I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Nervous

User
Posted 21 Jul 2014 at 10:03
Results day today and am awaiting it with trepidation. Will I be glad when its over or not? Who's to say. My spouse was diagnosed on December 12 with g9 metastasised to bones and lymphs. Gone through treatment, ticking off as we go..decapeptyl, started to resist in October 13, bicalutamide added and that also failing.

Awaiting results of bone and ct scans today at onco appointment. We have already been told by him to cancel holiday as likely to be chemo.

It seems like watching a train coming and knowing you should get off the line but can't move.

Some a called it a rocky road and it does seem to be that that with treatments as stations along the route.

Sorry to vent on here, but it seems to be the only place I can. My spouse is totally chilled and taking it in his stride....or so it seems! I know he's worried as well but speaking words would make it real.

Thanks for listening. Just saying it makes me feel better.

Max

"You can only play the hand you're dealt"

User
Posted 21 Jul 2014 at 20:08

Hi Max 203

I hope today went well for you and your OH , vent away on here goodness knows I have done more than my fair share of venting on the forum to be honest it has been the only thing that has kept me sane in the last year. We had a very similar dx to yourselves and yes it is a very rocky road at times.

Lots have done well on Chemo, I am thinking of Allister in particular. 

Stay as strong as you can.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 21 Jul 2014 at 20:49
Went pretty much as expected. Worsened in bones and start chemo next week. Onwards amd upwards!!!
Max

User
Posted 22 Jul 2014 at 08:23

At least you know where you stand, the waiting for results, etc is so wearing. My partner started chemo nine weeks ago, is tolerating it fairly well except for fatigue and wobbly legs. Worth asking if there are any clinical trials you OH could be part of ? Wishing you all the best,

Fiona.

User
Posted 22 Jul 2014 at 09:09
Is your partner on any trials? Mine is on the Stampede trial, he drew the Zometa arm. I know that our hospital does run quite a few trials but I think those available are currently all post chemo.

Incidentally, I did ask yesterday for a leaflet on cord compression. I was told it was a good question! The onco went to look and there werent any! Although she did explain the symptoms and what we needed to look for very well.

Max