Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

any thoughts on this new research?

User
Posted 22 May 2015 at 22:54

Hi!

So, a few things have happened with Peter in the last few weeks, he had a tremendous amount of pain just before Easter which was at first put down to a UTI. however, this was wrong- he had lymphocele build up following the prostate surgery, and it had become infected. He spent 13 days in hospital having the fluid drained over Easter, and thankfully the lymphocele has not returned. Another great piece of news is that his lymphodema has been greatly improved, following an assessment at the lymphodema clinic. He now has a lovely stocking to wear each day! It meant, however, that he no longer needs the walking stick, th eleg is pretty much normal size and he can walk and run (at times!) with our 5 year old daughter :-)

Next PSA test in June, and another full body CT scan following his first weeks of prostap. Then it's follow-up time with oncologist.....

Anyway, hope you are all finding strength and peace in your journey...

I have seen this article, and wondered what anyone's thoughts about it are? looks interesting...

www.dailymail.co.uk%2Fhealth%2Farticle-3091452%2FMajor-prostate-cancer-breakthrough-studys-men-untreatable-tumours-helped-drugs-hospital-shelves.html&h=bAQE450Yc

Ali and Peter

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 23 May 2015 at 10:38
hi Ali

I am sorry to hear that Peter has had some complications, but glad all has improved now.

I cannot open the link for some reason, but it may well be the article that a couple of the members were discussing on here yesterday about the individually targeted treatment breakthrough that Prof De Bono has just released information about. This Prof seems to be at the forefront of research on PCa and I have signed up to his hospital research unit on fb for updates.

certainly one to watch as very encouraging.

with best wishes

Alison

User
Posted 23 May 2015 at 14:16

I cannot open the link either. See if this works :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3091452/Major-prostate-cancer-breakthrough-studys-men-untreatable-tumours-helped-drugs-hospital-shelves.html

Best wishes to Peter.

Barry