I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chemotherapy & Neulasta

User
Posted 24 May 2015 at 11:54
I have had PC for 8 years now, I had RP in 2006, Radiotherapy in 2007 and then HT.

Been on HT for 4 years without a break.

In 2014 had Arbiraterone for 14 months before PSA rose to 12 . No bone mets but scan showed PC in lympths.

Consultant started me on 10 cycles of chemo with 3 days of dexamethasone methadone steroids .

After my first chemo I had a blood test which showed my white cells were low so I had a injection of Neulasta ( my wife does it) it makes me feel horrible

I have my chemo at home viaHealth Care at Home which is fine but you cannot discuss anything with your peers.

At the moment I have my chemo every third Wednesday morning, feel fine on Wednesday, feel fine Thurs, have. My Nealasta injection on Thurs morning. Friday feel not good. Sat / Sun.,bones ache, feel flu like, low mood, argumentative with wife ( not her fault at all) (usually)

Feel up and down until 8-10 days later.

Can anyone tell me what I am feeling is typical of been on Chemo ?

I would be very interested to know

Thank you

Kevin

Edited by member 24 May 2015 at 19:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2015 at 11:37

Kevin, I am sorry that I cannot help you on this as I  have not had chemo but I am sure that there is somebody on the forum who could tell you about their experiences .

I am very surprised that you have virtually been ignored as the response on this site is usually very quick

I know what a great contribution you have made in fund-raising for this cause and despite your problems nothing has ever been too much for you . When I see honours banded about to two- bob show biz characters and greedy politicians it makes my blood boil that few people recognize the silent heroes in the background

I am hoping this posting might persuade somebody to come forward and help you

Kind regards

Ray

Edited by member 30 May 2015 at 11:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2015 at 12:04
Kevin

Yes all are normal side effects of chemo and HT some men get them and dome don't so much.

Your post took days to appear that is unusually slow, looking at the date I suspect it got held up in a moderators in box. All new threads go that route but usually appear within 48 hours at worst.

You should get more responses now though.

Best wishes

Xx

Mo

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 May 2015 at 11:37

Kevin, I am sorry that I cannot help you on this as I  have not had chemo but I am sure that there is somebody on the forum who could tell you about their experiences .

I am very surprised that you have virtually been ignored as the response on this site is usually very quick

I know what a great contribution you have made in fund-raising for this cause and despite your problems nothing has ever been too much for you . When I see honours banded about to two- bob show biz characters and greedy politicians it makes my blood boil that few people recognize the silent heroes in the background

I am hoping this posting might persuade somebody to come forward and help you

Kind regards

Ray

Edited by member 30 May 2015 at 11:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2015 at 11:43

Sorry kevin, I don't know how I missed your post! Yes it looks to me like you are experiencing typical side effects of chemo and/or HT - who knows which are which though. Add in mouth ulcers, loss of appetite and fatigue for many people as well.

Is there a Maggie's centre near you - or does the local hospice have a drop-in where you could meet others in similar circumstances?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 May 2015 at 12:04
Kevin

Yes all are normal side effects of chemo and HT some men get them and dome don't so much.

Your post took days to appear that is unusually slow, looking at the date I suspect it got held up in a moderators in box. All new threads go that route but usually appear within 48 hours at worst.

You should get more responses now though.

Best wishes

Xx

Mo