I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Swimwear

User
Posted 12 Dec 2015 at 14:30

Can anyone recommend swimming trunks. I am 4 months post-op with light to moderate leakage and would like to be able to swim as part of my return to fitness.  The products I have purchased to date are not very effective.

User
Posted 12 Dec 2015 at 18:44

To be fair once any trunks ( whatever their style) are wet , any leakage won't show at all. So I would pack wet trunks in a pedal bin liner and put them on at the pool. Leakage in the pool is fine - that's what the Chlorine is for !

User
Posted 13 Dec 2015 at 01:49

Good Lord Chris J - I can't believe you said that!

Beekeeper, try googling incywincy.net or Dorset nursing supplies - both sell trunks and swim shorts with a waterproof lining. Dorset nursing used to sell trunks that held a Tena pad as well

Edited by member 13 Dec 2015 at 01:50  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Dec 2015 at 07:35
My oh swam three times a week from four weeks post op to about six months. This is funny because

A) he can't swim very well

B) he hates swimming

He leaked quite badly early on, but said that once he was in the water it just stopped. The ed nurse said this was because of the water pressure and the water support. He used to take a shower as soon as he changed, but said he never leaked at the pool.

Try it

User
Posted 14 Dec 2015 at 12:31

I cant help with swimwear recommendations, but I would encourage you to swim.

I have for the past 7 years swum 2.5 kms most mornings. I'm sure it helped massively with my continence (dry from day one) and my overall recovery.

However, as a measure of the RRP impact, pre-op I could swim 2.5 kms in 50mins, I took me months to get below an hour and at the moment i.e. nearly 8 months post-op, approx 56 mins, so still 12% - 15% slower!

I have also made lots of friends at the pool, including 2 other PCa sufferers.

Get wet in a good way!! ;-))

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Dec 2015 at 18:44

To be fair once any trunks ( whatever their style) are wet , any leakage won't show at all. So I would pack wet trunks in a pedal bin liner and put them on at the pool. Leakage in the pool is fine - that's what the Chlorine is for !

User
Posted 12 Dec 2015 at 19:40
Gents

I may have mis understood your intentions, I know what happens to a pad in the washing machine. Not sure what would happen in a pool, the weight might pull your trunks down as you get out.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 Dec 2015 at 01:49

Good Lord Chris J - I can't believe you said that!

Beekeeper, try googling incywincy.net or Dorset nursing supplies - both sell trunks and swim shorts with a waterproof lining. Dorset nursing used to sell trunks that held a Tena pad as well

Edited by member 13 Dec 2015 at 01:50  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Dec 2015 at 07:35
My oh swam three times a week from four weeks post op to about six months. This is funny because

A) he can't swim very well

B) he hates swimming

He leaked quite badly early on, but said that once he was in the water it just stopped. The ed nurse said this was because of the water pressure and the water support. He used to take a shower as soon as he changed, but said he never leaked at the pool.

Try it

User
Posted 14 Dec 2015 at 12:31

I cant help with swimwear recommendations, but I would encourage you to swim.

I have for the past 7 years swum 2.5 kms most mornings. I'm sure it helped massively with my continence (dry from day one) and my overall recovery.

However, as a measure of the RRP impact, pre-op I could swim 2.5 kms in 50mins, I took me months to get below an hour and at the moment i.e. nearly 8 months post-op, approx 56 mins, so still 12% - 15% slower!

I have also made lots of friends at the pool, including 2 other PCa sufferers.

Get wet in a good way!! ;-))