I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

cassodex and tamsolosin

User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 00:49

Hi everyone, has anyone taken tamsolosin,( flow max) and casodex ( bicalutamide) together, my partner prescribed flowmax yesterday. webmd states that " bicalutamide oral increases levels of tamsulosin oral by altering drug metabolism

Additional Information: Dose reduction may be needed to take these drugs together. Close obseration is needded has anyone taken these meds toghther and what has been you experience many thanks 

User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 10:37

Interested in what you say. I have been on Tamsolusin for many years but UCLH prescribed Bicalutamide without comment for suspicious iliac node involvement. (I have not taken this form of HT yet as other hospitals were unconvinced this node was cancerous, not because of any clash with the drugs but with now discuss before taking).

Thanks for posting.

Barry
User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 20:29

I started taking Bicalutamide 2 years ago prior to HD Brachytherapy and Radiotherapy. I was put on Tamsulosin to start 5 days before the Brachytherapy (August 2014).

Post treatment, I found it difficult to manage without the Tamsulosin, but have recently worked on cutting it down to alternate days, then twice a week.

I stopped taking Tamsulosin a week ago (at the date of this post) and stopped the Bicalutamide 2 days ago as my hormone therapy is over now.

So I took both together for about 21 months.

(PSA has been less than 0.1 for the past six tests - every three months)