Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Motocycle meet in Bideford Devon 28th May

User
Posted 26 May 2016 at 19:17

Hi Folks,

I know there are quite a number of motor cyclists (past and present) as well as cyclists on the forum, so much so that I wonder if these pursuits may contribute in some way to PCa or it's advancement. No studies on this I know of so  perhaps just coincidental.  However, many of us enjoy riding and attending motorcycle meets and for those that do, are not otherwise committed and not too far away, you might consider attending the 3rd annual meet in Bideford.  The event was inaugurated in 2014 when hundreds of bikes were on show.  See the video on this link. https://www.facebook.com/BidefordBikeShow/

Last year more took part and this year it is expected to attract even more riders and spectators.  Entry is £3 per bike with takings going to good causes.  There is no charge for people looking but not exhibiting.

The whole of the Quay is taken over and even the Town square for the bikes so visitors should arrive early if they need the large car park (next to Victoria Park).  Morrisons - about 300 metres away, allows parking up to 3 hours but is pretty busy on a Saturday so not many spare spaces.

Edited by member 26 May 2016 at 21:06  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 26 May 2016 at 19:57

Hi Barry
Sounds great but unfortunately too far me living in West Yorkshire. Have a good Show though.

Paul

User
Posted 26 May 2016 at 22:27
Thanks for the info Barry. Unfortunately a bit late for me this year but have made

a note to watch out for it next year. These meets are always fun and raise a lot for various charities.

Kind regards,

Kevan

User
Posted 28 May 2016 at 10:38

Thanks for the info Barry ,but a bit too far for mehttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

User
Posted 28 May 2016 at 13:00

Hi Barry

Would have been good to meet you again; but too far for me.

Regards, Murf.

Favorite Quote: I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.

User
Posted 28 May 2016 at 18:26

Hi folks,

I should have posted this event earlier and will so for the meet next year if one is indeed to be held. I say this because there must have been an increase of over 25% in bikes on show over last year and really insufficient space during the peak period. The event is possibly becoming a victim of it's success unless further space is allocated, perhaps in the main car park or entries are restricted. It was a beautiful sunny day with a very diverse display of bikes and trikes and was clearly much enjoyed.

Yes Murf, a long time since we met at the diner in Essex and at Brooklands. I am rather committed this year but perhaps next year we could meet up again if not in Bideford maybe somewhere more central. (Bideford is only about 6 mins ride from Westward Ho!, with it's long sandy beach framed by pebble ridge and other resorts in North Devon so makes a nice place for a holiday break.

Hope your wife is responding well to treatment.

Barry