I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A New Chapter

User
Posted 08 September 2017 17:25:01(UTC)

Just catching up with posts now I'm home Steve and again, I'm sorry to read your news.

Could you perhaps speak to your consultant's secretary and ask for at least a telephone consultation to put your mind at rest?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 08 September 2017 17:26:39(UTC)

Duplicated post

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 08 September 2017 17:54:36(UTC)

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear your news - its an anxious time.  Keep posting your up-dates - I feel sure everyone is thinking of you and supporting you in this.  Take care

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 08 September 2017 18:39:57(UTC)
Hi Steve

Sorry to hear of the PSA rise. If the rise is as you expect in December I would suggest asking for a PET/CT Scan or similar to pinpoint the area of concern, but let hope it is a blip.

All the best

Roy
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 09 September 2017 06:41:44(UTC)

Hi Steve

don't start panicking yet, Tony was diagnosed gleason 9 T3B spread to seminals in 2006. he had ht and rt. he has been on and off ht ever since, he is still here with no side effects apart from hot flushes. whenever he has had to go back on ht his psa has gone down almost straight away to almost undetectable.

regards Barbara.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 10 September 2017 08:09:16(UTC)
Steve

Disappointing to hear about the rise but as others have said there will be options. Take care of yourself and stay positive.

Thanks Chris
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 10 September 2017 12:08:00(UTC)
Steve

Thinking of you in these worrying times.

Ulsterman
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 10 September 2017 17:32:44(UTC)

Hi Steve,
I would start asking for monthly PSA tests, not sure of your Gleason score your Onco will advise you when / if you should look at going back on HT,
I was on 2/3 monthly tests and my PSA was going up to 1.70 when it suddenly went down to 1.40 , they then said we will put you on four monthly tests as your PSA has gone down, I did think then that is the F@@@@@G kiss of death and I was right four months later PSA 3.02 and had a scan spread to bones , be careful
Barry

PS I am now lining up early Chemo six sessions {based on Stampede results} and back on HT but it was hard work getting Onco to look at this treatment path.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 11 September 2017 13:27:11(UTC)

Hi Steve
Sorry about your latest results but hopefully nothing to worry about.
It might be advisable to talk to your onco or nurses before your appointment though.
Paul

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 24 November 2017 02:52:28(UTC)
Hi,

Starting to feel a bit nervous about the next few weeks leading up to Christmas.

After my bigger than expected rise (by me anyway) in my PSA figures in my last blood test on September 1st, my next test is due next week or two.
Worse too is that I have to wait until my Oncology appointment on December 19th to find out the results.

I just hope that Christmas isn't spoilt by any bad news.

Steve
User
Posted 24 November 2017 07:31:24(UTC)

Hopefully it will be ok Steve. I’m in the same boat —- a blood test for everything on the 5th and Onco 8th. My psa is expected to have doubled to around 15 :-(.
I’m just dreading the words scans , Chemo and Abi. Best wishes

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 24 November 2017 08:20:38(UTC)
Steve

Being nervous is better than worrying, hope all goes well.

Thanks Chris
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 24 November 2017 10:48:49(UTC)
Hi Steve
Always a bit of trepidation but try not to worry as all you will achieve is to waste time that could be spent enjoying yourself. You will deal with the results when you get them the same as you have dealt with everything else that has been thrown at you.
All the best to you.

Kevan
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 24 November 2017 16:47:42(UTC)
Hi Steve, It's always the same waiting for test results with a bit of dread at the back of your mind. Hopefully you can find things to occupy your mind to reduce the nervousness. Wishing you all the best, Ian.
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 26 November 2017 08:08:35(UTC)

Hi Steve, just catching up with site news - don't come on here very often lately.  Will keep everything crossed for you (as I do for my o/h (whose PSA has also risen)  and all the other guys out there) its a sensitive time of year for a lot of people so as I said, will be thinking about you and wishing you well.  Take care now.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 06:08:40(UTC)
Hi,

Thank you for your nice comments.

My apprehension over my PSA test have been overshadowed by recent events.

For those who don't get to see my facebook page, you wouldn't know that in the early hours of Saturday morning, my Mum passed away. Fortunately I was with her when it happened, so she didn't die alone. She had lived a long life but it still seems she was taken too soon.

She was the best Mum anyone could have. I was very lucky.

Rightly or wrongly, I never told her about my cancer or my heart attack. I didn't want her final years to be spent worrying about my health, which she would have done. It wouldn't have been fair on her. I hope if she knows now, looking down on me, she would forgive me for that.

Live will never be quite the same again.

Steve
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 07:35:14(UTC)

Hello Steve
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum but am glad you where with her at the end.
My thoughts are with you at this sad time.
regards
Barbara

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 09:56:02(UTC)
Steve

So sorry to hear about your mum, please accept our sincere condolences. Mums are so special,I still miss mine and shed a tear many years after her passing. I took some comfort that I was with my mum at the end and I hope it gave her some too.

Take care of yourself, thinking of you.

Love Chris and Dawn
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 14:53:28(UTC)

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. My mum died about the same time but a few years back and it’s hard. I hope you are able to deal with all that’s required easily.

Hope your oncology appointment on the 19th goes well and you get some positive news.

Best wishes,

Arthur

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 16:11:02(UTC)

Very sorry to hear the news about your mum Steve. Always very sad losing someone.

Will be thinking about you and the rest of the famliy.

Take care, Ian.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 17:34:10(UTC)
Hi Steve
Very sorry to hear the news about your Mum as no time ever seems to be the right time regardless of age or state of health.
You evidently thought the world of her and to have dealt with your own health problems in the way that you have without adding to her worries is testament to the type of guy you are.
All the very best with the test result on the 19th. Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Kevan
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 04 December 2017 21:00:59(UTC)
Sorry to read about your mum Steve, my sincere condolences, Kev
Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today
Avatar is northern lights whilst running in Iceland sept 2017
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 05 December 2017 07:17:05(UTC)

Morning Steve, so very sorry to hear that news.  What a comfort to you and I hope to your Mother that you were together right to the end.  I am sure everyone is being supportive to you at this sad time.  I lost my own mother this time of year - so do understand how you are feeling.  As I said to her the night before she passed away, I have the best mother in the world - very wisely she said to me 'we all think that' and I guess she was right but it hurts.  You take care now and I know you will be supported both with your family, wider circle of friends and this community.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 05 December 2017 07:18:03(UTC)

Morning Steve, so very sorry to hear that news.  What a comfort to you and I hope to your Mother that you were together right to the end.  I am sure everyone is being supportive to you at this sad time.  I lost my own mother this time of year - so do understand how you are feeling.  As I said to her the night before she passed away, I have the best mother in the world - very wisely she said to me 'we all think that' and I guess she was right but it hurts.  You take care now and I know you will be supported both with your family, wider circle of friends and this community.

User
Posted 05 December 2017 07:18:04(UTC)

User
Posted 06 December 2017 11:32:15(UTC)
Hi,

Thank you for all your kind words, they do mean a lot to me.

On Monday I finally had my PSA blood test. When I got there, I found there were 52 people ahead of me in the queue. I felt like going home again but thought I'd better stay. Anyway I only had to wait an hour so it wasn't quite as bad as it could have been. At least it's done now, just have to wait until the 19th to see the onco when I'll get the results.

Steve
User
Posted 06 December 2017 11:43:34(UTC)

Hi Steve

A bit late reading about your mum. So sad to read that and yes like many mothers she will understand your reasons. Hope the result is a good one.

Ray.

Thanked 1 time

©2017 Prostate Cancer UK