I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Yesterday's posts

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 22:15
Can anyone shed any light on a post that I commented on yesterday Sunday 12th that I am unable to find?

It was late in the evening about 10.00pm and one other person commented at the same time as me "Johanson" I think but have tried to view it tonight to see if any further comments have gone on but it seems to have disappeared.

Has it been deleted by moderators or original poster (cannot remember the name) a daughter that was worried by her fathers weight loss and her mother not talking about it. Can anyone help direct me to the post please?

Cheers Chris/Woody

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 22:48

Thank you puffinbilly!!!!!

Yes I was the first to reply and it was regarding enzalutamide.

I thought I was going mad. I looked and looked then found a way of contacting Sadie but came to the conclusion that I was having a funny turn!!!! so didn't bother.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 12:50

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Johson,
It makes you start to think how many more posts have disappeared? Is there another way to see all the posts that go on as when I use the current it one seems to not have many old posts regardless of pressing last 2 days or 1 week or 2 weeks.

I am not very good with computers period so any guides and prompts need to be idiot proof before I can traverse to where I want to go.

I hope someone can get to the bottom of this as it appears to be affecting more than 1 post!

Chris/Woody

Life is seen differently upside down, take another viewpoint.

I do it the same way Chris.

Go to recent conversations and then back through the hours, weeks then last month.

On the occasion we are speaking of I checked after a few hours and it wasn't there.  I really thought I'd lost my marbles as I distinctly remember posting on it.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 20:08
P

I sent a message to Sadie about the same message as the daughter seemed quite anxious. I think the site crashed Sunday and may have been restored to a point before the message was sent. As yet Sadie has not replied.

Not having the treatment her Dad was on , I could not help.

Was the name Lisa M? But could not see it in the members on a phone at the moment so not easy.

Thanks chris

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 21:24

Thanks Chris, I have been scratching my head all day today and was worried that Lisa M would not be able to get help from here which is all that I was trying to do myself and can only remember "Johsan" replying two minutes before me. I am sure there was a couple more different posts as well that seem to have disappeared.

Regards Chris/Woody

"Life is seen differently upside down, take another viewpoint"

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 21:25
Chris and Chris

this has happened before, sometimes a person posts and then has second thoughts and they delete the thread. Only the person posting can do that though.

I really hope the site did not hiccup just when this young lady needed some help and support.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 22:48

Thank you puffinbilly!!!!!

Yes I was the first to reply and it was regarding enzalutamide.

I thought I was going mad. I looked and looked then found a way of contacting Sadie but came to the conclusion that I was having a funny turn!!!! so didn't bother.

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 23:37

Glad someone else has raised this ! It has also happened to me, posting, then the following day being unable to find mine or a few other posts. I didn't delete mine so wondered what had happened ! This was several weeks back.

Fiona.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 08:49

Hi Johson,
It makes you start to think how many more posts have disappeared? Is there another way to see all the posts that go on as when I use the current it one seems to not have many old posts regardless of pressing last 2 days or 1 week or 2 weeks.

I am not very good with computers period so any guides and prompts need to be idiot proof before I can traverse to where I want to go.

I hope someone can get to the bottom of this as it appears to be affecting more than 1 post!

Chris/Woody

User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 12:18

I tend to cut and paste now as sometimes I have to post twice for a post to appear. However that can result in both posts showing so I go back and delete the first one. But not always so?

Ray

User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 12:37

Hi all,

I would assume when a conversation by a new user disappears that it's because they've reconsidered and chosen to delete it. I've emailed the user to make sure, just in case.

colwickchris, why do you think the site crashed on Sunday? I don't see any dips in the usage graph -- was it unavailable for a time, roughly what time was it and are there any other converations or posts missing?

zarissa, the next time you post and then aren't able to find your previous posts would you let us know right then at onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org? That's the fastest way to reach us and when that happens we need to know so we can figure out if it's a problem of posts actually disappearing or posts not being findable. We'd also need to know as well as you can remember the names of whatever conversations are missing.

Best,
Sadie

User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 12:50

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Johson,

Chris/Woody

I do it the same way Chris.

Go to recent conversations and then back through the hours, weeks then last month.

On the occasion we are speaking of I checked after a few hours and it wasn't there.  I really thought I'd lost my marbles as I distinctly remember posting on it.

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 14:58

Hi all, 

We've been able to locate the original post, which is here: http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t10905-Please-help

Our moderation dashboard reported that it had been deleted by the user, though the user has told us that isn't the case. Developers are investigating to find out how that could have happened. 

Thanks for raising this and please let us know of any problems at onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org.

Best,

Sadie

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 20:10

Sadie

I had problems logging onto the site Sunday over a about a 4 hour period and using two different machines even google returned an message that the site cannot be reached. perhaps just coincidence but L also started a post saying things were quiet, so I perhaps put 2&2 together. and came up with 5.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 21:50
Thanks Sadie

it is of course possible that Indigo pressed the delete button by mistake not realising what it does. I have hit the report button by mistake a couple of times, thankfully realising when the next tab comes up asking me why, so I corrected it before I landed someone in a wrongful arrest?!! If you are new to the site those little symbols don't always make sense and it is just as easy to say OK instead of cancel when prompted.

Merging the two threads works but what if Indido had not had another go, this poor lady would be in distress thinking nobody had answered her.

best wishes

Mo

User
Posted 17 Jul 2015 at 18:16

I also have had problems logging on several times recently and just assumed it was my server or some other problem that I could not explain due to my illiteracy with computers, generally useless when anything but normal confronts me....

User
Posted 17 Jul 2015 at 18:34

I might have an answer to this. By accident ! I used to stand at my wife's laptop using this site and leave the site open. And then I'd make a post or something and it would lock out and lose my post or freeze etc. I then discovered that one day even though the laptop was locked out , my iPhone could log on. It was the laptop !! By simply closing internet explorer and then re-opening it , and then re-opening the site , everything worked fine. I think it's a laptop / windows thing and don't leave the site open

Maybe

User
Posted 17 Jul 2015 at 19:29

I use Linux (Mint) & this site does cause Firefox to crash irrecoverably quite often. Easy enough to reboot & return though.

User
Posted 18 Jul 2015 at 21:25

Would that apply to an I pad as that is all I use now as the main job gave up the ghost 18 months ago and not got round to fixing It yet. It's all a mystery to me no matter what device is operating!!

User
Posted 19 Jul 2015 at 10:35
I think the forum access from the various types of devices is generally well supported. I use an android tablet (Asus transformer) and an Android phone (Samsung S5) with google chrome running on both and have no problems at all.

Apple devices have a unique operating system which works great for anything that is apple related but can be quirky when working with other operating systems. If in doubt switch device right off and start again you can store the link in your Favourites and call it up from there.

I do not leave either of my devices logged into the forum but always sign out when I am done, not sure if that also helps but it seems to work for me.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 19 Jul 2015 at 15:35
I have a different albeit a minor problem, when I go to the forum it says sign out on the main screen when I know I've signed out completely before. So I sign out then back in again.

I'm generally using an IPad, when I use my laptop I can't sign in through Google but can through Google Chrome

Arthur