

Hilarious.. good for your dad Lynn!

Sounds like a great weekend! 

User
Posted 06 Oct 2020 at 07:02

Made me smile. Great news about J

User
Posted 12 Oct 2020 at 12:01

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Dad, now 83 and having fully recovered from the mystery illness in February, has gone to stay a few days with his new lady friend (they have made themselves into a bubble, of course). He asked us to pick up a repeat prescription for him from the chemist, which J did yesterday. It is a significant supply of Caverject - I need counselling 😱🤯

On a happier note, J's September PSA reading was <0.1

That is great news and haha! He is living life to the fullest, he deserves it after all of that

User
Posted 18 Oct 2020 at 20:21
Very good news and a smile.

I gave up on Tadalafil but trying again after reading about your dad . So my thanks to him and yourself for posting  Thus far some success - I think being off stomach meds helps?

You know 15 years here and the board still inspires me  - irun and your dad to name two.

Ray

User
Posted 18 Oct 2020 at 21:19
It is always great to see you posting Ray - stay well .... and get that test booked for next month!!!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Oct 2020 at 23:36

Good to see you posting Ray.  Keep it up old chap, of course I mean achieving milestones in your PCa journey. :) 

Roger
User
Posted 19 Oct 2020 at 23:11

Really good news Lyn! 

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 00:07

Crazy times and lots of posts to catch up on in the next couple of days but John's latest PSA is a beautiful <0.1 

I have already concluded that this is not the right year to give up smoking; as a lifelong teetotaller I have discovered gin, Dad is fine and a little hat lying on its side is a most wonderful thing. 

Happy new year everyone; stay safe x 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 08:45
Good to hear John's latest PSA results.

Happy new year

regards Barbara xx

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 09:22
Glad to hear the "beautiful" result Lyn, long may it continue.

Enjoy your new found pleasure 🍹but swap it for the fags.

Happy New Year to all

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 10:20

Hi Lynn

Great news, all the best to you and yours for the new year.

Cheers

Sandy

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 10:26

Great news and a belated Happy New Year. A big thank you for all the advice and expertise you have given to myself and countless others during recent years. It is much appreciated.

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 10:43

Great news Lyn !! May I be so bold as to recommend a Beefeater Blood Orange gin to celebrate 🍸🙊

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 11:19

Great news Lyn. Enjoy the Gin. Slàinte.

Ido4

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 12:26

Fantastic news Lynn for you and your men long may it last.

John.

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 12:33

Lyn 

Good to hear, hope it continues. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 13:51
Best wishes Lyn and great news ! After having stopped smoking for 23 yrs I’ve just started vaping. I love it lol. Another vice to add to my many. Happy New Year xx
User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 14:18

Brilliant news Lyn, and discovering gin too. Thankfully, I kicked the nicotine habit over 20 yrs ago, but the desire is still evident. So pleased for you and your lads in such bl##dy awful times xx

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 15:12

Great news Lyn. You, Gin nah I’m not having that 😲🤔

Stay safe xx 

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 15:16
Good news Lyn and you're right in not giving up smoking, just change the content of your roll ups to "puff" and you'll also forget the need for mothers ruin.
Roger
User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 15:53
Good news Lynn ,your wealth of knowledge has helped many of us so it’s only right that we all are pleased for you and your men .
User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 22:07
Good news to start the new year, long may it continue!
Barry
User
Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 12:47

Excellent news for you all Lyn. Tony's PSA due later this month so squeaky bum time again for us. Fingers crossed 🤞

User
Posted 12 Jan 2021 at 14:35

Great to get another good result.

Gin has ruined many a woman, keep a clear head.

Peter

User
Posted 13 Jan 2021 at 16:54

Hi Lyn nice to hear your good news, Diesel here long time no see, my news not so good, nothing to do with prostate that went years ago, worse than that, I was diag. with small cell lung cancer last Feb stage 4 adv. But I'm doing ok, there is no cure, just treatment , I've had 6 chemos and 5 radiation's, so far shrunk a bit and stable, but I ache and tire easily, no pain. I'm having another scan this Sunday and seeing oncologist on 29th January for results, so fingers crossed, it's my birthday on 27 th Jan, so hoping no bad news. Christ Lynn I will be 76yrs young, never thought I would be so old, just don't know where all that time has gone. Hey ho, enough of me, hoping all the prostate clan are doing well and surviving as we have. Love to you all, your old Bezzie Diesel. ( Peter x ).  Ps, it was 7/8 years since I hadn't radical prostatectomy and it's been just great. x

Edited by member 13 Jan 2021 at 16:58  | Reason: To add prostate op.

User
Posted 13 Jan 2021 at 19:18

Glad to hear the good news, Lyn. 

Mrs MAS

User
Posted 14 Jan 2021 at 01:57
Thanks everyone, particularly for the warnings on my late adolescence with gin!

Diesel, fab to hear from you but I am so sorry about the lung cancer diagnosis. You make sure you keep that mask on and stay well away from people who look like they don't wash their hands often enough. Stay in touch, old pal x

User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 12:32
It's been a while since I updated this post. 2021 PSA results were

Jan <0.1

Feb 0.1

May 0.1

Aug 0.11

Nov <0.1

Next test is due in Feb but I expect it will just continue to bounce around the 0.1 mark. I tried to count back to see how the August result fits with his Covid vaccines but it doesn't seem to relate. As in previous years, the August reading is higher than the rest of the year so I can only assume it is to do with the annual 6 weeks of hard cycling, drinking red wine and eating French cheese 🤷‍♀️

User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 12:37
Deisel, I suspect that you follow this thread and only log in when a new post is made. Can you let me know that you are okay?

Ray, how are you doing?

User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 12:42
So it has been a good 2021 results wise, let’s hope that 2022 continues the same way.
User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 15:38

Wishing you and J a stable 2022.

User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 16:02

Hi Lynn,

Great News wishing you and your boys a better 2022.

Let's all keep fighting .

Regards John & Pat.xx

User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 22:03

Great results Lyn, long may they continue 👍🏽

User
Posted 03 Jan 2022 at 16:56

All the best for you and your men in 2022.

Peter

User
Posted 03 Jan 2022 at 18:05
A good year of results Lyn. All the best for 2022 results as well.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 03 Jan 2022 at 22:10

Great results Lyn. 

Ido4

User
Posted 03 Jan 2022 at 23:08
Good news for you and John.

You hinted recently that you were going for cancer tests yourself. How did that go, if you don’t mind me asking?

You don’t have to answer.

Best of luck to you both.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 08 Jan 2022 at 16:43
Sorry Bollinge, delayed reaction!

Results were pre-cancerous but they would like to remove the suspect area anyway. Problem is they won't do it until I give up smoking 🙄

Thank you for asking - I knew you loved me really 🤣

User
Posted 09 Jan 2022 at 12:11

Sorry to hear your news, Lyn.  Lots of love to you.  And anyway, the less money spent on cigarettes, the bigger the wine budget for France.

User
Posted 09 Jan 2022 at 13:32
That would be a valid point although I am tee-total - perhaps more money for cheese or beautiful shoes 😂

I am fine about it - had so many bits removed over the years, I am soon going to be like the million dollar man!

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 00:19

Lyn, Shoes, a girl can always buy lovely shoes.. then cheese and a decent red wine. I gave up the fags about 20 years ago

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 04:53
Can’t you quit smoking and take up drinking as a quid pro quo?

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 20:38
I was once given a glass of dubonnet & lemonade in France and it went straight to my head; at one point I removed all clothing from the waist down and ran around the campsite shouting “sahg me here, John!” He was not impressed and I was banished to our tent to sober up :-(

Unfair really as, as a rugby wife, I have always been very tolerant of drunk men being very silly.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2022 at 22:55

I'm speechless 🙊 

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 00:03
Not a story that I often tell in a professional environment, obviously! 😂

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 08:02
"Sagh me here" isn't that an Indian food with lots of spinach?

When I first met my new wife (3 years married still new?) She was tee total and quite innocent despite her 2 previous marriages. We discovered the primal delights associated with home made margarita and we haven't looked back since.

Booze is definitely preferable to fags!

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 10:16

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I was once given a glass of dubonnet & lemonade in France and it went straight to my head; at one point I removed all clothing from the waist down and ran around the campsite shouting “shag me here, John!”... 

We want to know why you don't drink ... and all you tell us is reason why you should drink.🤷

Dave

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 11:15

Hi Lyn, Only just caught up on this thread, hope you do manage to give up the fags, or lie and say you have stopped. As embarasing stories go the one you have posted beats anything  i could come up with. lol, anyway glad it was pre cancerous but still best to get sorted if you can.

regards Barbara x

User
Posted 11 Jan 2022 at 12:22
Thank you Barbara - how are things with you?

Dave - ha ha ha ha! I never liked the taste of anything. Even in church, I take communion with a look of excruciating disgust! I can force myself to have a tiny G&T if with people who are offended by my sobriety but I don't like it at all.