I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

You Ladies....

User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 07:50
I read your updates and want to reply but never know what to say.

I feel so lucky that my own case was/is much simpler than those of your better halves and cannot conceive how I would be or feel in their situations.

So this is a message to you all.

It is a simple one... I just think you are all really special, fantastic gals...

That's all..

Keep Right On...

KRO...

Edited by member 02 Jul 2016 at 09:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 07:50

I feel so lucky that my own case was/is much simpler than those of your better halves and cannot conceive how I would be or feel in their situations.

It is a simple one... I just think you are all really special, fantastic gals...

That's all..

Keep Right On...

KRO...

Edited by member 02 Jul 2016 at 09:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 21:03

Another point: I am also very appreciative of the contributions of those brave women who continue posting here after the loss of the man they love, simply to share their their experiences, their wisdom, and their kind thoughts with those of us who are still in the thick of it. This is so helpful, and it's a source of support I may be needing to draw on more in the coming months. Thank you all.

Marje

User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 12:13
Well said, KRO & Chris.

The women (partners & daughters) in our lives often have a worse time than most of us actually suffering the disease because they are probably trying to deal with a person who has changed since before diagnosis. There must be a feeling of helplessness that they can't help make the cancer go away. I certainly feel that with my wife at the moment, as she is suffering a very painful medical condition which I can't do anything to help.

I am so grateful to all of our women members here who provide support and wise words at times when we all really need it. Thank you.

Steve
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 19:14
Thank you for,this lovely thought. After one chap left after I commented (kindly) on his post this has me feel much better.

Devonmaid
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 19:38

I've always had nothing but respect for the fairer sex. A strength and patience and fortitude that many men are unable to deliver. I would hate to be dealing with this on my own , so thanks to my Scottish rock Elaine ( made of Irn Bru ) , and of course all you ladies on this forum. I for one think your input is invaluable and very welcome. Xx

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 08:15

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

The post above from Eria Jeremy may be spam ,I have reported it. Don't click on the link ,it wants your location.

Thanks Chris 

Too late Chris, I already did. 😁

We're getting more and more of them.

But what a lovely conversation to inadvertently bump. In my opinion our ladies suffer from the effects disease more than we do. Mine's got a PhD in 'Placating bears with sore heads.'

I chuckled at Lyn's "I don't do fluffy" I'd have never have guessed. 🙄

Edited by member 29 Mar 2024 at 08:34  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 12:41

That's all..

Keep Right On...

KRO...

And for those women whose other halves are struggling at the moment ( and for those of you for whom that struggle is over) I too salute you.  I'm not in your camp and pray that I never am, but if it should happen - well I hope I'm as brave as you are now

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 19:14
Thank you for,this lovely thought. After one chap left after I commented (kindly) on his post this has me feel much better.

Devonmaid
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 19:38

I've always had nothing but respect for the fairer sex. A strength and patience and fortitude that many men are unable to deliver. I would hate to be dealing with this on my own , so thanks to my Scottish rock Elaine ( made of Irn Bru ) , and of course all you ladies on this forum. I for one think your input is invaluable and very welcome. Xx

User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 21:37

Is everyone feeling really emotional today? Perhaps it is to do with Wales beating Belgium last night?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 02 Jul 2016 at 21:50

Is everyone feeling really emotional today? Perhaps it is to do with Wales beating Belgium last night?

Well ... I AM claiming Welsh nationality after last night... my Grandad was a Bevan....
User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 00:38
Bless you KRO
We sometimes need a kind word just to keep us going.
Xx
Mo
User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 01:20

I am a bit autistic and I don't do emotions.

Kro, you probably qualify for the Welsh national team!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 09:43
Kro

A very thoughtful message and lovely replies from our ladies but let us also include the daughters on here who care and support their Dads.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 12:13
Well said, KRO & Chris.

The women (partners & daughters) in our lives often have a worse time than most of us actually suffering the disease because they are probably trying to deal with a person who has changed since before diagnosis. There must be a feeling of helplessness that they can't help make the cancer go away. I certainly feel that with my wife at the moment, as she is suffering a very painful medical condition which I can't do anything to help.

I am so grateful to all of our women members here who provide support and wise words at times when we all really need it. Thank you.

Steve
User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 13:09

Thanks, guys, for your words of kindness and encouragement. I am heartened to find on this forum so many other women in a similar position to mine, and to know that they understand the different, but equally heavy and stressful, burden that we bear. Some of the load is shared with our partners, but there are other things that we have to face without them, and it's comforting to find the support of other women here, as well as hearing the men's points of view.

Marje

User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 20:23
Hi kro
Lovely post, I must say you men are pretty amazing too!!
You said you don't comment because you are unsure of what to say, I find just seeing that you are on line reading posts shows that you care. In life we can't all be talkers, we have to have listeners too.
Take care
Lesley
User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 21:46

I am a bit autistic and I don't do emotions.

only a tiny bit, you tell me if anyone thretaned any of yours that you would just pass that off? no you would go for the jugular and rightly so. You really do have emotions you just are better than many at keeping them under control.

xxxx
Mo

User
Posted 03 Jul 2016 at 21:53

Fair point - I amend my statement .... I don't do fluffy :-)

User
Posted 10 Jul 2016 at 21:03

Another point: I am also very appreciative of the contributions of those brave women who continue posting here after the loss of the man they love, simply to share their their experiences, their wisdom, and their kind thoughts with those of us who are still in the thick of it. This is so helpful, and it's a source of support I may be needing to draw on more in the coming months. Thank you all.

Marje

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 08:11

The post above from Eria Jeremy may be spam ,I have reported it. Don't click on the link ,it wants your location.

Thanks Chris 

Added, moderators have now seen fit to delete it. 

Edited by member 29 Mar 2024 at 15:29  | Reason: Edit to post

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 08:15

Thanks Chris 

Too late Chris, I already did. 😁

We're getting more and more of them.

But what a lovely conversation to inadvertently bump. In my opinion our ladies suffer from the effects disease more than we do. Mine's got a PhD in 'Placating bears with sore heads.'

I chuckled at Lyn's "I don't do fluffy" I'd have never have guessed. 🙄

Edited by member 29 Mar 2024 at 08:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Mar 2024 at 12:28
Wales's victory over Belgium was epic but if Eira is still struggling to manage their emotions nearly 8 years on, they probably need to see a psychotherapist.