I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

blood after starting pelvic floor exercises

User
Posted 23 Mar 2016 at 17:32

Hi my OH has just started doing his PF exercises in preparation for robotic prostatectomy at the end of April. He had a VERY thorough 46 core template biopsy at the start of Feb, after which he had a long lasting low level infection. He has just had to start yet another course of antibiotics.

So, since starting the exercises last week he has noticed blood - small clots - in the urine. Could this be linked to the exercises? Or could it be the infection? He also stopped taking his tamsulosin at the same time. It was causing ED and we had hoped for a bit of "normality" before the surgery, so could it be linked to that?

He says it is not bright red blood, so I assume it's not fresh bleeding

Would love to know if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks in advance

User
Posted 23 Mar 2016 at 18:50

I would think that as the blood isn't fresh it is just his system "clearing" any backlog.

Did your other half experience any blood clots coming away following the biopsy or is this a new thing.

Tamsulosin is supposed to help the flow (which logically would improve the "clearing out" of any residue from the biopsy. If he's stopped taking it then perhaps it will sit there until it's passed.

Why not ring one of the nurses on here and ask them, although I'm hoping that one of our more knowledgeable members will pop up and answer you.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User

Hi BJS, I suspect it is coincidence and/or the infection rather than the PFEs or stopping meds. Perhaps take a sample to the GP for checking?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User

I would think that as the blood isn't fresh it is just his system "clearing" any backlog.

Did your other half experience any blood clots coming away following the biopsy or is this a new thing.

Tamsulosin is supposed to help the flow (which logically would improve the "clearing out" of any residue from the biopsy. If he's stopped taking it then perhaps it will sit there until it's passed.

Why not ring one of the nurses on here and ask them, although I'm hoping that one of our more knowledgeable members will pop up and answer you.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User

Hi BJS, I suspect it is coincidence and/or the infection rather than the PFEs or stopping meds. Perhaps take a sample to the GP for checking?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Mar 2016 at 19:17

Thanks both. He had minor bleeding after the biopsy so maybe it is a build up. GP has put him back on co-amox for 7 days.