Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hubby in hospital with lymphoceles...

User
Posted 28 Mar 2015 at 21:46

Hi !

Last week I wrote to say Pete was experiencing high pain levels in his abdomen. His lymphodema was so bad that he could barely walk and he has been getting recurring fevers.

Well, he was diagnosed with a UTI and given antibiotics..BUT his GP also felt a lump on left pelvis, and this is where Pete had been getting sharp pains.

A CT scan revealed he has something called Lymphoceles, which is a build up of lymph fluid in the pelvis following lymph node dissection. If infected they cause fever etc, and the fluid build up causes real pain.

So, Pete is now in hospital.  He is on IV antibiotics and will have the nodes drained on Monday. I am hoping this will resolve his pain, and that the leg lymphodema will improve so that he can walk again. It was an unfortunate complication of his surgery, but we hope it will soon be resolved.

Anyone else had this?

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 29 Mar 2015 at 09:14

Sorry to hear that Ali.
Wish him better. At least he is going to get sorted out and in the meantime he is being monitored.
Hope all goes well Monday. I bet he'll notice a great improvement in his pain. I hope so anyway.

Best Wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Mar 2015 at 22:33
Really sorry to hear this news Ali, hope Peter recovers very soon and his pain is reduced or resolved. John hasn't had this, swollen ankles are our problem but they do reduce with elevation. Please let us know how he gets on.

Love Allison xxx
User
Posted 31 Mar 2015 at 00:27

Hi, my dad has not had this, however he had severe lymphedema.  Our local hospice run a clinic where they use intense bandaging for 2 weeks.  I didn't believe this could work, but it has and it is such a relief with all the other issues caused by the cancer it is one less to cope with.  Please ask if this is available in your area, it is worth it.

Jo x